BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

Good news! At least for me. Well, I'm happy it isn't my mod, anyway.

Like the person who found the previously undiscovered Aerie bug, you've found a previously discovered Minsc bug. Minsc is trying to remind you that you told Delon that you will go to Imnesvale.

There are two ways that you can fix this. Either you can go to Imnesvale and talk to Minister Lloyd or you can use the console to get Minsc to stop stuttering.

If you want to use the console, open it up, select Minsc, and leave the mouse hovering over Minsc's portrait. Now type the following into the console and hit enter.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("MinscReminder","LOCALS",2)

Keep in mind that if you don't go to Imnesvale, it's possible that Delon will chase you all over Athkatla.

If you want to use the console but don't know how, I can tell you how to do that.

Two banters keep repeating:

The one between Gavin and Jan (where Gavin says he's sorry about Lissa) and the one between Gavin and Mazzy (where Mazzy complains that the food is out of her reach).

Aerie and Yoshimo stuttered so much I kicked them out of the party. I assume in Yoshimo's case it might be caused by NPC IEP/Yoshimo friendship, but I have no idea. Just thought I'd post it here, as others have reported stuttering, too.

Edited by Evaine Dian

Yup, I see that the banter with Jan is set to repeat. I'll put up a fix momentarily, but I'm going to post the code for the others so you can see that the variables are all closing properly.

Anyway, give me less than half an hour and I'll have your Jan issue resolved. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do for Mazzy, since her banter shouldn't be repeating at all.

Mazzy with the food out of reach:

CHAIN
IF ~Global("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ BGavMaz2 
~[GAVIN] Can I get that for you, Mazzy?~ [bgav244] 
~SetGlobal("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",2)~ 
== MAZZYJ ~[MAZZY] No, I can reach...~ 
= ~[MAZZY] Confound it, I can't reach it. Why do we have to tie our food up so high?~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] It's the bears. They'll rummage through anything we leave on the ground.~ 
== MAZZYJ ~[MAZZY] Still, it's rather inconsiderate to task someone with cooking breakfast and then tie all the food eight bloody feet off the ground.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Heh. I suppose it is, at that.~ 
EXIT

Aerie's banters. If she's got stutter, it isn't Gavin.

/* Gavin-Aerie 1 - Quayle */
CHAIN
IF ~
InParty("Aerie")
Global("B!GavAer1","GLOBAL",0)
Dead("Kalah")
!Dead("Quayle")
!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
!StateCheck("Aerie",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Aerie")
~ THEN ~BB!Gav~ GavAer1
~[GAVIN] Quayle means a lot to you, doesn't he?~ [bgav200] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAer1","GLOBAL",1)~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] He was my only friend in the circus. I will never forget his kindness.~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] I am glad that you can recall even one part of your past fondly, after your ordeal.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] He was the only one who did not taunt me, torture me. I... don't want to remember.~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] I can understand that. Still, you developed a strength few people could claim. That Quayle can take credit for encouraging it speaks well of him, but the strength was yours, not his.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] I was not given a choice. It was all forced on me. Quayle did not have to help me, but he did.~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] But you did help him. From what I understand, he was far less compassionate before he met you.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] You shouldn't t-talk about him like that!~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] You're right. I should not. I am sorry.~
EXIT

/* Gavin-Aerie additional banter 1 - backward tunic */ 
CHAIN
IF ~
InParty("B!Gavin2")
Global("B!GavAerAdd1","LOCALS",0)
!StateCheck("B!Gavin2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("B!Gavin2")
~ THEN BAERIE GavAerAdd1
~[AERIE] Heehee! You've got your tunic on backward.~ [bg_blank] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAerAdd1","LOCALS",1)~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] Ah, yes. So I do. No wonder it felt funny.~ [bgav201] 
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] Don't you even look at your clothes when you're putting them on?~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] Not usually, no.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] That explains a lot.~
EXIT 

/* Gavin-Aerie 2 - ogres and circuses */
CHAIN
IF ~
InParty("Aerie")
Global("B!GavAer2","GLOBAL",0)
Dead("Kalah")
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("Aerie")
~ THEN ~BB!Gav~ GavAer2
~[GAVIN] I wonder why people find ogres so funny.~ [bgav202] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAer2","GLOBAL",1)~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] What?~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] You aren't the first ogre to have graced a circus.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] B-but I'm not an ogre! I'm an avariel!~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] You were turned into an ogre for the circus, though. I suppose Kalah thought it was comical.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] Well, I didn't think it was funny. I was so... ugly, and huge! I was so happy when <CHARNAME> turned me back again. If only I could have been turned back whole...~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] Yes, well, as I said, I have seen an ogre - a real ogre, or at least I thought he was, at the carnival at Nashkel. His keeper, the Great Gazib, would make him explode, over and over again.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] That's monstrous!~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] It was. One day, the ogre decided he'd had enough, and struck Gazib hard enough to kill him.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] What happened then?~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] I don't know. I would like to think that the ogre made it to freedom and is raising a family of little ogres far, far away from humans.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] But what would have happened if the ogre had been chained?~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] I suppose the chains would have fallen off when he blew up. But he got away. I guess ogres and circuses don't work out, after all.~
== BAERIE ~[AERIE] Circuses are always cruel, though.~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN] You are probably right. I still like to watch the jugglers, though.~
EXIT

/* Gavin-Aerie Additional 2 - Early riser */ 
CHAIN 
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~Global("B!GavAerAdd2","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ BGavAerAdd2 
~[GAVIN] Ah, you're up already. Not often I meet someone who rises as early as I do.~ [bgav203] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAerAdd2","GLOBAL",2)~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] This is my favorite time of the day, when the birds are just starting to sing and the dew is on the grass. Everything is so peaceful.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Then your reasons are better than mine.~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] What do you mean?~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] I worship at dawn, so I have to get up early enough to be awake for it.~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] I thought you just enjoyed the quiet.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] It's habit as much as anything else. Though I do admit, I like the stillness before the world wakes up.~ 
== NALIAJ IF ~InParty("Nalia") 
  See("Nalia") 
  !StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ ~[NALIA] Oh, Gavin, you're up. When's breakfast?~ 
== ANOMENJ IF ~InParty("Anomen") 
  See("Anomen") 
  !StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Nalia") 
	  !See("Nalia") 
	  StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ ~[ANOMEN] Ah, I see you're awake. Is the water on?~ 
== EDWINJ IF ~InParty("Edwin") 
  See("Edwin") 
  !StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Nalia") 
	  !See("Nalia") 
	  StateCheck("Nalia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Anomen") 
	  !See("Anomen") 
	  StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ ~[EDWIN] All this chatter, and still no breakfast?~ 
== JAHEIRAJ IF ~InParty("Jaheira") 
  See("Jaheira") 
  !StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Nalia") 
	  !See("Nalia") 
	  OR(3) !InParty("Anomen") 
		  !See("Anomen") 
		  StateCheck("Anomen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
	  OR(3) !InParty("Edwin") 
		 !See("Edwin") 
		 StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) ~ ~[JAHEIRA] You're awake? And I see you have the fire started. Good, we can set off soon after breakfast.~ 
== KORGANJ IF ~InParty("Korgan") 
  See("Korgan") 
  !StateCheck("Korgan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Nalia") 
	  !See("Nalia") 
  OR(3) !InParty("Anomen") 
	  !See("Anomen") 
  OR(3) !InParty("Edwin") 
	  !See("Edwin") 
	  StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Jaheira") 
	  !See("Jaheira") 
	  StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ ~[KORGAN] Such a racket! You'd damn well better have breakfast ready.~ 
== AERIEJ IF ~OR(3) !InParty("Nalia") 
	  !See("Nalia") 
  OR(3) !InParty("Anomen") 
	  !See("Anomen") 
  OR(3) !InParty("Edwin") 
	  !See("Edwin") 
	  StateCheck("Edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Jaheira") 
	  !See("Jaheira") 
	  StateCheck("Jaheira",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) 
  OR(3) !InParty("Korgan") 
	  !See("Korgan") 
	  StateCheck("Korgan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ ~[AERIE] And you've already started breakfast.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN]That, too, is a habit.~ 
EXIT 

/* Gavin-Aerie 3 - slavery is wrong */
CHAIN
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~Global("B!GavAer3","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer3
~[AERIE] It is just wrong for those slavers to treat people like that.~ [bg_blank] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAer3","GLOBAL",3)~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] I agree.~ [bgav204] 
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] Life means nothing to those... savages! They treat people like animals and never care if they sicken in captivity.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Aerie, what they did to you was unspeakable. I am filled with admiration that you could have emerged from it alive, yet you did, without losing your compassion.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] Well, I don't want anyone else to have to suffer, either.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] No, of course not. But your story brings me hope that some of those that we rescued may one day overcome the hurt that was done them.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] Will their scars ever really heal, though?~
EXIT

/* Gavin-Aerie 4 - the fight */
CHAIN
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~Global("B!GavAerConflict","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4
~[AERIE] What are you doing?~ [bg_blank] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAerConflict","GLOBAL",3)~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Writing a letter to my parents. I haven't written to them in months. I am sure they will want to know I'm alive.~ [bgav205] 
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] You are so cruel!~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] What did I do?~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] You are always reminding me of the things I'll never have again, like my wings, or a life without the memory of captivity, or a family. (sniff) Do you have any idea how... alone I am? How much I've lost?~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Oh, no. Not this time.~
= ~Aerie, I am very sorry about everything that has been done to you, but you need to let it go.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] It is easy for you to say. You weren't there. No one... hacked off the one thing that connected you to the rest of your kin. No matter where I go, now, I will never be one of them again.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] You are more than a pair of wings, Aerie.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] You make it sound so easy, like all I have to do is forget it happened, but every time I look up and see the sky, I remember flying.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] The infection that took your wings could have easily taken your life. I have seen it. A leg wound sours, the infection spreads. There are men that would choose to risk their lives for a chance to keep a festering leg.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] I was never given the choice!~ 
= ~My whole life, other people have decided my fate. Ever since I was stolen away from my parents... ~
= ~It was always someone else's decision, always someone else controlling my life, and I can't forgive them for taking away the one thing that made me what I was.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Believe me, he did not do it for his own benefit. Is it so hard to forgive a fool? You were worth more to him whole. With wings, you were a novelty. Without them, you were just an elf, and no one pays money to see elves.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] You're s-supposed to be a priest! How can you say such things?~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] There is evil in this world. I did not invent it. If you cling to this evil, this resentment, you will forever be your captor's victim.~
== ~AERIEJ~ ~[AERIE] How can you say such things to me?! <CHARNAME>, Gavin is being cruel to me!~
END
+ ~GlobalGT("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Gavin, back off! Aerie has been through enough.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.1
+ ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Gavin, back off! Aerie has been through enough.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.2
+ ~GlobalGT("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Aerie, please try to be reasonable.~ EXTERN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4.3
+ ~Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)~ + ~[PC] Aerie, please try to be reasonable.~ EXTERN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4.4

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.1
~[GAVIN] (sigh) Yes. Of course.~
END
++ ~[PC] I'll have no more squabbling. We're all on the same side.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.5
++ ~[PC] You owe Aerie an apology.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.6
++ ~[PC] It's been a long day, and we've all had a lot on our minds. Let's just sleep on it.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.7

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.2
~[GAVIN] Coddling her is not going to help.~
END
++ ~[PC] I'll have no more squabbling. We're all on the same side.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.5
++ ~[PC] You owe Aerie an apology.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.8
++ ~[PC] It's been a long day, and we've all had a lot on our minds. Let's just sleep on it~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.7

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4.3
~[AERIE] How can I be reasonable when he attacks me like that?! After everything I've been through, he has no right to yell at me like that.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] She's right, <CHARNAME>, I don't. Listen, it just isn't worth arguing over this. You've got a fine cleric in Aerie, and you don't need a quarrelsome Lathandrite right now.~
= ~[GAVIN] I do not wish to be a source of friction in this company. If you've no objection, I think I will go back to the temple for a while and meditate, or go visit my daughter at the temple of Oghma, if I can interrupt her studies for a while.~
END
+ ~RandomNum(2,1)~ + ~[PC] If that is what you want to do. I will know where to find you.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.9
+ ~RandomNum(2,2)~ + ~[PC] If that is what you want to do. I will know where to find you.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.10
++ ~[PC] No, Gavin, I want you to stay.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.11

CHAIN
IF ~~ THEN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4.4
~[AERIE] How can I be reasonable when he attacks me like that?! After everything I've been through, he has no right to yell at me like that.~
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] When you start basing accusations on whether or not someone is close to his family, it is kind of hard to come to the conclusion that you are being anything other than unreasonable.~
END
++ ~[PC] Gavin, Aerie, that's enough from both of you. I am going to bed. I'll hear no more of this.~ DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
++ ~[PC] Gavin, you're never going to win this one. Just let it be.~ EXTERN ~B!GavJ~ GavAer4.12
++ ~[PC] Aerie, just let it be. Please.~ EXTERN ~AERIEJ~ GavAer4.13

APPEND ~B!GavJ~

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.5
SAY ~[GAVIN] Er, yes, of course... If you'll excuse me, I think I'll just go to bed now.~
IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.6
SAY ~[GAVIN] Would it even mean anything? Never mind. I have swallowed worse things than my pride.~
= ~[GAVIN] Aerie, I am sorry my actions bring back painful memories. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to bed.~
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.7
SAY ~[GAVIN] Most sensible thing I've heard for hours.~
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.8
SAY ~[GAVIN] Like hells I do. Listen, <CHARNAME>, if you want to pamper her, that's your business. I'm going to bed.~
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.9 /* Gavin was going to go to the Temple of Oghma, but now he's going to the temple of Lathander */
SAY ~[GAVIN] Farewell.~
IF ~Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
		SetGlobal("B!GavRomBreak","GLOBAL",1) 
		SetGlobal("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",3) 
		EscapeAreaMove("AR0902",805,1053,10)~ EXIT 
IF ~Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
		SetGlobal("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",2) 
IF ~OR(2) Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",0) 
  Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
END 

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.10 /* Gavin goes to Temple of Lathander */
SAY ~[GAVIN] Farewell.~
IF ~Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
		SetGlobal("B!GavRomBreak","GLOBAL",1) 
IF ~Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",4)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
		SetGlobal("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",2) 
IF ~OR(2) Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",0) 
  Global("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavJoin","GLOBAL",0) 
END 

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.11
SAY ~[GAVIN] If you insist, I will. But I am going to bed. Goodnight.~
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.12
SAY ~[GAVIN] As you wish. Goodnight.~
END
END 

APPEND AERIEJ 

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN GavAer4.13
SAY ~[AERIE] B-but...! Oh! You're as mean as Gavin! I am going to bed!~
END
END 

CHAIN 
IF ~Global("B!GavAerConflict","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ BGavAerApology 
~[GAVIN] I shouldn't have blown up at you, Aerie. It isn't easy to say it, but I'm sorry.~ [bgav206] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAerConflict","GLOBAL",6)~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] Why is it hard to say?~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Because it's the same as admitting I was wrong.~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] Thank you. Why did you do it? B-Blow up, I mean?.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] I get frustrated, sometimes. I say things I shouldn't say.~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] That would mean... you really think that way.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Sometimes... ~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] No, Aerie. I don't. Not really.~ 
== VICONIJ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[VICONIA] Liar.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GAVIN] Shut up, Viconia. You don't know what I'm thinking.~ 
== VICONIJ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[VICONIA] I've heard you muttering.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GAVIN] Everybody grumbles, sometimes. It's nothing more than blowing off steam.~ 
== VICONIJ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[VICONIA] Hmf. You really will say anything to keep the waif happy.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GAVIN] Ignore her, Aerie. She doesn't know what she's talking about.~ 
== AERIEJ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[AERIE] I... I don't know what to think. Are you just patronizing me?~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ IF ~InParty("Viconia") See("Viconia") !StateCheck("Viconia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN ~[GAVIN] No, Aerie, I'm not. I swear.~ 
== AERIEJ ~[AERIE] All right... I believe you.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Thank you.~ 
EXIT 

CHAIN
IF ~
InParty("B!Gavin2")
Global("B!GavAerAdd3","LOCALS",0)
!StateCheck("B!Gavin2",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
CombatCounter(0)
!See([ENEMY])
See("B!Gavin2")
~ THEN BAERIE GavAerAdd3
~[AERIE]I think I know that song.~ [bg_blank] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavAerAdd3","LOCALS",1)~
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN]You jest. No one has ever been able to recognize a tune I'm humming.~ [bgav207] 
== BAERIE ~[AERIE]No, you're completely tone-deaf, I'm sure, but I know that meter.~ 
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN]Now I'm amazed. I didn't mean to, but I was humming a bawdy song I heard in a tavern back in Beregost.~ 
== BAERIE ~[AERIE]Really? It sounded so much like a tune I remembered from my childhood.~ 
== ~BB!Gav~ ~[GAVIN]It's probably hard to tell, the way I hum it.~ 
EXIT

And yes, I don't know what's up with Aerie and Yoshimo, but I do know it isn't Gavin. One of my testers took Aerie along the whole time and the only stutter she had was a vanilla game bug because the reminder to go see Raelis wasn't firing. I personally took Yoshimo through the whole way without a hiccup. Perhaps, as you say, it is the Yoshimo friendship. None of my testers were using it, IIRC.

I fixed the Jan issue myself, but thank you for the quick fix! :)

You're right, it must be that vanilla bug, Aerie probably tried to remind me to meet Raelis, I never went to see her.

Hm, about Mazzy, I've no idea why this is happening, just that it is happening. I also have the Mazzy friendship installed, by the way.

Stranger and stranger, as they say. The "breakfast in high places" banter is only supposed to happen when the party has rested. Does it keep repeating again and again and again, or is it just happening every once in a while?

Back when BG1 Gavin was still in alpha testing, I had a scripted dialogue that repeated against all possibility because another scripted banter was set to fire but could not due to impossible triggers. Is it possible that another mod is telling Mazzy that it's time to say something but there's nothing in her dialogue file to say? When an NPC has player-initiated dialogue, the PID menu keeps popping up over and over, but when the NPC has no PID, you'll get a scripted dialogue at random. Mazzy has no PID.

If you were really curious, you could follow the steps that I outlined for KathStoneDog and use mazzy.bcs instead of minsc.bcs. If a dialogue keeps firing over and over, there's bound to be a script block associated with it. Even if the problem is with some other mod or the vanilla game, I'm sure the information would be useful.

Edited by berelinde

So I used your little mod today. The first time I get the banter between Gavin and Mazzy, block 121 of b!gavs.BCS is running. The second, third etc. time, it's block 122 of b!gavs.BCS that is repeating. I decompiled the .bcs; this is what I got:

IF
 InParty(Myself)
 InParty("Mazzy")  // Mazzy
 PartyRested()
 AreaType(OUTDOOR)
 Global("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",0)
 !StateCheck("Mazzy",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)  // Mazzy
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,98919))  // ~Running block 121 of b!gavs.BCS~
SetGlobal("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF
 InParty(Myself)
 InParty("Mazzy")  // Mazzy
 Global("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",1)
 !StateCheck("Mazzy",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)  // Mazzy
 CombatCounter(0)
 !See([ENEMY])
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,98920))  // ~Running block 122 of b!gavs.BCS~
StartDialogNoSet("Mazzy")
END

Yup. I'm an idiot. It's official. I'm missing a DO in a crucial spot.

I'll update (again...), but you can get that banter to stop looping by typing this into the console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",2)

Or you can wait for the update, which will take half an hour, assuming the cat leaves me alone long enough to do it.