Drgon Disciple & Sorcerer learnable spells number

kreso

Is there a .2da file or something that governs how many spells you get to choose from and at which level for sorcerer-type spellcasters? What I want to do is give DDs +2 spells per day (that's the easy part) but 2 less spells available for learning. Possible? If yes, what needs to be modified?

Yeah...

Possible? If yes, what needs to be modified?

like you can probably see from the table, it's not possible to differentiate the two the way you want them. You can apply spells per rest bonuses and penalties... but you can't do anything about the amount of spells they learn.

The spells per rest is dictated by the mxsplwiz.2da file, the same that does for all the wizard(mage, sorcerer and their kit)s, and possibly the kit abilities that they get from their clab***.2da file.

spells per day

That saying is totally misleading, as if the group would sleep 3 times per day, the bonus is +3, not +1.

Hour-4, cast spells, then sleep from 4-12, cast spells, then sleep from 12-20, cast spells, then sleep from 20-...plusminus a few hours.

You can set the number of learnable spells to zero and shift to a dialog-based spell learning system, the way Aquadrizzt does in Tome & Blood. That opens up all sorts of other possibilities, like having unique sets of spells available for different kits.

What might be worth doing is to standardize the system Aquadrizzt created, so other mods could install it, or hook into it if it's already installed, and the results would be expectable and cross-mod compatible.

...ou can set the number of learnable spells to zero...

No. Well yeah, you can cheese the whole game and should you wish to... but realistically, you SHOULD NEVER DO SO.

Now then, if you want to... you can make a kit that has this by some other way, like for example setting the normal spells to zero by a heavy penalty to the normal spells, and then adding the dialog system to the kitted char... and no one else.

This way it's completely crossmod compatible without a fucking up anyone elses game.

Jarno, for someone who frequents modding forums, you spend a lot of time telling people how NOT to mod the game...

Well you are happy to know that I'll also suggest that you should put the minhp1.itm file to all the hostile .cre file just for funsies. You are welcome.

The fact that you do not understand that people might just do a bit more than install one mod at a time and still play the game without an outrageously incompatible features is just ... that's like making a divine remix and askingcommand every mod maker to accept the table as is, and say that you can have a compatible x if you have sex ...

I have 100 mods installed, and TnB is compatible with all of them. I mean yeah, it's probably incompatible with the Geomantic Sorcerer (which I don't like anyway), but not much else.

Every single mod is incompatible with some other mod. It's the nature of the beast. You have to make some choices, it's not the end of the world. You can even (*gasp*) change those choices every once in a while, to try something new.

Plus, I did suggest standardizing the system, so kreso could get what he wants in a way that all mods can be compatible with...

Now skedaddle, you puritan.

I'll check out T&B to see what happens there - I actually wanted to install it already but it's not yet EET compatible.

I'm playing with a DD that can cast 2 more spells per day but is limited to ever knowing only 3 spells per level; and does 30% more fire damage + can use breath attack 1x/3 levels :D . Too bad that I can't take a sorcerer along; since he'd be limited in spell selection as well...

I don't think TnB has specifically addressed EET compatibility... but on the other hand I can't think of any part of it that needs to specifically address EET compatibility. I wrote about 1/3 of the components, and I'm pretty sure they are all game-independent. Aquadrizzt's stuff is mostly kits and tweaks as well, so most or all of it should work fine.

Actually, I think it just needs "EET" to be added to the GAME_IS predicate statements in the .tp2:

https://github.com/aquadrizzt/TomeAndBlood/blob/master/TomeAndBlood/SetUp-TomeAndBlood.tp2

Actually, I think it just needs "EET" to be added to the GAME_IS predicate statements in the .tp2:

https://github.com/aquadrizzt/TomeAndBlood/blob/master/TomeAndBlood/SetUp-TomeAndBlood.tp2

The subcomponent .tpa files need them too... as they need to apply the INCLUDE ...fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~ files too to the EET.

So just a few dozen additional patches ... example of a line that needs to be patched

Archived