Kit Revisions (Fighters)

914 replies to this topic

#901 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2482 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:29 PM

Great! Now I'll make a mod that removes  Magic Golems from the game and one can throw away silly non-enchanted wepons for good!

Just redesign them into something less silly.

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#902 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5854 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:49 PM

Great! Now I'll make a mod that removes  Magic Golems from the game and one can throw away silly non-enchanted wepons for good!

Just redesign them into something less silly.

Why less ? More is usually more fun. Say make them magic users that are immune to magic for example.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#903 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2521 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:45 AM

Going off topic here  - Magic Golem has as much reason to be in WK/Fire Giant Lair as a Space Shuttle. I could borrow an Improved Anvil's Supreme Golem and put him there.... :D

#904 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:33 AM

Great! Now I'll make a mod that removes  Magic Golems from the game and one can throw away silly non-enchanted wepons for good!   :D

Very nice idea but maybe just change resistance/protection of those golems and leave it's unique look.

If you wanna make enemies try to change something...

BiG World Setup

Guide/FAQ | Download | Changelog | Twitter

Infinity Engine Game Launcher - tool for fixing *.ini files and registry entries for Infinity Engine games like BG, BG II, IWD, IWD II and Planescape:Torment

#905 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2482 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

I could borrow an Improved Anvil's Supreme Golem and put him there.... :D

YOU ARE BANNED
"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

#906 SladeW

SladeW
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:51 AM

Ok so i was using the Barbarian kit from this mod and i realilized that it was using the exp progression table of a ranger/paladin and not the fighter table. Is this intended? And if not how do i fix it?

#907 Valandil

Valandil
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:56 AM

Ok so i was using the Barbarian kit from this mod and i realilized that it was using the exp progression table of a ranger/paladin and not the fighter table. Is this intended? And if not how do i fix it?

Yes it's intended. Every class will get equal progression. That makes more sense as Demi has reviewed saving throw/thaco tables progression.

If that's a problem for you, you just need to uninstall that component. Normally you have had the choice to install it.

Edited by Valandil, 17 October 2016 - 05:57 AM.

#908 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5854 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:00 AM

EVERY class is using the same table.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#909 SladeW

SladeW
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:55 AM

Ah ok. Thanks guys

#910 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2521 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:29 AM

About Wizard Slayer

Now with Concentration tweak in EE, his disruption ability seems even more valuable then before, albeit it's still a chance-based skill. I can't really get over the 40% chance implemented due to SCS detecting spell failure. How about this instead :

- on hit (with Disruptive strike) he causes 100% spell failure with no duration, making him literaly "disrupt spellcasting"; provided the mage is actually casting the spell, rather then having the spell failure effect linger for three rounds.

#911 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5854 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

- on hit (with Disruptive strike) he causes 100% spell failure with no duration, making him literaly "disrupt spellcasting"; provided the mage is actually casting the spell, rather then having the spell failure effect linger for three rounds.

If you can make the attack pierce the PfMW etc and the 100% with no duration works as you say it will, I can see it working well. Ouh and the attack doesn't need to do much if any damage. Well, maybe 1 point.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 October 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#912 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2521 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

If you can make the attack pierce the PfMW etc and the 100% with no duration works as you say it will, I can see it working well. Ouh and the attack doesn't need to do much if any damage. Well, maybe 1 point.

It doesn't work, but 1 second duration does. :D

P.S.

Sometimes, seems to fail more then it works. 1 round 100% failure works 100% of time.

P.P.S.

It seems this failure works if the hit takes effect just when the spell is cast. You cannot disrupt a spell in the middle of the casting with spell failure opcode, it gets checked just before the spell is cast. The above solution work fine however.

Edited by kreso, 18 October 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#913 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 5854 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

You are making that to be casted via a magical weapon -effect(opcode 111), correct ? So it can be created before the battle or during it and it won't auto hit the opponent, but if it does, it expenses the charge it gives and thus allows the character to resume the use of normal attacks. Similar like the Harm spell works in vanilla game.

#914 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2521 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:14 PM

It's a ranged/melee eff which uses "cast spell" to apply spell failure. 

#915 Valandil

Valandil
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

Another "potential" error, I've made some tests in ToB and my wizard slayer gets 35% of magical resistance, without equipment, instead of 20% he should get.

I've looked into the clabfi03.2da but it seems fine. Here is my weidu.

Spoiler

EDIT : tried again step by step and everything's fine. I'm gonna check for monk's APR that I mentionned on monk's forum.

Edited by Valandil, 27 November 2016 - 02:50 AM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users