Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

Daystar +4

The weapon causes 2 damage to the wielder each time it is equipped. The EFF for applying "+2 bonus to evil creatures" seems entirely broken (at least it is looking completely different to the EFF of similar effects like the the +6 damage vs evil from Foebane +5).

That...sounds like something somebody would've noticed by now. But looking at EVILDAM2 in BG2:EE, you do appear to be correct - instead of opcode 179 (damage vs. creature type modifier) with type 0 (no) targeting, it's opcode 12 (damage) with self-targeting. Does not apply to IRR because I added my own .effs for this rather than trying to repurpose vanilla's, nor to non-EE games since it's correct in vanilla.

Edited by Bartimaeus

On BG2EE with SCS v31, SR v4b16 and IR v4b10:

Bracers of Speed
When the 5% fatigue effect triggers, the character performs an animation like he is casting a spell. This is annoying, as he stops attacking.

Saving Grace +3
No Bug here, but it was hilarious to see Kangaxx bashing his skull against this shield killing himself in the process. The floating skull in Watchers Keep did the same. Felt not right.
This shield is the only item that deals damage to the attacker even if the attacker did not hit.

Edited by Lianos

Bracers of Speed: brac11.eff needs to be set to type 1 instead of type 0, already fixed in IRR.

Saving Grace: I guess you'd need SCS to flag this shield as being "anti-undead" and something for non-mindless undead to generally avoid when possible if IR is installed.

(e): Also, Saving Grace should possibly use condition 0 (hit by) instead of 7 (attacked by), as well as target 1 (last attacker) instead of 2 (nearest enemy). I am guessing that it was made this way to limit its damage output, maybe?

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest Jc2486

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and I find a minor mistake in the description of Wakizashi (SW1H46)

In the description, there is +1 THAC0 bonus, which is absent in its actual stat.

Guest Jc2486

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and Shamans are not able to use axes in the game, which does not match the description.

In the unmodded game, Druid (30) is excluded from the attribute Unusable by and druids are prohibited from using axes by adding effect Restricted item (319)

Guest Jc2486
1 hour ago, Guest Jc2486 said:

I'm running IR ver 4b10 and Shamans are not able to use axes in the game, which does not match the description.

In the unmodded game, Druid (30) is excluded from the attribute Unusable by and druids are prohibited from using axes by adding effect Restricted item (319)

Similarly, Shamans are now able to use scimitars in the game. Restricted item effect should be added to scimitars.

3 hours ago, Guest Jc2486 said:

I'm pretty sure I made a hotfix for this a while ago (like a year or two ago). God knows where it is, though. Might be somewhere in this forum. 

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

I'm pretty sure I made a hotfix for this a while ago (like a year or two ago). God knows where it is, though. Might be somewhere in this forum. 

I think your code is waiting in a pull request.  Can't remember why I didn't merge it right away.

On 12/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, ermo said:

Could someone with authority to do so kindly update the README on the Item Revisions page to point to the v4beta10 version?

It currently appears to point to the v2 one.

TIA

The v2 readme is accurate for v2, which is the last official release.

The readme in v4b10 is not completely up to date, which is to be expected, since it's a beta.  (It's perhaps not expected to remain in beta for this long a time.)  Part of preparing an official v4 release will involve updating the contents of the readme.