Confused about BiG World Fixpack

When I run BWS, it tells me that the Ajantis_BG2, Almateria's Restoration Project, and Yvette Romance mods are different (later) versions than are expected, and it asks me if I want to attempt to patch them anyway.

I ran BWS and told it not to patch them, but I don't know if that will mess anything up during my game. Any insight as to what I should do if I want to play with these mods? Thanks.

When I run BWS, it tells me that the Ajantis_BG2, Almateria's Restoration Project, and Yvette Romance mods are different (later) versions than are expected, and it asks me if I want to attempt to patch them anyway.

I ran BWS and told it not to patch them, but I don't know if that will mess anything up during my game. Any insight as to what I should do if I want to play with these mods? Thanks.

well i got the same problem but i dont think that this will mess up something becouse its newer version that PROPABLY is already patched, but... who knows.

This is indeed confusing. Those mods have been updated recently but the modders have not published any information about inclusion of fixpack issues yes or no. Even worse, some included selected patches but not all.

The only way to find an answer is to ask those modders directly. There is no *supermind* to synchronise changes in mods + BWS + fixpack, it is all done by different people.

well i got the same problem but i dont think that this will mess up something becouse its newer version that PROPABLY is already patched, but... who knows.

This is indeed confusing. Those mods have been updated recently but the modders have not published any information about inclusion of fixpack issues yes or no. Even worse, some included selected patches but not all.

The only way to find an answer is to ask those modders directly. There is no *supermind* to synchronise changes in mods + BWS + fixpack, it is all done by different people.

I just PM'd each of them and sent links to this topic discussion. Hopefully that'll be enough, since I wouldn't even know where to begin explaining lol.

There was a wonderful period where Alien and agb1 served us everything on a golden platter.

This time is no more with BWS having reached its technical end-of-lifecycle where we can try to keep links and versions up to date in a joined effort and that is about all. At the moment an alternative tool is not on the horizon.

This means, that players have to do a bit more again for a large mega-mod install than just push a BWS button but it does not mean that large EET/BGT installs are no longer possible at all.

Well, there are many mods, fixes, many authors and theres no posibility to keep it all up to date, not everyone want to and you know how it is. There are many options how to automatize it but there are many downsides of that, and i dont know if it is not in the ''use'' already.

well actually

the "recent update" of ARP broke something and i'm just too tired to fix it back

like "sleep 20 hours a day" tired

Archived