GemRB 0.6.6 released!

lynx

The GemRB team is proud to announce a new (minor) release.

There were two main areas of focus, spellcasting and input. Casting is now properly difficult and time consuming, while in the input area there were many fixes for multitouch and keyboard shortcuts. On top of that this release brings the usual assortment of random features, bugfixes and internal cleanups.

Currently only the sources and some packages are available. You can get them from here. Other binaries will be available shortly.

Full changelog digest:

GemRB V0.6.6 (2011-10-03):
 New features:
- aura pollution and cleansing, casting interruption
- formation rotation
- bounty encounters
- npclevel.2da support
- initial mac bundle support
- fatigue
- backstab on condition (like in ToBEx)

Improved features:
- effects, triggers, actions
- keyboard shortcuts (F1-F12), touchscreen ui, scrolling
- hitpoint gain, thieving skill boni
- combat, spellcasting, iwd sounds
- PST inventory, PST spells
- bugfixes

Applied patches:
manpage typo fixes from c-korn #3377098
pst spell learning fix from Viktor Novotný
touchscreen fix from Beholder

Hi, I just decided to check out gemrb again, loving the progress... finally starting to feel complete :)

I have been playing through bg2, although I am unfortunately stuck - the first dream sequence triggered I think, but it didn't play out right, and now I am stuck without a gui in the umar hills. Is there a way to get it back? I realise this might mean my playthrough is broken, but I have lots of saves and would like to see how far I can get anyway. Hopefully the dream sequence is just for show and doesn't set any important variables...

Actually if I rest at an inn the game is locked completely, because it disables the mouse cursor... if I rest outside, the game tries to start the dream sequence but doesn´t change area, and also only displays imoen´s first two lines. I am guessing because it relies on actually being the correct area... Quick save/load seemed to have no effect, I tried that by accident by hunting around for the quit key combination. I am away from home at the moment but when I get back I will try a manual area change to the dream area.

I don´t know if it is important or not, but I also noticed at the start cutscene, Irenicus misses a couple of lines, is that related perhaps?

He doesn't say "ah, the child of bhaal has awoken", nor "no matter they will only prove a slight delay"

I have done a fresh install last night so I will start from the beginning again just in case it is something to do with a tweak or fixpack...

Archived