Installing detectable stats

Guest Guest

I assume I'm missing something very obvious.

I extract BP_DS_1.2 from the download and it creates the catalogue C:\Program\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\BP_DS_1.2.

When I click on the setup file it doesn't find the dialogue.tlk. If I move all files up to C:\Program\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ It does, but I have click it twice.

So the program runs until I get this error message:

Copied [sPWI803.SPL] to [override/SPWI803.SPL]

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/STAF15.ITM] loaded, 1146 bytes

ERROR: [sTAF15.ITM] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [big Picture Detectable Stats, v1.2 (WeiDU)], rolling back to previous state

[bPDetectStat/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 159 files for [sETUP-BPDETECTSTAT.TP2] component 0.

Restoring backed-up [bPDetectStat/backup/0/SPWM187.SPL]

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, so while we're on the subject, which version of Detectable Stats am I supposed to be using in my mods these days? Currently I ship with Cam's "Version 1.9 (Beta)".

IIRC, that version wasn't causing any freaky install problems, so sticking with it is probably the best bet is for now.

There is something in the works, but AFAIK no timeline has been established.

Guest Befuddled

Okay, so while we're on the subject, which version of Detectable Stats am I supposed to be using in my mods these days? Currently I ship with Cam's "Version 1.9 (Beta)".

IIRC, that version wasn't causing any freaky install problems, so sticking with it is probably the best bet is for now.

So the e-series scripts readme says Detectable Stats 1.2 is needed, and provides a link.

But for the non-scripters like me, we can't install that package along with the FixPack. And then after digging around, I find that the Detectable Stats is now Scriptable Spells. Which DOES work with the FixPack. So... is the readme just out of date? Will the eseries work with Scriptable Spells v3?

So the e-series scripts readme says Detectable Stats 1.2 is needed, and provides a link.

But for the non-scripters like me, we can't install that package along with the FixPack. And then after digging around, I find that the Detectable Stats is now Scriptable Spells. Which DOES work with the FixPack. So... is the readme just out of date? Will the eseries work with Scriptable Spells v3?

I'm wondering about this as well, and also whether I need to install Detectable Spells that DavidW has been working on, in order to fully utilize eSeries or other more recent mods such as Swordcoast Strategems.

Archived