Can't install BP due to error:

[M#AMBER.BCS.BCS] PARSE ERROR at line 462 column 1-7
Near Text: %Amber%
syntax error

[M#AMBER.BCS.BCS] ERROR at line 462 column 1-7
Near Text: %Amber%
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [M#AMBER.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [M#AMBER.BCS] -> [override/M#AMBER.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

With old version of Amber mod it's installed properly.

SETUP-BP.rar

CamDawg, is there a reason why the BP's install would get this problem and while the Amber mod's doesn't ? As that's very unusual from my stand point of view... and I might have run into this elsewhere. Example. Could it be the copy *.bcs & patch function(totally incorrect weidu.tp2 code, but you should get the jist of it/point) the later mod uses ? As the problem is, how did the original .bcs get the odd figurine inserted into it...

Ouh, and is there anyways the later mod could skip the files that have bad inserts like this ?

CamDawg, is there a reason why the BP's install would get this problem and while the Amber mod's doesn't ? As that's very unusual from my stand point of view... and I might have run into this elsewhere. Example. Could it be the copy *.bcs & patch function(totally incorrect weidu.tp2 code, but you should get the jist of it/point) the later mod uses ? As the problem is, how did the original .bcs get the odd figurine inserted into it...

No, the problem was entirely within Amber.

Amber compiles her scripts and then later replaces (without decompiling) a PlaySong reference with a variable. Since I had commented out ADD_MUSIC for testing, the variable never gets set so WeiDU was happily inserting %Amber% instead of an integer. Since the script was never actually being decompiled, WeiDU never threw an error though the script contained a syntax error. The next mod that tried to decompile it (in this case, BP) reported the error since the script contained PlaySong(%Amber%).

edit: And looking at your link, it looks like the same thing may be happening there. Ideally you'd compile the script against EVALUATE_BUFFER with the variable already in place, but I aim for minimal changes when I'm messing with someone else's mod.

Archived