v8 bug reports

That didn't take long.

The world map doesn't work in HoW-only games.

Edit: I'm an idiot. It works fine, but you don't have anywhere to go until you've learned the location of the barbarian camp. I'd forgotten how stingy IWD is at giving you map locations.

Edited by DavidW
idiocy of self

Just installed fresh IWD Tutu. And During character creation I have some minor bugs while adjusting thieving skills

1)Scroll bar next to skills is scrolling skill description, and vice versa (one next to skill description is scrolling skill list)

2) "+" and "-" buttons next to skills are almost all in their place. Only problem is with highest located skill. There is "-" button, but "+" is missing.

Just finished my first run through Planescape Torment, now I'm on to this. I've reached Kuldahar and so far the only items of note are from the level-up screen.

Here's my WieDU.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Game ends when the main character dies: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available - WARNING: they will look very out of place: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v8.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // BG2-style journal [work in progress]: v8.0

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v4

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate class for Korin, IWD-in-BG2 -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger: v4

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // Alternate class for Nella, IWD-in-BG2 -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid: v4

~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #34 // Alternate class for Teri, IWD-in-BG2 -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage: v4

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Voice of Durdel Anatha: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #100 // Malavon's Golems: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #200 // Expanded Guello/Beorn Quest: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #300 // Marketh's Ring: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #500 // Orrick's Rhino Beetle Shield: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #600 // The High Baptist's Flock: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Minor Item Restorations: v7

~UB_IWD/SETUP-UB_IWD.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Restored Random Drops: v7

~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v5

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2295 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Cleric Spell Table: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v12

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v12

Thieving skills: I see only four, and it won't scroll to show any more. Is this intentional, using IWD1 instead of BG2 skills? If so you should also reset the skill points gained from 25 to 20 per level.

Details window: It doesn't scroll, showing only part of the information. The rest is somewhere outside the window.

Verified picollo's observations, and ran into a nasty surprise in the Vale of Shadows near the entrance to Kresselack's tomb - a full Shadow. Just glad I'd found a couple magic weapons in the tombs and saved the +1 arrows from the beetle cave...

AR3502 - the three skeleton archers from a random encounter on rest had no ammunition.

AR3503 - found two more full Shadows in the northern alcove. Holvir (L4 paladin) showed "Diseased" after being hit by a mummy, though he didn't seem to be affected (no continuing HP loss, healing worked).

AR2113 - Gerth still doesn't buy keys.

AR3600 - the Verbeeg Red Toe doesn't move to flee the area.

AR3502 - the three skeleton archers from a random encounter on rest had no ammunition.

AR3503 - found two more full Shadows in the northern alcove. Holvir (L4 paladin) showed "Diseased" after being hit by a mummy, though he didn't seem to be affected (no continuing HP loss, healing worked).

AR2113 - Gerth still doesn't buy keys.

AR3600 - the Verbeeg Red Toe doesn't move to flee the area.

Grogerson - can you have a look at the "final v7 bug list" on the forum? Some of these things are on it, either because I don't think they're bugs (the shadow in AR3000) or because they're unfixable (Gerth's keys).

[Grogerson - can you have a look at the "final v7 bug list" on the forum? Some of these things are on it, either because I don't think they're bugs (the shadow in AR3000) or because they're unfixable (Gerth's keys).

I have now, and checked the areas with NI. Gotta wonder about the Shadows, though. In vanilla IWD I don't recall them ever appearing, or else they didn't function properly (no immunity to normal weapons or strength drain). Maybe this is one of those things the conversion actually fixes...

In my v7 install the Shadow's got the immune1.itm in a quickslot, making it non-effective. If it works now then that's a bugfix.

I also noted them in v7. I'm referring to vanilla IWD, not this conversion. I guess I'm going to have to replay the Vale of Shadows in the vanilla game to see if those Shadows function correctly or not...
AR4004 - I didn't encounter any yuan-ti mages or archers - on core difficulty. Am I missing something? I recall encountering them in v7 at this setting.
Well yes, after sneaking into a locked room, thief something, or just wonder and talk to the "people" there, and then enter to the further backrooms and they should have elite yuan-ti's that are archers, and yes, the Summoner and a few others of the primary levels creatures are mages, but not many. Edited by Jarno Mikkola