First draft. Less to talk about here. PC gets stronghold. Aran genially asks about it. Complications ensue.

1. multi-stronghold folks vs re-classing Aran vs. stock responses.

2. easter egg for having all strongholds.

3. time. This sample took hours to create and runs three lines [A] > [PC] > [A] in-game.

note to self - look up triggers for thieves guild and recheck vs Blucher's and aVENGER (RR)'s expanded guild content, for .bcs operation.

note to self - steal berelinde's .bcs blocks for Gavin that tip off stronghold ownership, modify to Aran's dv and the given LOCALS values placed here, and claim as own brilliant idea thus winning fame, worldwide acclaim, and the millions of dollars such an act will bring my way.

note to self - must not play clip of Morodin singing or go into Research Lab on Normandy 2. Must not play ME2. Too many similarities. Must evaluate code, test weidu functionality, choose pathways for progression of ToB talks... too much to do. Too little time. Salarian brain equipped for tasks, but need Krogon stamina to complete. Must talk to Shepherd about creating new

[PARAGON ACTION HERE]

Must post and shut down computer.

/* Gaining Stronghold Responses : set from .bcs */
/* 1 possible if played without mods, 2 or 3 for multiclass PC's with mods, all of them if one of the multi-stronghold tweaks are installed */

IF ~Global("c-arants","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1502
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, <CHARNAME>, you done got yourself a nice little operation to run. Gamblin', prostitution, light theft, "protection", spyin', an' a cute little trainin' program to boot. Question is, what are you goin' to do with it.~
 ++ ~[PC] Anything I want.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1503 /* c-anythingiwant */
 ++ ~[PC] Whatever serves the greater good.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1504 /* c-whateverservesgood */
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Are you jealous? After all, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1505 /* c-tieddown */
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1506 /* c-takescoin */
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations and an income stream, but I hear that there is only one way out of the Guild, and it involves me having a minor accident.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1507 /* c-minoraccident */
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1508 /* c-strongarmthem */
 ++ ~[PC] I know this is not the most honest, upright way of doing things. But right now we need the resources, and shutting this all down puts people at risk of far worse owners.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arants","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranrs","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1470
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up base camp. I don't rightly know what a Ranger territory means, though, really. Anythin' special we got to do?~
 ++ ~[PC] Just do what I tell you to, when I tell you to, and everything will be fine.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1479
 ++ ~[PC] Whatever serves the greatest good for the greatest number of our charges.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1480
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1488
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations and an income stream, but I know that helping protect a wide territory is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 +~!Class(Player1,RANGER_ALL)~+ ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need the resources, and these people need someone to look after them.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranrs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranps","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1471
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up a base. Th' Order's back room there be plain, but clean an' secure. I don't rightly know what they will do to me, on account o' my language bein' so rough, though. Any words o' advice?~
 ++ ~[PC] We do what the Order says, when it asks. Until then, we take advantage of the stability they offer.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1482
 ++ ~[PC] Whatever serves the greatest good.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1483
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering information. That might make a useful addition to the Order, and secure our relationship with them.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1488
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations, but I know that helping the Order is a great deal of work and returns very little coin.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,PALADIN_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need the backup, and having the backing of the Order will allow us more freedom to operate.~ ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranms","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1472
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us an odd place to set up base camp. I don't rightly know if wanderin' 'round the Planes be a good idea. Seems like we got enough trouble right here on Faerun.~  
 ++ ~[PC] We do whatever I want to do, and use the Sphere to accomplish those goals.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1484
 ++ ~[PC] We will do whatever serves the greatest good for the most people.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1485
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1498
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations, but I know that managing apprentices and dealing with the Sphere will be a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need all the resources we can get, and this is too important an object to be left lying around unused.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranms","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranfs","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1473
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up permanent. Bein' a landlord has some advantages, too, with that coin comin' in. I don't suppose we can call up an army as well as use th' Keep as a home, eh?~  
 ++ ~[PC] We will have to investigate that. At the very least, we might be able to gather some idiots who will be useful spell-fodder and distractions before they die.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1486
 ++ ~[PC] We will do whatever serves the greatest good for the most people who are tied to this Keep and its lands.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1480
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down. You could investigate the books and see what might be possible.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] No armies. I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components. It takes much, much more coin to build an army, even a conscripted one.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations and an income stream, but I know that helping protect a wide territory is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need the backup, and having a fortress and tenants allows us more freedom to operate.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranfs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-arands","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1474
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up base camp. I don't rightly know what a Druid territory means, though, really. Anythin' special we got to do?~  
 ++ ~[PC] I use it to further my goals. You use it however I choose to let you.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1484
 ++ ~[PC] We do whatever serves the entire Grove's creatures best.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. Nature is a harsh mistress, and protecting this place will take a great deal of focus and attention.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations, but I know that helping protect a wide territory is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,DRUID_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need the backup, and having nature on our side could have huge advantages.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arands","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-arancs","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1475
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a secure place to set up a base camp, complete wi' the protection o' a god. Anythin' special we got to do?~  
 ++ ~[PC] Whatever we can get away with.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1484
 ++ ~[PC] Whatever serves the Temple.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1480
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1488
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. There is more here than ways to keep you in quills and parchment.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations, but I know that being involved in a Temple is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2)  RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need the backup, and having the backing of the Temple will allow us more freedom to operate.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-arancs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranbs","LOCALS",1) Gender(Player1(MALE)~ THEN BEGIN a1476
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up base camp. I don't rightly know much about playwritin', but you want help wi' the castin' couch, you just let me know. ~  
 ++ ~[PC] We do whatever it takes to increase my fame and fortune.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1492
 ++ ~[PC] We do our best to keep these people employed and helping lift spirits. These are dangerous, horrible times for most people, and they need good entertainment.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1493
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations and an income stream, but I know that managing a successful Theater is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  if something stands between you and your goal, whack it with something until it goes away.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need resources, and having the Theater will allow us more freedom to operate.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

IF ~Global("c-aranbs","LOCALS",1) Gender(Player1(FEMALE)~ THEN BEGIN a1477
SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you done got us a nice place to set up base camp. I don't rightly know much about playwritin', but I do decent copywork. I think I done told you that before. How can I help?~  
 ++ ~[PC] This sudden offer to help would not be because some of the ingénues are pretty little redheads with wide, innocent eyes and low cut dresses, would it?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1494
 ++ ~[PC] I think I can handle a theater company. After all of the dangerous beasts we have clobbered, how hard could handling a group of stage musicians, actors, and suppliers possibly be?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1495
 ++ ~[PC] It's good to know you are paying attention to our progress, Aran. Your scrivening will be useful handling all this. But stick to weaponry and contracts, and let me handle management.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1481
 + ~Class("c-aran",THIEF_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, you have some minor skills in gathering either information or whatever is not tied down. Strike that. Especially things that are tied down.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1489
 + ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487
 + ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations and an income stream, but I know that managing a successful Theater is a great deal of work.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1490
 + ~Class("c-aran",FIGHTER_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  if something stands between you and your goal, whack it with something until it goes away.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2)~ + a1491
 + ~!Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I know this is not really what I spent my life training for. But right now we need resources, and having the Theater will allow us more freedom to operate.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1509 /* c-rightboss */
END

/* Easter Egg for Multi-stronghold folks who get all strongholds at once */
IF ~Global("c-aranas","LOCALS",1)~ THEN BEGIN a1478 SAY ~[ARAN] Denir's Dextrous Digits, I am goin' crazy. What wi' all o' these strongholds to maintain, there be so much paperwork that I be usin' potions o' healin' on th' paper cuts. An' some idiot decided it were unkind to kill animals an' trees to use for buildin' parchment an' vellum, so now I have that ranger cabin an' druid grove on verbal contract.~
 = ~[ARAN] That senchal at th' Keep be whinin' about taxes not addin' up, th' Thieves Guild dues we paid twice on account o' "clerical error", an' somehow those bloody apprentices wanted spell components similar to the temple's order so th' order components got cross-shipped. Don't rightly know how more messed up this can get.~  
 = ~[ARAN] Hey, find me somethin' to kill, eh? I am shut o' paperwork for a good while. Or mayhap get me a nice personal assistant, what can keep up with th' filin'.~
 ++ ~[PC] You asked to help, remember? Don't come crying to me now.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranas","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1496
 ++ ~[PC] You have done a good job, and you will get through this. Just clear your head, take a day or two off, and then focus on getting things back in order.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranas","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1497
 ++ ~[PC] If you can't handle it, we will find someone else to do the job.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranas","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1510
END

IF ~~ a1479
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right, then. Note to self... don't mess wi' a ranger and <PRO_HISHER> territory, on account o' they will be right snippy about it. I will be goin' about my business, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1480
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right nice o' you, all things considered. Me, I'd be wonderin' how to get someone extra hired on, makin' sure your wishes got done while you be runnin' about Faerun huntin' mad mages and miscellaneous mischievous maniacs. But that be me, always thinkin' an' talkin' way too much.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1481
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look, it will turn out fine for you, no matter what. Just a bit o' occasional paperwork, some meetin's, an' mayhap some decisions to make later on, eh? We get a base o' operations, mayhap some coin, an' who knows what else. Worst comes to worst, we walk away clean and let fate take a hand.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1482
 SAY ~[ARAN] Takin' advantage o' the Order o' the Radiant Heart sounds right smart. It be up there among th' top "smart" things to do, alongside rippin' the mask off a Lord o' Neverwinter, crossin' the Shadow Thieves, takin' a piss on a Dryad's oak, an' havin' wild sex wi' random dragons.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1483
 SAY ~[ARAN] Sounds just like those wet-behind-the-ears recruit squires I seen cleanin' privys. The Order's goin' to like havin' us around right fine.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1484
 SAY ~[ARAN] Was this th' part where we break into low evil chuckles, followed by increasin'ly disturbin' laughter, followed by a thunderclap an' some ominous music?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1485
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I surely don't know what wanderin' around in a glorified fishbowl randomly crushin' parts o ' towns will do for th' greater good, but it sure will be fun tryin' not to smash the thing up on th' landin's. At the very least, it ought to be good for a laugh or two.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1486
 SAY ~[ARAN] Auril's Icy Aura, remind me not to piss you off, eh? I have heard o' cold, but th' last bastards what went for those tactics were Iron Throne.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1487
 SAY ~[ARAN] Savras' Foresight, I understand right fine. An' I bet it will be a mite useful to have this place. Tell you what, you find soemthin' I can do wi' my little quill, an' I will help out.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1488
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I'll give it a shot. Somehow, I just hope they don't ask too many questions on how I get th' information or th' resources. Could be just a mite ticklish, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1489
 SAY ~[ARAN] Savras' Foresight, forewarned be forearmed, or somethin' like that. Runnin' this place will take information, good record keepin' an' an eye for detail. I be just th' right man for th' job. Now, where do they keep th' strong drink around here? I'll be wantin' to take a right good inventory...~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1490
 SAY ~[ARAN] I'm right on th' prayer angle, <CHARNAME>. But if you were afraid o' a little bit o' hard work, well... you'd be dead, an' some blighted arse would be makin' life hell for me by sendin' out waves o' murderin' bastards to set up bathtubs o' blood for a nice afternoon wash. So, all things considered, a little paperwork an' a few decisions be a small price to pay.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1491
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, do I get royalties on that? On account o' I think most of the sly bastards we be fightin' seem to have th' same idea. Well, except for th' ones who give some long monologue about how they be the baddest arseholes around, an' we will be sorry we tangled wi' 'em. Poor sods.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1492
 SAY ~[ARAN] Now, don't you be gettin' all star an' stage struck, <CHARNAME>. Next thing you know, you'll be dumpin' all your gold into a massive production of 'Lyra, the Masked Lady of Destiny; a Love Story In Three Acts', fendin' off demands from th' Actor's Guild an' th' Stage Workers Union. Worse, you might have to be dealin' with publicity agents.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1493
 SAY ~[ARAN] Good entertainment? You be kiddin' me, right? The average person out there be more interested in watchin' th' drama o' whose daughter slept wi' whom, an' how many gibberlin's a man can be run overby in an hour. Hey... that's not bad. Mayhap we got a new show, cheap to produce. Sell tickets, then put a group o' commoners out in a field armed wi' butter knives, an' send in a wave o' gibberlin's. We could call it "Survivor: Athalka".~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1494
 SAY ~[ARAN] Sharess' Sensual Caress, what ever put that fool idea into your head? Now, if you just send 'em over to me, I'll draw up a list o' measurements, an' such. Costumes don't rightly sew themselves into proper fit, you know. Busy, busy time. Knock before you enter th' wardrobe room, eh?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1495
 SAY ~[ARAN] Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, you never did no community theater productions, I take it.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1496
 SAY ~[ARAN] Sure, sure... kick a man when he be down. Right. I can fix it up. You go on conquerin' Faerun, an' I'll just be in th' back, sortin' out supply requisitions.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1497
 SAY ~[ARAN] Right you are. Tymora's Bright Smile, I done had worse troubles to iron out, like that time th' 'Fist accidentally took a contract for both protectin' an' sackin' the same fiefdom. No worries. I will take a breather, an' get back on it as soon as my head clears.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1498
 SAY ~[ARAN] Hey, I studied enough magic to know how important that blighted Gond-Meets-Mystrul-an'-Mystra construct be. I just don't rightly see how you are goin' to be able to leverage it against th' bastards we are fightin' right now. You can't hide in an' among th' Planes when your opponents have eyes everywhere, an' when we don't know where they are, we can't just drop in unannounced. But I guess you be right. It is a damned fine place to take a nap, at least.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* Romantic Encounters: Valygar item */
IF ~~ a1499  
 SAY ~[ARAN] That be a right fine piece o' jewelry you be wearin', <CHARNAME>. Now, where did you get it, eh?~
 IF ~InParty("valygar")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aljewelv","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO a1500
 IF ~!InParty("valygar")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("c-aljewelv","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO a1501  
END

IF ~~ a1500
 SAY ~[ARAN] Valygar seems to like it right fine, too. At least, he has an eye out for it when it be on you.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1501
 SAY ~[ARAN] I just never did see when you got it, or where, or why. But it suits you right well, it does. Hey, why th' red face?~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-anythingiwant */  
IF ~~ a1503
 SAY ~[ARAN] Bane's Broken Bones, you be a right strong <PROMANWOMAN>. Got it. I'll set to checkin' how we can raise coin out o' this here operation right quick.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-whateverservesgood */
IF ~~ a1504
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, you be powerful enough to use it as a tool for whatever you want to accomplish, eh? Have someone send over th' contracts an' paperwork, an' I'll get right on seein' what be what.~  
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-tieddown */
IF ~~ a1505
 SAY ~[ARAN] Jealous? Sons o' th' Seldarine, what gave you that bloody idea? I don't want no target on my back, an' all those decisions. Hells, if I wanted that, I would have struck out on my own and built my own little mercenary company! There be enough hassles just bein' on staff, let alone runnin' th' show!~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-takescoin */
IF ~~ a1506
 SAY ~[ARAN] Ubtao's Great Beginnin', I understand right fine. I don't question the decision, I just wanted to know what you be wantin' to do. When you take charge o' somethin' there always be paperwork. That's where havin' me along comes in right handy, eh?~  
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-minoraccident */
IF ~~ a1507
 SAY ~[ARAN] Velsharoon's Vicious Vampires, I'll be sayin' more than a prayer or two. Those "minor accidents" usually come in th' form o' stabbin' yourself while ingestin' poison, havin' tied yourself to a chair, an' fallin' out a third story window two or mayhap three times.~  
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-strongarmthem */
IF ~~ a1508
 SAY ~[ARAN] Well, I have your sword arm to back me up. Sometimes, a little subtle action is useful. Other times, the situation calls for the trademark "Whitehand Technique"...  kill anything that moves, and then resurrect anyone who we did not mean to kill.~  
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

/* c-rightboss */
IF ~~ a1509
 SAY ~[ARAN] Look, <CHARNAME> you don't owe me no reasons. I just thought I should kick in wi' handlin' the paperwork, is all.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ a1510
 SAY ~[ARAN] Good. Talona's Mericless Poisons, I thought handlin' a trade coster or a mercenary regiment was tough. This... well, let's just say I'd rather you strip me down an' send me arse first into a nest o' kobolds.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

edit: ok, i have a favorite. i don't usually, but this time, I do. So it probably is rechanneled from some other work, because it cracked me up, which means it probably is some line from SportsNight, West Wing, StarGate:all of them, StarTrek:all of them, Burn Notice, The Mentalist, Monk, Psyche, Remington Steele, Moonlighting, or another snappy banter show that has bouncing around in my head for years:

++ ~[PC] I think I can handle a theater company. After all of the dangerous beasts we have clobbered, how hard could handling a group of stage musicians, actors, and suppliers possibly be?~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranbs","LOCALS",2) RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1495

IF ~~ a1495
 SAY ~[ARAN] Waukeen's Wanderin' Worshipers, you never did no community theater productions, I take it.~
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

3. time. This sample took hours to create and runs three lines [A] > [PC] > [A] in-game.
You'd be amazed how many people don't know that.

Then it means the low speed I can produce content at is not due to me being a feebleminded moron. Thank you guys, that's a great relief :)

Or maybe that's just a lack of practice. Back then I was slow to code in Weidu as well, whereas now it's like just typing a post.

Just a minor quibble here.

+ ~Class("c-aran",MAGE_ALL)~ + ~[PC] I am not sure you would understand, all wrapped up in your books and scribing. It takes coin to keep you in quills, parchment, and spell components.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2)

This pc response seems odd for the Radiant Heart stronghold.

RealSetGlobalTimer("c-aranstrong","GLOBAL",180)~ + a1487

+ ~Class("c-aran",CLERIC_ALL)~ + ~[PC] Say a prayer or two for me. I want this as a base of operations, but I know that helping the Order is a great deal of work and returns very little coin.~ DO ~SetGlobal("c-aranps","LOCALS",2)

The lack of income has been addressed with the cleric response, but not with the mage one.

= ~[ARAN] That senchal at th' Keep be whinin' about taxes not addin' up, th' Thieves Guild dues we paid twice on account o' "clerical error", an' somehow those bloody apprentices wanted spell components similar to the temple's order so th' order components got cross-shipped. Don't rightly know how more messed up this can get.~

"seneschal"

IF ~~ a1487

SAY ~[ARAN] Savras' Foresight, I understand right fine. An' I bet it will be a mite useful to have this place. Tell you what, you find soemthin' I can do wi' my little quill, an' I will help out.~

"somethin'"

must resist commenting on "little quill" description.....resist....resist....*whew* :)

IF ~~ a1493

SAY ~[ARAN] Good entertainment? You be kiddin' me, right? The average person out there be more interested in watchin' th' drama o' whose daughter slept wi' whom, an' how many gibberlin's a man can be run overby in an hour. Hey... that's not bad. Mayhap we got a new show, cheap to produce. Sell tickets, then put a group o' commoners out in a field armed wi' butter knives, an' send in a wave o' gibberlin's. We could call it "Survivor: Athalka".~

"Athkatla"

IF ~~ a1510

SAY ~[ARAN] Good. Talona's Mericless Poisons, I thought handlin' a trade coster or a mercenary regiment was tough. This... well, let's just say I'd rather you strip me down an' send me arse first into a nest o' kobolds.~

"Merciless"

Also, great mental image there. I think I now need to scrub my brain. :p

IF ~~ a1510

"Merciless"

Also, great mental image there. I think I now need to scrub my brain. :)

ITYM coaster.

Archived