[done] BGQE: New quests and extentions, beta version for testing!

The mod "bgqe_add" includes new quests and extentions which will be included into the mod BGQE after they are tested (and hopefully fully translated to French and Italian).
The mod is compatible with BGT, Tutu; BG:EE (with or without SoD), and EET.

[--]

Any feedback welcome! If you encounter any problems, let me know.

From the readme:

Note:
------
------

Install this mod before bg1npc project. Otherwise, some reply options are gone.

Content:
------
------

1. Brage's Sword
------
This component gives the player the possibility to prove that Brage fell victim to an intrigue and save him from a death by the gallows - if the PC wants to. There is an evil quest option, of course.
Brage has to be brought to Nashkell alive. The mod also adds the possibility to bring him to Oublek (i.e. the Nashkell authorities) instead of to the temple. This was unfinished original game content. (For this possibility, please note the install order as mentioned above).

The quest about Brage's sword starts when talking to Oublek after bringing Brage to Nashkell alive.

2. Legal Seachart Sources
-------
This component adds two more possibilities to receive the sea charts for Mendas' trip to Balduran's island. Both ways will be installed.
2.A by Lumorus: If the PC helped Aldeth Sachenstar in the Cloakwood as well inside the Merchants' League, Aldeth will be very interested in the research and Balduran's artefacts. He will enable access to the sea charts without the need to steal them or intoxicate the captain.
2.B CALABALD (= Calahan + Balduran's Island) by Shuv-Oohl: The sailor Calahan in Ulgoth's Beard wouldn't be a real sailor if he wouldn't have sea charts of his own. He won't part with them without an appropriate compensation, though... PCs with enough gold have now the possibility to go to Balduran's island before entering Baldur's Gate.

3. Additions to the House of the Lady and the Bitch Queen's Temple
-------
This component extends the original game quest about priest Tremains dead son and the scoll of dispel from the temple of Umberlee.
3.A Prevent Jalanthe from Making a Mistake, by Lumorus: The High Priest of the Water Queen requests a Book of Wisdom for the scroll of dispel. But would it really be a wise idea for her to rely on another god's help? The PC now can ask explicitely whether the priestess is sure that Umberlee would be pleased if the ceremony was done with the wisdom received by Tymora...
3.B Tremain's Sellout: in the original game, Tremain asks the PC to retrieve his dead son from the temple of Umberlee, so he can revive him. The PC now has the possibility to bring the son to the temple, instead.

***** Spoiler *****

Brage's Sword:
-The merchant Borda (original game content) plays a role in this quest. Originally, he can be met in the area with the Xvart village. Depending on quest status the Pc can confront him here. If he was already met, there will be a second meeting.
-Brage's sword plays a role, as well. It has to be presented to Nalin at some point. After that, it is no longer needed for this mod (and can e.g. be used for Thalantyr's Item Upgrade Mod).
-The quest can be solved completely before clearing the Nashkell mines (or later). For the case that Laryssa, Brage's cousin, was killed upon the first confrontation, the last needed quest clue will be found no sooner than Tazok's tent.

Edited by jastey

Short comments -

contents-wise the Brage plot may be incompatible with the Sandrah mod exotension for Brage.

Here the curse and the sword are connected to a pirate captain he was hunting to the coast area where you find him. The hunt for that pirate is a side quest in the Sandrah mod If you bring Brage to the temple in Nashkel he will later leave to travel to the north in search of a cure. He re-appears in SoD and also in BG2 where you see his progress (even in IWD-in-EET if that will be released). He dies tragically in sight of his goal but before that he gave his knowledge to a half-orc girl with magical talents who can join the party (and fall in love with Minsc and become his witch).

Maybe his leaving Nashkel at some point can create an additional issue?

Also worth checking -

Compatibility of the Umberlee contents with Tenya NPC mod. Ot maybe you did already?

Edited by Roxanne

The quest "Brage's Sword" connects the occurrances with Tazok - an intrigue to weaken the Amnish Forces, so they won't have the power to investigate the lower mine levels. It makes the most sense, imho. Brage can be found by the caravan he just detroyed (the sight is gruesome enough), so I don't think he is in any state to hunt down a pirate captain? Anyway, yes, these two ideas won't be compatible, but the components are all optional, so players preferring Sandrah's version can leave "Brage's Sword" out.

Compatibility to Tenya NPC mod is given.

The quest "Brage's Sword" connects the occurrances with Tazok - an intrigue to weaken the Amnish Forces, so they won't have the power to investigate the lower mine levels. It makes the most sense, imho. Brage can be found by the caravan he just detroyed (the sight is gruesome enough), so I don't think he is in any state to hunt down a pirate captain?

>>>He was hunting that pirate up to that point - the condition you find him in is part of the captain's measures to get rid of the pursuer (Actually it was not even Brage who killed the caravan members), after all). As Sandrah is only affecting EET games and the component in BGQE is optional, there should be no issue.

Anyway, yes, these two ideas won't be compatible, but the components are all optional, so players preferring Sandrah's version can leave "Brage's Sword" out.

Compatibility to Tenya NPC mod is given.

Brage was hunting that pirate up to that point - the condition you find him in is part of the captain's measures to get rid of the pursuer (Actually it was not even Brage who killed the caravan members), after all). As Sandrah is only affecting EET games and the component in BGQE is optional, there should be no issue

Another minor point - but maybe a misunderstanding on my side:

Oublek (i.e. the Nashkell authorities)

I always understood the Nashkell authorities were Nalin and Berrun Ghastkill. The rather shady *Oublek the Bounty Officer* is one to hire Greywolf to do *justice* on Prism. It is not the part of the garrison in Nashkel i would put my trust in.

Edited by Roxanne

Brage was hunting that pirate up to that point - the condition you find him in is part of the captain's measures to get rid of the pursuer (Actually it was not even Brage who killed the caravan members), after all). As Sandrah is only affecting EET games and the component in BGQE is optional, there should be no issue

Still doesn't make much sense imho with the fact that Brage slaughtered his family with that sword - I don't know how you solved this for Sandrah, but him having slaughtered his family and a search party (as mentioned in a random soldier dialogue, I think) but being at the caravan with that sword doesn't sound to me like he was in any state to persue anyone for righteous reasons.

Hmmm, is this mod expected to work with say...Romantic Encounters and/or Unfinished Business or would it be better to check it without these?

And if it should work then is there some specific order in which they should be installed or not?

Edited by Abdal

It is supposed to work with them. The recommended install order is:

bgqe

bgqe_add

bg1npc project

bg1re

bg1ub

(for BGT) Jarl's Adventure Pack (v0.7)

But for testing or so purposes, you could also install bgqe_add at a later time. The only really crucial information is, that it needs to be installed before bg1npc project if you want to have all reply options, especially the possibility to bring Brage to Nashkel authorities instead of the temple. (Bg1npc project inserts NPC reactions that swallow later added reply options, that is why.)

It is supposed to work with them. The recommended install order is:

bgqe

bgqe_add

bg1npc project

bg1re

bg1ub

(for BGT) Jarl's Adventure Pack (v0.7)

But for testing or so purposes, you could also install bgqe_add at a later time. The only really crucial information is, that it needs to be installed before bg1npc project if you want to have all reply options, especially the possibility to bring Brage to Nashkel authorities instead of the temple. (Bg1npc project inserts NPC reactions that swallow later added reply options, that is why.)

Nice, thanks for the help!!

Btw are there any plans for Jarl's Adventure Pack to be BGEE compatible?

It's the merchant selling those weird potions in one of the tents (the most south one, AR4905). After talking to Laryssa, you should be able to ask him "~We are looking for a merchant who offers cursed items and potions. He was last seen here at the carneval. Your potions look an awful lot alike, so better talk quickly.~" which gives the information about his delivery man.