Photo

ToB NPCs causes Imoen to start at lvl 7/15

4 replies to this topic

#1 forrester

forrester
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Thanks to the developers for their work on this mod. I installed it yesterday for the first time, on a non-EE BGT install with assorted other mods, and started a new game from Candlekeep. Imoen started as dual class t/m at level 7/15 (though with zero xp). After some troubleshooting, I found that uninstalling the ToB-style NPC's component fixed the problem. I can't seem to find this problem mentioned elsewhere so I figured I would post it.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6253 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

And what was your characters level ?
And was this the Imoen in the Lion's Way area(the area next to the Candlekeep), or the Candlekeep itself ? As those two should be very different ones... or some mod added area that just looked like Candlekeep. I just want to eliminate the other possibilities.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 forrester

forrester
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

My character started at level 1 as normal. I only checked Imoen once acquired in Lion's Way area, though there and in Candlekeep she wore black (she wore green in both areas after uninstalling ToB-style NPC component).

I did not go pick up Xzar and Montaron to check them, though I can reinstall the component and do that if it would be helpful.

#4 forrester

forrester
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

Ok, I completely uninstalled v2 and installed v3 with the ToB-style NPC component. Problem reoccurred. Imoen is actually level 7/24 (it was the same earlier I believe, I guessed level 15). Also, Imoen actually wears purple in Candlekeep and wears black in Lion's Way area. I went and picked up Xzar and Montaron, they are both level 1.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9250 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:32 PM

This is fixed. I've added a class check so that Imoen-as-thief and Imoen-as-mage-thief get handled as if they're separate NPCs.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users