Photo

Bug reports in v30

464 replies to this topic

#16 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2627 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

I'm not sure but maybe there's a conflict between SCS and Tobex.

For serious?? Man I hope that's not true. Tobex is essential to me, incompatibility here would probably boot SCS right out of my modlist...

Nah, SCS would install Tobex if it wasn't present already. The install order is utterly busted; there's no fixing that weidu log. Reinstall.

#17 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2164 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

Ha ha, was I being too polite? :p

(and the load order is less-than perfect, so lots of possible conflicts.)

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#18 Dakk

Dakk
  • Modders
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

For clarity: utterly busted > less-than perfect ;)

#19 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2627 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

Ha ha, was I being too polite? :p

(and the load order is less-than perfect, so lots of possible conflicts.)

:)

Jokes aside, here's what's happening with "initialize mod" SCS component:

PATCH_IF macro_success=1 BEGIN
                    LOOKUP_IDS_SYMBOL_OF_INT macro_spellname spell macro_spell
                    TO_UPPER macro_spellname
                    SPRINT  ~%macro_spellname%_SCROLL~ ~%macro_scroll%~
                 END ELSE BEGIN
                    LPF warning STR_VAR warning= ~Could not identify the spell %macro_spell% associated with scroll %macro_scroll%~ END
                 END

#20 Prof Errata

Prof Errata
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

To Kreso: it seems you are my saviour ! At last I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, because before I was forced to install the old SCSIIv21, and the following versions of Stratagems before of this bug refused obstinately to install…

Now, having open Stratagems v30, edited setup-stratagems.tp2, and found the initialisation component, is it possible to indicate me how to modify the lines of code in order to have at last a clear install of Stratagems ? Thanks !

#21 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2627 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

To Kreso: it seems you are my saviour !

I wouldn't say that. :)

Now, having open Stratagems v30, edited setup-stratagems.tp2, and found the initialisation component, is it possible to indicate me how to modify the lines of code in order to have at last a clear install of Stratagems ? Thanks !

Umm...this isn't a SCS bug, my good man. Something is off on your install, mayhap something messed with your spells.ids file and busted it.

You could edit out the lines (it's the piece of code in stratagems/sfo/general/lib_macro.tpa from lines 240-296 (use Notepad ++ for editing such files); don't touch the tp2. 

But that won't fix what's wrong. 

I don't exactly know what this code does (apart it collect all existing scrolls and pathes them, maybe to behave as spells?). 

As per how you edit something out - use these brackets at the beggining /*  and these at the end */ of the piece of code you want to be skipped.

Still I'd suggest you reinstall - even if you do manage to get SCS to install, you'll see many bugs. It will save you time and nerves in the long run.

If you want to use so many mods and don't know the order of installation, you might try using Big World Setup from SHS forums, since it does that for you.

Edited by kreso, 11 February 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#22 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy

Mod Tinker

• Gibberlings
  • 541 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

This was initially reported for v28 (http://gibberlings3....showtopic=26578), but it appears to still be an issue in v30.

With SCS's Separate NPC Pairs Component installed on BGEE, if you try to have Minsc rejoin the party with Dynaheir in the party or dead, Minsc just gives a selection sound response (e.g., "Who wants some?").

The component changes the trigger on state 5 in MINSCP.DLG to be (which is Minsc's no-Dynaheir rejoining dialog):

!HappinessLT(Myself,-160)
Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
OR(2)
OR(3)
Dead("dynaheir")
InParty("dynaheir")
!InMyArea("dynaheir")
!True()

I edited the state 5 trigger in MINSCP to remove the nested OR()s and the !True() trigger:

!HappinessLT(Myself,-160)
Global("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
OR(3)
Dead("dynaheir")
InParty("dynaheir")
!InMyArea("dynaheir")

And it works.  I assume those nested OR()s aren't working as intended (or there's a change to those triggers for BGEE that creates the nested ORs unintentionally?).

Edited by AstroBryGuy, 15 February 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#23 Gragt

Gragt
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

I found a somewhat harmless but annoying bug with EasyTutu: Centeol greets my party by saying “Weather is nice, maybe” with a corresponding Minsc’s voice sound—at least it was rather humourous—and the rest of the dialog is simply garbage with bits of other dialogs and item names. I tried to restore the dialog myself but some parts of it are broken and I lack the knowledge of the Infinity Engine to do anything about it, e.g., after clicking the third of the initial choices, you should be able to choose between 4 options but the first two are blank though their space is still present.

I was able to reproduce it on a clean EasyTutu install with only SCS 30 installed, and nothing else. From a previous but unrelated experiment, I think that Niemain on the top floor of Sorcerous Sundries (the leader of a small group of mages who gets angry because you disturbed their ritual) also suffers from a similar problem but I haven’t been able to test it yet.

Edit: apparently it is something in the AI Improvement sections that causes this.

Edited by Gragt, 16 February 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#24 Etamin

Etamin
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

So far i have found only 1 bug - Firebead still doesn't lower reputation upon kill. This problem was present in version 28 and concerned all mages with "smarter mages" component. Now i see most of them were fixed (Phlydia, Landrin, Unshey f.i.), but not Firebead. I didn't check his Beregst's version, but i guess he also has this bug.

#25 Merlin

Merlin
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

At least in Baldur's gate 1 EE mages does not break the Minor Spell Deflection spell if they do not have Spell thrust or something like that. It should be easy, two melf's acid arrow or so. Instead, they waste spells against my Skeleton Warriors in my solo Cleric/mage run. If there is not other target as my character, then they may use their spells but this happens too seldom.

#26 Ilyich

Ilyich
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Edit: Sorted this out, it was on my end. Please ignore.

Edited by Ilyich, 31 March 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#27 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2164 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

At least in Baldur's gate 1 EE mages does not break the Minor Spell Deflection spell if they do not have Spell thrust or something like that. It should be easy, two melf's acid arrow or so. Instead, they waste spells against my Skeleton Warriors in my solo Cleric/mage run. If there is not other target as my character, then they may use their spells but this happens too seldom.

1) Easy to fix: give Spell Thrust to every mage of 5th level or higher

2) For increased robustness, players can apply my mod and turn spwi321.spl into an automatically renewable innate ability. That way, all mages with spwi321 (i.e. all mages, if 1) is applied above) will *always* have Spell Thrust available for Minor Deflections and Spell Shields.

Edited by subtledoctor, 24 February 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#28 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6249 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

At least in Baldur's gate 1 EE mages does not break the Minor Spell Deflection spell if they do not have Spell thrust or something like that. It should be easy, two melf's acid arrow or so. Instead, they waste spells against my Skeleton Warriors in my solo Cleric/mage run.

The easy reasoning in this is that you just used the spell to make yourself temporarily harder to remove protections from, which they don't have the tools to do ... and so the SCS's AI will give you that... all the while not wasting it's spells, AND not giving you any more !
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#29 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2164 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

Except, the AI ends up shooting itself in the foot. This is yet another unintended consequence of trying to make AI mages "perfect."

Unfortunately, in this regard SCS kind of undermines the very nature of how the spell battle system works. Minor Spell Deflection blocks 4 levels of spells and Spell Turning blocks what, 12 or 14 levels? So MSD is objectively inferior, it offers less protection to the defending mage. You would only need to sacrifice a single Confusion or 2x Deafness to burn through MSD, while it would take 2x Finger of Death to burn through the Spell Turning.

By refusing to "burn through" defenses, SCS renders irrelevant the # of spell levels of protection. With SCS, MSD only differs from Spell Turning or Spell Trap in what is required to dispel them (Spell Thrust vs. Secret Word vs. Ruby Ray). No more Ruby Rays and no spell Thrusts memorized? Congratulations, now a 3rd-level spell makes you completely invulnerable.

I guess that's a reasonable system, but it is certainly not the system that is implemented by the devs in BG2. I know SCS generally tries to stick to AI improvements, but this example makes clear that something more needs to be done here.

Edited by subtledoctor, 27 February 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#30 bradinmemph

bradinmemph

crash test dummy.. not knowledgeable but effective..

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

using v30 scs i can not successfully install' smarter AI" bgee and bg2ee both give me the exact same error...

i use very few mods.. mostly g3 and i pay attn to install order...

anyways i get the 

"ERROR: Failure("resource [APMNKA3.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]

"

when i get to the smarter AI component

and so all the stuff that need it fail/skip as well

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users