Photo

Alternatives: Bugs? Typos? Report them here.

6 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7227 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Please post any bugs or typos here. Make sure to specifiy the game you are playing (BGII, BGT, BGII:EE, or EET) and which version of the mod (Windows, Mac, Linux).
If possible, please post your WeiDU.log so we can see which other mods were installed.

Edited by jastey, 04 April 2018 - 09:47 PM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7227 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

I moved Roxanne's question about the changed content here.

#3 James M

James M
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

Hi there, thank-you for the very nice mod! I am playing BG2 on Windows, with lots of mods installed as per BWP v.17 by Leonardo Watson, to the best of my ability. I encountered two issues, one with Arledrian and one with AR0328.

1) Arledrian (Gaelan Bayle's house, upstairs) becomes hostile right after poisoning Vulova in his estate (Government District).
Arledrian is not hostile just before we enter Vulova's Estate to give the poison to the Cook.
Worse yet, Arledrian cannot be charmed or dire charmed once he's gone hostile. Is there a Console command I can use to get Arledrian back?
My path is the Paladin path, but the readme says you can still to the first 2 Malficus quests, so I tried them.

2) Renal Bloodscalp and Shadow Thieves are not present in area AR0328 when doing the Paladin quest 1. The area has no enemies or NPC's.

What magical loot am I missing out on? The containers are reset and there is a chest in that area that seems to require a key? Is there a Console command I can use to get the key to the chest?

The good news is I could complete Paladin quest 1. I started Alternatives after finalizing Renal's quest (kill Mae'Var) in area AR0306, and I did not accept the Thieves' Stronghold.

Thanks!

Weidu log:

Spoiler

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7227 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Thank you for the reports! In the next version, Aledrian will have the same hostile triggers as Gaelan. The one for the Maleficus' path was wrong. I don't know any way of turning a hostile creature non-hostile via cheats, though.

Also, in the next version there will be hostile Shadow Thieves in the guild when attacking. Renal won't be there, though, as he is also not present for the original Bodhi path. The only item of note that you missed from enemies is a Mage Robe of Fire Resistance (CLCK10.itm) one of the thieves wore.

The locked chest requires the key the PC would get when working for the Shadow Thieves. I am not sure why it would be used here as you never get this key when going this path. There is an item inside that chest which doesn't make sense, either (I don't think the player is supposed to see this). The mod is using the same area as for the Bodhi route, so it's like original content I don't feel responsible for... See it like this: it's the thieves' guild, so it's not unrealistic they have one chest the player can't open. ;)

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6543 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

... I don't know any way of turning a hostile creature non-hostile via cheats, though.

Easy, just have the cheatkeys enabled and Ctrl + Q while the cursor is over the hostile creature. Yes, the cheature joins the party... making it non-hostile, and then kick out, which will make it neutral... without too many scripts controlling it. :devlook:

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7227 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

Jarno: Ok - I didn't know that.

New version 13.3 is out.

Changes are:

• Added check variable in case Malficus offer is turned down [Global("B!RefusedAlternaMal","GLOBAL",1)]
  • Malficus path: if revealing the plot against Harbormaster Nador to Inspector Brega, the dialogue will loop back if the PC calls a witness Brega doesn't accept until the PC choses a trustworthy witness or gives another reply.
  • Assistant Harbormaster Ballas: changed IsGabber(Player1) to InMyArea(Player1) to prevent confusion wbout "Why didn't he talk to my group".
  • Aledrian's hostile triggers adjusted - they are the same ones as Gaelan's now and he shouldn't turn hostile before the PC committed fully to Malficus' (or Aster's) path
  • If PC attacks Thieves' Guild there will be hostile thieves now in Renal's level (not Renal, though)
  • Installer updated to WeiDU v244

Edited by jastey, 04 April 2018 - 09:48 PM.

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• Modders
  • 2041 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

Disregard...I mixed up Alternatives with Assassinations...idiot me.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users