Game Crashes

Guest Grasida

Guest Grasida

After I bring all the components to whatever-his-name-is in the copper coronet, we go outside to talk to his employer and he runs off, a new area starts to load, but the game crashes. The error I get is:

"An assertion failed in infinity.cpp at line number 1889. Programmer says Tile-set G3G12B not found."

I am running v4 on mac os x. I have installed the following mods:

Ascension

The NPC kit mod

Oversight

Unfinished Business

BG2 tweakpack

BG2 fixpack

Item Upgrade

and a kit that I created for myself, which shouldn't affect tilesets in any way.

Do you have any idea what's going on and what I can do to fix it? I love the mod so far, by the way, but it's painful to not see the end after all that hard work.

Well, the most obvious thing that comes to my mind is a corrupted install. I'm not entirely sure how the thing works on a mac, but you could try to repair the install (using the same methods as you did to install in the first place) and see if that helps.

If not, your original download might have been corrupted. Try downloading it again from a different mirror and see if repairing the install with that version adds the tilesets.

Guest Grasida

I've tried both of those things, but neither of them works. Could I try to manually copy the tileset into my override folder? If so, what is the file extension for a tileset?

I'm not sure about a tileset file extension as such, but there should be a G3G12B.ARE and a G3G12B.WED file available. See if copying those over works.

EDIT: See Nythrun's post below. Shows how much I have to learn yet...

Tilesets use the .tis extention, and are usually shipped in a compressed form which uses the .tiz extention.

It sounds to me as though the script that was supposed to run tisunpack.exe (which converts the compressed .tiz files into .tis files the game can use) didn't run for whatever reason.

You should be able to run tisunpack manually on g3g12b.tiz and get a decompressed file that you can drop in the override folder - the game won't be able to run that portion of the mod without it.

Guest Grasida
Tilesets use the .tis extention, and are usually shipped in a compressed form which uses the .tiz extention.

It sounds to me as though the script that was supposed to run tisunpack.exe (which converts the compressed .tiz files into .tis files the game can use) didn't run for whatever reason.

You should be able to run tisunpack manually on g3g12b.tiz and get a decompressed file that you can drop in the override folder - the game won't be able to run that portion of the mod without it.

I think that this is exactly what happened. When I try to run the installer I get a permission denied error about running tisunpack. Of course, I probably should have mentioned that right away, but I forgot about it. Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to play for a little while, so I won't be able to test this solution immediately. Thanks for all your help though.

Archived