Crash on sleeping

Here is the spell.ids file. I hope i can still salvage this, thanks

There is no issue to be found here in spell.ids

1517 CLERIC_INSECT_PLAGUE

:::::

1607 CLERIC_HEAL

This means that the scripts/functions would trigger the spells I mentioned in previous posts. The only remaining explanation is that these spells have been changed by something and those changes result in your CtDs.

Your earlier Weidu.log you posted was for the BGEE part only, but since you play EET, the spell/rule mods would be in your BG2EE weidu.log.

I still recommend that you run change-log on those files (SPPR517.spl and SPPR607.spl) to get further insight.

I dunno how i am supposed to edit the change log bat, it didn't give me anything:

:: Replace SPPR517.spl and SPPR517.spl with the file name you are looking for.
:: Run the batch file in the BGII directory and see the change-log.txt.
:: You can make multiple logs from multiple files if you copy-paste the last line, change the log txt files number and remove the "::" at the start.
:: Ersetzt SPPR517.spl und SPPR517.spl durch den Dateinamen, nach dem Ihr sucht.
:: Führt die Batch-Datei im BGII Verzeichnis aus und seht in die change-log.txt.
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPPR517.spl >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
:: WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPPR517.spl >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log

Roxanne you idiot, you linked to a link... direct instructions are always better than a link which might be good, but not the best. Especially if it's not the megamod FAQ 's link, aka this.

To fix that, the problem is, there's no change-log folder... which will lead to the files not being moved nor the .txt file being printed...

So just edit the .bat again and copy-paste this into it:

mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log sppr315.spl >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log sppr517.spl >change-log/change-log2.txt --out change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log sppr607.spl >change-log/change-log3.txt --out change-log
pause

And save, and run it in the game folder...

Rhe mkdir is just made-directory command, and the pause is there for show, so you can see the above commands were done, and you exit the black dos-window via Enter button.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I followed Jarno instruction, here is what i found (4 txt files):

Change-log.txt: [WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPL607.SPL:

Change-log1.txt:[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200

Mods affecting SPPR315.SPL:

Change-log2.txt:[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPR517.SPL:
00000: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
Change-log3.txt:
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPR607.SPL:
There is also a file in Shockwave flash object format in the change-log dir called SPPR517.00000.SPL, i hope someone can make sense of this lol...

SPPR517.00000.rar

Edited by icymad

There is also a file in Shockwave flash object format in the change-log dir called SPPR517.00000.SPL, i hope someone can make sense of this lol...

Your computer classifies/associates the .spl files as that "Shockwave flash object", but it's just a regular .spl file outside the games own storage files, which the ,bif files are actually. That's the backup the game has before it was updated to be the one that the SCS made.

You can try, and name that file as "sppr517.spl" aka just remove the five zeroes in the middle and place the file into the override folder, of course before that you will want to copy the original file form the override folder to somewhere else. And then reload the game, the save and try to sleep.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I followed Jarno instruction, here is what i found (4 txt files):

Change-log.txt: [WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPL607.SPL:

Change-log1.txt:[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200

Mods affecting SPPR315.SPL:

Change-log2.txt:[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPR517.SPL:
00000: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 2120 // Slightly weaken insect plague spells, and let fire shields block them: v30 BWP fix + K4thos' EET compatibility
Change-log3.txt:
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24200
Mods affecting SPPR607.SPL:

It looks like no mod has changed the existing spell, however change-log would not have captured the case where a mod has overwritten the original spell with a replacement.

The only thing left to try that I can think of at the moment is to put the attached files into BG2EE/override and see if that helps

SPPR_spells.rar

Anyway, even if that might work, I would rather delete the current game if I were you and do a new clean install. You might run into more issues during the game and the source of your problems is left unresolved.

Two things:

Would i lose my save if i reinstall?

1) No.

2) Would it be unusable in the new game ? Very likely. Aka it's not the save being deleted, that's the problem, it's that it's no good anymore that is the problem.

It looks like no mod has changed the existing spell, however change-log would not have captured the case where a mod has overwritten the original spell with a replacement.

That's not the case either. The --change-log finds that. It's only if the .spl didn't exist before a mod added it, that the --change-log can't find(what mod adds the file) !

@jastey, I do. The problem is, I have had to do the --change-log help exercise multiple times with Roxanne's bad help.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

The only thing left to try that I can think of at the moment is to put the attached files into BG2EE/override and see if that helps

attachicon.gifSPPR_spells.rar

Anyway, even if that might work, I would rather delete the current game if I were you and do a new clean install. You might run into more issues during the game and the source of your problems is left unresolved.

It seems to help, at least with the shadow druids, they stopped casting the spell that crashes the game and goes melee, with some regenerative spells. Sandrah still have one bugged unamed spell in the F6 shortcut tough and i think the game may crash if i use rest until healed option with many injured characters.

Now there seems to be a minor issue i forgot to mention: When i entered the shadow druid caves in the Xvat village (modded content i take) , the NPC's are getting unconscious at random, even tough they are well rested. Weird...

It seems to help, at least with the shadow druids, they stopped casting the spell that crashes the game and goes melee, with some regenerative spells. Sandrah still have one bugged unamed spell in the F6 shortcut tough and i think the game may crash if i use rest until healed option with many injured characters.

Now there seems to be a minor issue i forgot to mention: When i entered the shadow druid caves in the Xvat village (modded content i take) , the NPC's are getting unconscious at random, even tough they are well rested. Weird...

That last one is no bug but part of the plot. Click on some of the pools and it will tell you about strange smelling vapors and stuff. These poisons are part of the druid's defenses and also influencing the Xvart behavior.

Otherwise it seems that something has really corrupted the basic spells in your game and we are unable to find the source for that. I would rather do a new install than continue with the current one. It may only get worse.