Issue with Multi-player Kick-out Dialogues in BG2:EE

Zone

Let me preface this with saying I have no knowledge of infinity engine modding nor BG modding, I have however stumbled upon a fix for a bug I've seen some others having with the EE versions.

I was having an issue with the improved Multi-player kick-out dialogues v16 component, after installing no change was made to the dialogue. While trying to figure out what it did change I realized the kickout dialogue for non-recruitable characters forced recruited with Ctrl-Q did change. I decided to do some digging around starting with MULTIG.DLG, the file pointed to by the various multi files in bg2_tweaks/dlg/ and found that this was not the dialogue my multiplayer characters were using, however the next file down, MULTIJ.DLG is what I was seeing in game.

To fix this I changed all instances of "MULTIG/multig" to "MULTIJ/multij" inside the files multig.d, multi22.d, multi_bgee.d, and just to be safe I did both multibgt and multig_iwdee too, then I reinstalled the Improved Multi-player Kick-out Dialogues component and my issue was fixed! Now for anyone with this issue I'm not saying this is the right way to fix it, you probably don't need to touch the bgt or iwdee files for starters, but this is exactly what I did and it worked.

The only problem I have now is you cannot tell an already waiting Multiplayer PC "Nevermind" when you talk to them, your only option is to let them join or tell them bye and have them disappear

Archived