bg1ub

19 replies to this topic

#16 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

I think that there is maybe incompatibility between BG1Fixpack and BG1UB. Though maybe BG1UB has nothing with this and it is sole BG1Fixpack fault. When you sacrifice one companion to that nereid after you hit her couple of times she is supposed to initiate dialogue which brings her ogre master Droth to the scene. Unfortunately I never got that dialogue though she tried couple of times to change color of her circle and say something. Even tried to charm her, without effect. Looking what went wrong I discovered that one of the mods change her dialogue to "correct" it and add some nonsensical Global named "Lastbug". It can be seen here:

Spoiler

Checking variables with SCKeeper I found Global from original game "ShoalHit" but no trace of "Lastbug". 

Don't know which mod add that global but I seen that both BG1Fixpack and component 19 of BG1UB try to correct her dialogue. In present form on my install that quest can't be completed, Droth will not appear and you sacrifice one companion in vain. I deeply regret that I didn't follow my original intent to not bother with her and just practice archery on her for nice hefty 5000 EXP.  :(

#17 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy

Mod Tinker

• Gibberlings
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

The variable "LastBug" is present in the unmodded BG1-TotSC. I don't know if it was present in the pre-TotSC version of BG1. Are you playing BG1-TotSC or BG1 without TotSC?

#18 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:56 AM

So that GLOBAL is the part of the original game?  :ohmy: Ugh, I'm way of the mark here.  :blush: I thought that was addition from BGFixpack when I saw in IE that her class script only require "ShoalHit" to start reconcile dialogue with player. I play former, BG1TotSC of course. 

#19 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy

Mod Tinker

• Gibberlings
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Is the variable "ShoalHit" set to 1 and "LastBug" set to 0 (or not set)? If so, can you try force-talking her? Or hit her again?

I don't see anything that would be blocking the dialogue from firing. Both BG1UB and BG1Fixpack make the same change to SHOAL.DLG: they add a facing to the CreateCreature action for Droth.

#20 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

"ShoalHit" and all the rest are displayed properly except "LastBug" which is not set at all. Yes, I tried force talking with her and even charmed her ( dangerous task mind you, that damsel is one dangerous femme fatal ) but she never changed her circle from red to blue because global "LastBug" never triggered for some reason. I'm in no position to repeat the quest however, as I ended her suffering on dry land and left the area long ago. 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users