monk's APR

critto

Yes, you can install the "WSPATCK For All" component of the_bigg's Tweaks (TB#Tweaks) mod.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

However, for the very limited purpose of something like weapon styles, this can work.

Indeed. That's what I had in mind.

However, for the very limited purpose of something like weapon styles, this can work. My Bladesinger kit is unable to allocate any pips to SWS; instead, he starts with 1 pip and automatically advances to two pips at level 7. But, you cannot mix-and-match free pips with player choice. If you take away access to x proficiency from a kit for purposes of granting them at 1st level, then you can never allow any advancement in that proficiency later on.

Did you forget that you can then change the kit to another one ? :) And yet another and another ... as long as you use the SuperKit. :p

So, here's another crazy idea I've been thinking about.

Is it possible to create an ability that allows to select from a range of sub-abilities (i.e., behaviour similar to Spell Immunity, effect #214), but the actual list is dependent on character's level? To illustrate using the SI example, a mage would get an opportunity to use SI:Nec starting at level 10, SI:Abj at level 13 and so on.

The only solution I have in mind right now is to summon a special creature that presents a dialogue with the options to choose from, but this doesn't seem too elegant.

Sure. Just use "select spell from list" using a 2da file (check out Enchanted Weapon) and use different abilities with different minimum levels, each referencing a different 2da file.

The new version of my mod does something very much like this with one of the druid shapechanges - small spider at level 1, choose either small spider or large spider at level 5 - so I'm pretty sure it will work.

Opcode #319 (item usability) is BGEE only? Is there a way to implement this in ToB?

Or any other way, for that matter, to restrict usage of a particular item to a particular char in a sane manner (the current solution I have is a code block in baldur.baf, it works but it ain't elegant)?

cheers

Yes anything above 280 or so (I forget exactly) is added for EE.

Buh-hahahhahhahaha. Actually it's #317, yeah, the other opcodes got a few extra features like those enabled by ToBEx and a few it cannot... but most are just vanilla stock ToB Effects.

Continuing with small, annoying questions.

I've just noticed that BGEE adds a "Usable by:" or "Unusable by:" to the item description based on flags set in the item. Was it there the whole time even back in ToB or is it a new feature of EE? If so, can I disable it somehow? :) (I suspect not, but no harm in asking)

I am using SET_2DA_ENTRY to change the UNUSABLE column in the kitlist.2da file. I write the supposed value in hex (0x...), however, WeiDU converts it to decimal prior to inserting into the file. How to write the hex value verbatim? This has been driving me insane for an hour. There's probably an answer somewhere in the weidu documentation but I couldn't find it. I ended up doing a REPLACE_TEXTUALLY which is not as flexible.

By the way, does BG care if the value in that column isn't hex?

cheers,

critto

Archived