DSotSC v3.0 beta bugs

Roxanne

DSotSC in EET

DSSkeez and all his variations have Allegiance PC-2, Default Skript DPlayer3

Means he is designated as party member and runs across the Carneval BG4900 to give you a default leaving dialogue. I say goodbye and he leaves into nowhere (I take it as a nice feature to get rid of him - but I think it is considered a bug by some others).

hmm, not sure about Keiria. She greeted me with "Well met travelers, my name is Keiria Silverstring. Would ye be looking for the company of a bard on your travels. (...)" So everything looks fine on the first look.

she comes up to the PC to say goodbye

How to trigger it? Can you reproduce it by starting new game and teleporting there?

she has a (empty) script file assigned

this is normal. DSotSC NPCs are so simplistic that most of them don't have any code in override script. Unique script is still assigned so other mods can add stuff there.

hmm, not sure about Keiria. She greeted me with "Well met travelers, my name is Keiria Silverstring. Would ye be looking for the company of a bard on your travels. (...)" So everything looks fine on the first look.

she comes up to the PC to say goodbye

How to trigger it? Can you reproduce it by starting new game and teleporting there?

she has a (empty) script file assigned

this is normal. DSotSC NPCs are so simplistic that most of them don't have any code in override script. Unique script is still assigned so other mods can add stuff there.

It is strange - new game and teleporting there works - she greets me according to script and dialogue. Maybe that in the first case the Skeezer meeting had set some global they have in common?

Because in the first case, I entered the area normal . for the first time coming from Nashkel. Skeezer came running to me when I neared the tents - shortly thereafter Keiria with the exact same dialogue. Only difference Skeezer did EscapeArea() while Keira stood where I left her and would have been recruitable - even not with her personal dialog but with the default.

probably related to the fact that engine interpreted Skeezer as a kicked out PC multiplayer character (normally he shouldn't even approach you, like Keiria) and than everything went crazy when Keiria started to chase you at the same time for her initial dialogue. Github updated. Once again thanks for report. Let me know if you notice any other oddities with DSotSC.

don't worry, this release is not related to BG:EE version that is based on vanilla BG1 DSotSC, so bugs like the linked one are not present. In fact I've made quite a few changes to make the mod less intrusive for vanilla content (things like spells, more spawns etc. are now optional components)

v3 is update for BGT version, just with EET support (of course BGT is still supported), items and NPC rebalancing (still not finished), bugfixes and tp2 code improvements.

Congratulations!

I finished DSotSC playthrough in EET.

No issues, no bugs, everything went fine from initial intro screen until loss of the Drow items when leaving the caves.

It appears that many of the bugs that were haunting the mod in BGT-context came from other mods.

Just some remarks for improvement

- Journal entries are missing (but I understand they are under construction still)

- the vampires in the Castle quest use the vanille vampire script, which is a bad joke by itself (when you hit them once they turn to gas form and flee - never to return), I have assigned them the old BPVamp01,bcs for my game which fits well at this level of the game.

- The NPCs not really related to to the quest mod itself (i.e. all except Jet'Laya, DSCucho, DSFerth, DSConcho and DSBardo) should be made optional install - they no longer fit into the EET interactive NPC world anymore.

In this form DSotSC, even if it is an old mega-mod, is worth to be kept for EET, thank you for it.

- Journal entries are missing (but I understand they are under construction still)

the problem with this is that this mod has been design for BG1 that didn't have proper journal and no one ever updated it to support BG2 journal system. Quest journal entries simply don't exist. D files only contains JOURNAL command and weidu commands like SOLVED_JOURNAL / UNSOLVED_JOURNAL as well as scripted actions like AddJournalEntry(@,QUEST) / SetQuestDone(I:STRREF*) / EraseJournalEntry(I:STRREF*) are not present in code at all. There are some entries added to the "journal" tab and that's all. I don't know this mod enough to know what should be treated as quest and what is just normal journal entry, and even if I did, that would require rewriting and/or adding new TRA strings. Not exactly something I'm interested in doing.

In other words the mod has never been really updated to work properly with BG2 engine. Even BG:EE version don't have quest journal support. Unless there is someone who would be interested in doing so DSotSC journal system will stay as it is.

the problem with this is that this mod has been design for BG1 that didn't have proper journal and no one ever updated it to support BG2 journal. Quest journal entries simply don't exist. D files only contains JOURNAL command and weidu commands like SOLVED_JOURNAL / UNSOLVED_JOURNAL as well as scripted actions like AddJournalEntry(@,QUEST) / SetQuestDone(I:STRREF*) / EraseJournalEntry(I:STRREF*) are not present in code at all. There are some entries added to the user journal and that's all. I don't know this mod enough to know what should be treated as quest, and even if I did, proper entries don't exist in TRA files, so they had to be written from scratch. Not exactly something I'm interested in doing.

In other words the mod has never been really updated to work properly with BG2 engine. Even BG:EE version don't have quest journal support. Unless there is someone who would be interested in doing so DSotSC journal system will stay as it is.

I would say, it is cosmetic - the quests are straight forward and probably few people would need to revert to it. Just at some point you get *Your journal has been updated* messages when there is no such update, that is all.

I would say, it is cosmetic - the quests are straight forward and probably few people would need to revert to it. Just at some point you get *Your journal has been updated* messages when there is no such update, that is all.

there is update (or at least there should be unless I'm missing something). Just not in quest journal section but "journal" tab:

http://i.imgur.com/d76Q6Bc.jpg

Please let me know if they don't show up there.

there is update (or at least there should be unless I'm missing something). Just not in quest journal section but "journal" tab:

http://i.imgur.com/d76Q6Bc.jpg

Please let me know if they don't show up there.

Yes, they are there. It seems I was simply expecting them to be under quests...but in hindsight I remember that some of the very old mods worked this way, I believe Northern Tales does it the same way and Bone Hill as well.With a *new* game you just start to see such things in a new light, it seems.

NTotSC and Bonehill use SOLVED_JOURNAL / UNSOLVED_JOURNAL, so no problem there. They just need ADD_JOURNAL weidu command to be used with those strings in EE engine. DSotSC is the only mod I'm aware of that has never been updated to support quest journal entries.

Archived