Can't find Lady Valeria?

Guest RandomPlayer

Guest RandomPlayer

Hey,

I've been looking for Lady Valeria for two (real world) evenings now, and can't find her to finish that quest.

I've gone door to door in every house in Beregost(sp?) and have come up empty handed, but I'm just working off the general directions I got by paying the rogue at the Burning Wizard.

Can anyone point me EXACTLY to where her house is? I'm starting to wonder if there's a spawn issue.

I'm playing BG1 inside of BG2 through a BigWorld mod.

Thanks,

James

Guest James
Here is the house. You won't get anyone in it until you have visited the Beregost Temple area.

I'm assuming the Beregost Temple area is where I picked up Gavin and got the quest?

That house is locked and can't be picked, is finding the key part of the quest? My informant in the Burning Wizard says specifically that the house is never locked. That's part of the reason I looked over that one initially.

Thanks,

James

Ah, yes, the key will be in one of the three places mentioned under the spoiler flags in the readme. Or you can go to a bar and listen to the rumors.

Or, if you don't want to look at the readme (though you really should, at some point), highlight over the spoilers below.

<spoilers>Valley of the Tombs, Bandit Camp, Ulcaster ruins</spoilers>.

Guest Guest
Ah, yes, the key will be in one of the three places mentioned under the spoiler flags in the readme. Or you can go to a bar and listen to the rumors.

Or, if you don't want to look at the readme (though you really should, at some point), highlight over the spoilers below.

<spoilers>Valley of the Tombs, Bandit Camp, Ulcaster ruins</spoilers>.

Ah, ok. I talked w/ the bartender and got the quest update with the 3 locations. I've already cleared the Ulcaster ruins, so I guess I'll head over to the other two.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, and I was happy to find a good aligned cleric to add to my party, he's just what I needed.

Thanks,

James

For the note - I was able to get to Valeria w/o any keys or having Gavin joined at all: simple Knock spell did the trick.

Valeria had definitive scent of being mid-quest character, so I did the search to found out it's from Gavin NPC. Perhaps it's worth it to change door lock to "warded agains simple spells" routine to prevent getting to her without getting associated quest first - it's fitting as she's a mage and will give players a nudge to look for a key: until I get Knock I was sure it's but a standard lock, just difficult one. Or, better yet, make the door trigger active only if Gavin is in party, otherwise players who aren't joined him will have no way to know it's his personal quest and will keep looking for the means to enter the building in vain.

P.S. there was 2 instances of each NPC inside - not a big deal as I Ctrl-Yed doubles, and may be not Gavin's bug at all as I have it as a part of BWP, but I figured it's worth mentioning anyway ;)

Hello,

bumping this topic because I got a similar issue.

Messenger came while I was travelling around killing stuff, I went to the temple, got the quest, talked to the thief in Burning Wizard and now I'm stuck.

I went to every house in Beregost, never found Lady Valeria so I searched here, saw which house it was except that house wasn't locked (maybe I already had the key from exploring Valley of Tombs, is it the Ornate key?) and is totally empty.

Partly solved with console spawning after a bit of tp2 decyphering! Spawned the 2 guys downstairs then Valeria upstairs. Fight took about 5 sec after dispelling her lol. Now when I go back to the temple Keldath has no special text about the quest (I did it all without Gavin in group if that matters), is there some global to set so I can complete the quest? Or maybe I just need to take Gavin back before talking to Keldath?

Hey, if you type this into the console, you will be able to complete the quest with Kelddath Ormlyr.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinBodyThiefQuest","GLOBAL",4)

Sorry the quest has proven to be so horrible for you. At least there's a fix coming for ToBEx that will allow mods that use MoveBetweenAreas() to work properly again. Because there are a lot of mods that use it.

Let me know how you make out once you type in that variable.

Thanks for that, I checked the global and it was already set at 4. Actually I just had to get Gavin back in party for the quest to complete.

I have one last question about Gavin though; is it normal behaviour that he goes through 3-4 banters as soon as I get him back?

Archived