Cleric Stronghold Restrictions

Hello all,

Supposing I was playing a chaotic neutral bard who wanted to acquire the temple of Talos would either of the Stronghold components in this mod allow me to do this?

I know they work around class restrictions, but I'm guessing not alignment? So I'd be stuck with Helm.

Is there anyway I can alter this?

Have looked elsewhere in forums without much luck.

Cheers.

Hello all,

Supposing I was playing a chaotic neutral bard who wanted to acquire the temple of Talos would either of the Stronghold components in this mod allow me to do this?

I know they work around class restrictions, but I'm guessing not alignment? So I'd be stuck with Helm.

Is there anyway I can alter this?

Have looked elsewhere in forums without much luck.

Cheers.

Start the game as some sort of Evil alignment and start the cleric quest path. EEKeeper yourself to CN again after you speak to the priests of Talos.

* I don't know if you can simply be EEKeeper yourself Evil before entering the Temple district then back after the quest line starts since I'm not sure when it does it's alignment check.

Edited by zenblack

Yeah,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will try working around it by rolling Evil as changing through EE as you say. I imagine Its the same as Romance restrictions - The game only checks for them at the very start.

Can't think of too many scenarios where the Church of Helm would petition a chaotic neutral character for help. Seems a bit silly...

Can't think of too many scenarios where the Church of Helm would petition a chaotic neutral character for help. Seems a bit silly...

Well, within this context of the game, there are clerics of Helm, who are chaotic neutral. So why not ? He got his alignment changed after 2nd ed... in 3ed he was only lawful, as he is in 5e. Neutral, good and evil.

Uh, no there aren't. (Again, not in EE, which fixed this.)

I don't care what the update did to the game, I care about the original, the rest is just mod added stuff. See, in 2ed Helm's restriction was not-Evil, in the 3rd and 5ed, Helm is only-Lawful, now including also Evil. And in the 4th, Helm was dead.

What's not in there is that Helms role in the pantheon changed in-between, in the world.. cause they wanted to be creative. Uuh, that happened, WTF !

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

The component removes the class checks only, which means it should default to a pure alignment check. In the original this means good to Lathander, neutral to Helm, and evil to Talos. For EEs kitted clerics go to their temple, otherwise it's a choice between Helm or Lathander for LG/TN, Lathander gets all NG/CG, Helm gets all LN/LE, and Talos all CN/CE/NE. Or just reference the pretty diagrams in this post.