honest question (and this applies to SR as well)

I always thought that patching items not replacing them is the best practice?

Well it would be, if it was perfectly predictable ... the IR's system makes them more predictable by the replacing the start items.

This of course needs to be taken into account in install orders... but so what. We have the gold finger...

K. I think I want to break the Fixpack down into just a quest+dialog fixes, because a ton of it is concerned with item and spell fixes, which are utterly redundant if IR+SR are going to be installed. I was already redoing the entire dialog.tlk to conform to proper style. I'm glad these mods don't patch. Makes it easier to leave the strings alone.

...because a ton of it is concerned with item and spell fixes, which are utterly redundant if IR+SR are going to be installed.

And if it's not ?? I don't get any of this... cause you probably should tell us (if you wish to be clear) what you are doing ? Not that you need to..

The BG2Fixpack is already applied and more up to date in the v2.0 EE games(in all the BG1EE, BG2EE and SoD EE games) than the current G3 BG2 Fixpack... soo ... what's the point ?

The point is cleanness, and some subjectiveness. A huge chunk of FP doesn't matter if IR/SR are installed. There are other reasons, but that's the only one really relevant here.

Right... so what ? It takes a 2 minutes to install the mod, which includes downloading too. It's like you want to reinvent the wheel with square objects.

Archived