GMinion & SCS

Salk

Hello, DavidW!

What better oppotunity, now that you are the manteiner here, than to ask now if you would think feasible and convenient to include the splendid GMinion AI in the SCS mod?

I am pretty sure they would do good together. :)

People that don't want to use SCS might still download the stand alone version...

Hello, DavidW!

What better oppotunity, now that you are the manteiner here, than to ask now if you would think feasible and convenient to include the splendid GMinion AI in the SCS mod?

People that don't want to use SCS might still download the stand alone version...

I'm not sure I really see the point - they're independent, so what's to be gained from including them in one download?

Hello, DavidW!

I'm not sure I really see the point - they're independent, so what's to be gained from including them in one download?

Hear, hear!

Well, DavidW...

I thought that SCS could both cover the enemy and the party AI, including summons and familiars.

Wouldn't GMinion do the job if installed as part of SCS core component?

Well, DavidW...

I thought that SCS could both cover the enemy and the party AI, including summons and familiars.

Wouldn't GMinion do the job if installed as part of SCS core component?

Well, sure, but I say again: what's the point? They're perfectly compatible, what's the plus in bundling them together?

Time!

Icen

Sorry, missed that one earlier.

Sure, in principle. But there's got to be a tradeoff between time savings and the unwieldiness of having too many disparate things combined into one mod - especially when they're appealing to quite different groups of people. And the time saving is pretty trivial.

For myself, the "plus" is not only saving some time, but also reduce the number of Mods from my now rather long list (*).

Also, including GMinion in SCS would guarantee a perfect future compatibility as new SCS versions will be released and maybe even motivate a further refinement of this already excellent Mod.

Also, there is this logical reason about a comprehensive Mod that cover both friendly and enemy AI. SCS could widen its scope by presenting itself as "ultimate AI package".

I realize that maybe my arguments are poor.

'Twas just my two cents... :)

* I am going to love Demivrgvs' IR Mod because it is going to include other Mods that for me are must have: 1PP's Paperdolls and Improved Horns of Valhalla!

I'm quite biased on the matter, but I agree with DavidW, though I generaly prefer to install as few mods as possible too. SCS mainly concerns enemy's AI, and I don't use GMinion because I prefer to handle "my minions" myself. Anyway non-spellcasting summons (which are the the vast majority) are already improved by SCS just because they only use/need the wtasight.bcs script. I was impressed a few days ago to discover I didn't had to create a custom AI for IR's custom Berserk Warriors, because SCS already handled them fairly well, even using their added innate ability to enrage! ;)

That being said, I do believe Gminion, or something like that would probably be a more appropriate add on/improvement for Spell Revisions. I've given to each spellcasting summon a custom AI, but GMinion's ones are surely better, and offer more features.

Edit:

* I am going to love Demivrgvs' IR Mod because it is going to include other Mods that for me are must have: 1PP's Paperdolls and Improved Horns of Valhalla!
Thanks! ;) Anyway I didn't know you would mention it because we were writing at the same time, but the Berserk Warriors I've mentioned are exactly the ones summoned by the improved horns. :)

Archived