about ekresspy

bowbow99

I think I found a little issue related to ekresspy.

the issue is, when party enter some area, protagonist "slip" away like when releasing familiar, and anyone can't walk through where protagonist was like an invisible creature has spawned and stay there. as result, party member who appear behind protagonist get stuck inside door or back of narrow road etc.

I found:

- this 'spawning' start after one of my party member get 100+ elemental (fire, or whatever) resistance.

- there is a Non-player character named "ekresspy" who running script EKRESRES.BCS. the script seems check and fixing character's resistances.

- in BALDUR.BCS, there is a block that bring ekresspy to active area if he isn't. this is done by action MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen().

I suppose MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen should bring a creature (object, ekresspy in this case) to somewhere outside of screen, but sometimes it fails to do so and bring it to where the target is.

I also found Widescreen mod affecting this MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen. uninstalling it would solve the issue in some cases, but not completelly.

sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I want to tell.

Could you give an example of an area where you get this problem? I have a few ideas, I'll experiment a bit.

I checked some old save games, just for now.

with Widescreen mod, in 1680x1050 resolution:

- from Docks district (AR0300) to Harper hold (AR0308)

- from Underdark cavern (AR2100) to Ust'Natha (AR2200)

- from Windspear Hills (AR1200) to Windspear dungeon (AR1201)

Without Widescreen mod, in 800x600 resolution:

- from "The Harpist's House" (AR2811) to Saldanessellar (AR2800)

Guest smercurio

I have also encountered this problem. I got around it by commenting out the line in baldur.bcs that calls MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen. I know this isn't the correct solution, but it was driving me crazy.

I have also created a message in the Big World Project thread in case others also encounter this issue.

Fair enough as a hack. It'll cause you to be invulnerable or even healed by some type of damage when your resistance goes over 100, which is quite possible.

Still no time to look at it. One of these days...

Unfortunately, it seems that this issue is still present.

Frequently, when leaving buildings (mostly shops), one party member (mostly the pc) gets shoved aside by this invisible creature "ekresspy" and after that, that party member can only leave the doorway by using CTRL-J. This is getting annoying.

As a test, I deleted the relevant blocks of BALDUR.BCS and made the creature destroy itself. I still had occasional problems with being stuck in doorways but not as frequently as before.

Also, there was a saved game at some time when I didn't have this creature present at all (guessed from the fact EKRESRES.BCS wasn't running). If this thing isn't needed all of the time, why doesn't it destroy itself if not needed? I don't know if NoAction() can contribute to a slowdown of the game, but I discovered it when analysing a slowdown problem (caused by something else).

Next problem:

While trying to find out if this script affected my game's speed, I tried to make ekresspy destroy itself without deleting the BALDUR.BCS code, with the result that it was immediately created anew, but as far as I can see no party member had any high resistances. If its first appearance is triggered by anyone having a high damage resistance, why doesn't it stay dead?

This is a newly installed BWP game with every mod downloaded manually about two weeks ago, so my version of FP should be current.

Edit:

I've noticed that the currect version is still V2, so no surprise that this hasn't been fixed. Any idea when the next version will come out? Won't help me, though - I'd rather not start a new game for some time. I'll use the "fix" abovethread and will contend with the occasional resistance problem.

I've noticed that the currect version is still V2, so no surprise that this hasn't been fixed. Any idea when the next version will come out? Won't help me, though - I'd rather not start a new game for some time. I'll use the "fix" abovethread and will contend with the occasional resistance problem.

Fixed in v3 beta, see pinned topic. Please test.

Archived