***spoilers*** cant find someone

Guest Karlos

I juste can't find that thief "scam", the other guy said he was at the dock below the bridge district...

So I searched at the bridge district dock's, then i tried at the dock district, can't find him! It became a lil frustrating!

Have you gone back and spoken to Kebodi or Suleci?

Yup, the only available text is "where i can find scam again" and then they say that he is at the docks, bridge district..

But he's not there, ive looked everywhere, each stairs, each building.. Became very frustrating, he doesnt seem to be anywhere...

If you're in the bridge district, try these two commands at the console:

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("G3Scam","GLOBAL")
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("G3ScamSaga","AR0500")

I can't imagine why he hasn't spawned, but these two values will help me track down the problem.

Guest Guest
Yeah I'm getting this problem too, Scam doesn't seem to be anywhere near the Bridge District docks. For the Globals you provided above I get 2 and 3 respectively.

i have exactly the same problem.

is there some way of entering a command to get him to spawn?.

Guest Guest

ok well i tried a few things to get the quest going:

1. summoned scam using the console, he simply walks off in the same way he did when he stole from me the first time.

2. gave myself the brew using shadowkeeper, the guy in the copper coronet did not have the option of completing the quest however.

3. changed the scam variable from 3 to 1, which allowed me to summon scam after re-entering the docks. when i summoned him, i was able to speak to him and ask him to give back the brew. he then says hes lost it and that i should follow him to look for it, then he dissapears without a trace. summoning him again results in him just walking off again.

any idea how i can get this to work?. ive spent too much time on this quest to just leave it...

thanks.

Guest Guest

sorry to make 3 posts in a row, i just need to correct something.

in the 2nd example i gave before, i had actually forgotten one of the drinks which is why it didnt work.

so just to clarify, if you get this bug, you can add the special brew to your inventory using shadowkeeper and still complete the quest.

ok well i tried a few things to get the quest going:

1. summoned scam using the console, he simply walks off in the same way he did when he stole from me the first time.

3. changed the scam variable from 3 to 1, which allowed me to summon scam after re-entering the docks. when i summoned him, i was able to speak to him and ask him to give back the brew. he then says hes lost it and that i should follow him to look for it, then he dissapears without a trace. summoning him again results in him just walking off again.

any idea how i can  get this to work?. ive spent too much time on this quest to just leave it...

Both of these would indicate to me that Scam's variables are not being set so that he respawns in his proper place. If anyone else gets this problem, I would hazard a guess that increasing his variable to 4 might fix things, but Cam would know for sure.

*spoiler*

Depending on how many times he's run away, you might have seen all there is of Scam. If you threaten him to get the drink, he will flee forever, but he will drop the drink that you need. try looking on the ground near him, you may have already completed the quest.

Archived