BG1 Fixpack ?

Guest plainab

What makes me wonder about the state of the project is the whole year of inactivity the github repository seems to imply:
Well, the fact is few people have the time and wish to use their free time to make small adjustments that can give a small outcome in the 15 year old game.

Is there something you definitely know is off and be so kind as to give the finished code to implement it to the fixpack.

And by the by, you can make your own depository to the github page and start the activity there.

Ouch, I didn't want to be understood in that way! It was a true question, not any kind of complaint.

I can only guess how hard that kind of work is, having no coding skills myself, but I'm really impressed by all that the community has already done on this patch.

Okay, I will try to ask my question as clearly as I can with my poor English:

Wouldn't that be a good idea to upload the FixPack in its current state in the downloads section of G3 to make it available to all the people who don't event know it exists?

It took me a long time to learn about the existence of this FixPack, and I think it deserves a better visibility than what it has now.

PS: Sorry if I have really sounded offensive, I am not totally at my ease with English language.

PS: Sorry if I have really sounded offensive, I am not totally at my ease with English language.
Well, it's not that... but the fact that as the third party involved in this has not made an appearance for a period of time, there's a way to get involved and making things better for all ... and not just sounding as if this was Sasha's fault.

As the files that were produced are still in the net, and freely expand-able.

@ w221 - Fact is, plainab hit burnout, and he may or may not be back. Others are still involved, but progress is much slower since Miloch and the others are involved with many other projects when real life isn't sucking up their time. Though as a vanilla BG1 player I'd like to see the last BETA hosted here as well (with Github being a data nexus for finalizing the project).

If you want to get involved, even if just testing or looking for game problems, PM me with your observations and I'll post it in the workroom here.

@ w221 - Fact is, plainab hit burnout, and he may or may not be back. Others are still involved, but progress is much slower since Miloch and the others are involved with many other projects when real life isn't sucking up their time. Though as a vanilla BG1 player I'd like to see the last BETA hosted here as well (with Github being a data nexus for finalizing the project).

If you want to get involved, even if just testing or looking for game problems, PM me with your observations and I'll post it in the workroom here.

Glad to hear I'm not the only vanilla BG1 player. :-) Well, I have a few small things, I'll PM you about that. And if you need a modder to implement something, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Glad to hear I'm not the only vanilla BG1 player. :-) Well, I have a few small things, I'll PM you about that. And if you need a modder to implement something, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

There are still some of us who prefer vanilla BG1 to BGT/Tutu. And thanks for the info. I've posted your PM in the work room.

There are still some of us who prefer vanilla BG1 to BGT/Tutu. And thanks for the info. I've posted your PM in the work room.

You're welcome. I'll send you some more. :-)

And yeah, BGT and Tutu are incredible things, but I kinda like the feel of the old engine. I try to write my own mods so that they'll work on both as much as possible.

I think I'm going to have to give up on BG1. Now my mages can't cast spells. I am on Durlag level 3, and when they cast a spell, nothing happens. It says they cast it in the text box, but there is no effect at all. Even in an empty corridor, no enemies etc they try to cast Fireballs and Stinking Clouds and nothing happens. No casting animation either. They move their hands but there is no swirl of colors, and no effect from the spell.

I don't recall ever encountering this kind of severe buggy behavior before this game. I am wondering if one of the mods I am using is causing it. This install is

5 disc BG

TotSC

TotSC official patch

infinitycracker

Baldurdash

Unfinished Business

G3 Tweaks pack

Unlockable doors, shopkeepers I can't talk to, spells that won't cast, it goes on and on. Some of these things fix themselves if I quit and restart, others don't, or do the second or third time I restart but not the first.

I've also noticed saving a game, especially Autosaves when moving to a new area, started taking a VERY long time starting in Chapter 5. I don't recall this behavior in the previous game either. I tried deleting the autosave but that didn't speed up future autosaves any. My saves are about 660 KB.

Hmm, this and myriad of other similar troubles this player reported might have something with this:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/968-bg1-engine-fix-extending-limit-of-maximum-global-variables/

For those of us who want to play vanilla BG1:TOTSC, is the weidu bg1 fixpack + hot fix here the most recent? Or is the GIT repo the most up to date? Based on some of the post dates here (2013), it seems like there was more work done on this, but I don't think its been posted.

I'm looking for the equivalent of the bg2 fixpack for bg1, not tutu or BGT.

2 hours ago, agris said:

For those of us who want to play vanilla BG1:TOTSC, is the weidu bg1 fixpack + hot fix here the most recent? Or is the GIT repo the most up to date? Based on some of the post dates here (2013), it seems like there was more work done on this, but I don't think its been posted.

I'm looking for the equivalent of the bg2 fixpack for bg1, not tutu or BGT.

Stuff on his site is the most recent official version. It adds quite a few nice touches, like restored dialogue with that married pair of nobles in Winthrop's inn in Candlekeep and naming Joseph's widow in Nashkel. On the other hand if I remember correctly ( not 100% sure ) it adds some additional bugs, most notably with Aldeth and Seniad's druids. As for github here is his quote:

for the adventurous, the source code is available at git hub.

It is probably more recent though I don't know for sure and as always with master branches you use it on your own peril. 

Edited by Greenhorn
Guest Guestworth McGuestington
On 5/18/2020 at 9:04 PM, Greenhorn said:

Stuff on his site is the most recent official version. It adds quite a few nice touches, like restored dialogue with that married pair of nobles in Winthrop's inn in Candlekeep and naming Joseph's widow in Nashkel. On the other hand if I remember correctly ( not 100% sure ) it adds some additional bugs, most notably with Aldeth and Seniad's druids. As for github here is his quote:

It is probably more recent though I don't know for sure and as always with master branches you use it on your own peril. 

So, to be clear, I can be totally "safe" (yes, I know there's no such thing) in the knowledge that installing the FixPack from his own site will get me the most recent version of anything resembling the most recent, definitive and stable FixPack made by, well, anyone, so to speak?