Photo

Mod Compatibility List for EET

657 replies to this topic

#646 Lightbringer

Lightbringer
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

Having played through (all of) the placeholder NTotSC and (almost all of) DSotSC, I can really see the difference in the more polished and re-balanced Dark Side compared to the rougher Northern Tales.  The story in Northern Tales has a lot of potential, but man is it in need of improved dialogue clues!  I'm definitely looking forward to playing through them both again, once everything is more put together and polished up :D

I am afraid nobody will change contents or re-work dialogues for those mods. Balancing items and plot xp, yes, removing tweaks and outdated biffing technics, yes. Updating graphics, yes. But changing the story contents, most likely no.

That is the same that has been done with DSotSC, so your impression more reflects how the original mods were written once upon a time (and that is true for TDDz and the under construction RoT or CtB as well.)

DSotSC is a more linear sequence of quests that are clearly stated and put before you - you solve one and move on to the next. NTotSC is more *hidden* elements throughout BG1 which you find randomly - it is harder to really discover the red threads - and it has very little journal support, just cryptical scribbled messages and hints in item descriptions. This is how the original author did it, and when updating the mod technically we need to respect this.

Spoiler

In a way this is similar to what the EE's did to original game - preserve the original contents (e.g. remove bugs and do technical enhancements but not for example remove inconsistencies in the tale itself.)

Sometimes it is not easy to restrain oneself from trying to improve a mod that you just have the right to technically make compatible - speaking from experience as I tried that with a number of orphaned mods to rescue them for EET (Chloe, Longer Road, NTotSC, Extended Thief Stronghold). Fixing bugs is okay. But fixing contents which is not bugged or broken just because you do not like it, is not.

And do not forget that those mods are translated into a lot of languages and you would need to do new translations if you change contents.

Interesting perspective, thanks. Makes sense. Well I can at least look forward to losing some of the missing icons then. I found a few walkthroughs and was able to piece the story together. When I run my multiplayer group through it, I'll just have to narrate a little.  When I get to play Sandrah solo, I'll certainly look forward to how she ties it together :)

#647 Lundar

Lundar
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

Hello,

I just want to ask if someone knows, which mods are Planned to be converted ?

I am looking especially for:

Secret of Bonehill

Region of Terror

RoT Kit Pack

TDD Kit Pack

Quallo Fix (or already included ?)

Adalons Blood (or already included ?)

Konolans Tweaks

Retaliator Kit

Dingos tweak Pack

Aurora

DiffTweak

Yasraena NPC

Breagar (at he moment only in german)

will any of these probably available anytime ?

Thnx in advance.

Ahem one Question for SoD (Because it is needed for EET)

Will I lose all my Equip or will I get it back during the transition ?

And to Roxanne:

I really love your Mod;

As soon as I will get the SoD extenson, I surely will install it again...

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

Lundar

#648 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Modders
  • 1153 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:33 AM

Hello,

Secret of Bonehill  >>>> reported to be worked on, but no news since a long time

Region of Terror  >>>> test version exists (see BWS) but without the kit packs

RoT Kit Pack >>>> No, left out of conversion, use dedicated kit mods instead

TDD Kit Pack >>>> No, left out of conversion, use dedicated kit mods instead

Quallo Fix (or already included ?) 

Adalons Blood (or already included ?)  >>>> exists

Konolans Tweaks

Retaliator Kit

Dingos tweak Pack >>>> exists

Aurora  >>>> worked on??? There is a mini excerpt (shops, gnomes)  http://www.shsforums...word-coast-eet/

DiffTweak

Yasraena NPC 

Breagar (at he moment only in german)

will any of these probably available anytime ?

Thnx in advance.

Ahem one Question for SoD (Because it is needed for EET)

Will I lose all my Equip or will I get it back during the transition ?  You keep it (or rather you find it in your quarters) - talking about BG1 to SoD transition. SoD to BG2, you loose it (like in BGT) but there is a mod or two that lets you find some of it in Irenicus dungeon.

And to Roxanne:

I really love your Mod;

As soon as I will get the SoD extenson, I surely will install it again...

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

Lundar

I marked some in the list above for which I have information.

Edited by Roxanne, 20 March 2017 - 01:27 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#649 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6536 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Gavin for BGII v21 is also EET compatible.

#650 Grunker

Grunker
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

So it seems L1NPC is now EE-compatible: http://gibberlings3....=24940&p=252284

Do you have a guess as to how complex it is to make EET-compatible as well, K4thos?

#651 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

Hello,

[...]

Dingos tweak Pack

I volunteered to maintain D0Tweak, the current version is v23 and available from PPG.

However, I do not own any of the EE games, is there a problem with D0Tweak on those?

#652 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6536 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

As of v12, Alternatives is compatible with EET.

#653 Drizztboy24

Drizztboy24
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Hi guys, anyone knows some mod that allows my male-elf to start romance with Viconia ? I really need that for roleplaying my character. Thnx for answers.

#654 Lightbringer

Lightbringer
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

IIRC, there's an option within Tweaks Anthology that removes gender/race/reputation/alignment restrictions from the vanilla Bioware romances. I've never romanced Viconia (I don't recruit evil NPCs), so I'm not sure why you couldn't with a male elf. Does she not romance elves?  If not, that Tweak option should fix it. As I understand it, that tweak does not change mod romances -- just the vanilla Bioware NPCs.

If you're just wanting to start a romance, there's always the SetGlobal option through the console.  I'm going to have to defer to others on exactly what those commands are, as I'm a little fuzzy on it myself.  I think there's one command to set the requirements to be met, and then there's another command to set the stage of the romance. You could also search for BG2 romance console commands, and I'm sure the internet will cough something up :)

#655 Roxanne

Roxanne
  • Modders
  • 1153 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Hi guys, anyone knows some mod that allows my male-elf to start romance with Viconia ? I really need that for roleplaying my character. Thnx for answers.

IIRC, there's an option within Tweaks Anthology that removes gender/race/reputation/alignment restrictions from the vanilla Bioware romances. I've never romanced Viconia (I don't recruit evil NPCs), so I'm not sure why you couldn't with a male elf. Does she not romance elves?  If not, that Tweak option should fix it. As I understand it, that tweak does not change mod romances -- just the vanilla Bioware NPCs.

If you're just wanting to start a romance, there's always the SetGlobal option through the console.  I'm going to have to defer to others on exactly what those commands are, as I'm a little fuzzy on it myself.  I think there's one command to set the requirements to be met, and then there's another command to set the stage of the romance. You could also search for BG2 romance console commands, and I'm sure the internet will cough something up :)

C:SetGlobal("CheckViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)  AND
        C:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)

unless you have the convenience cheat from tweaks, in which case all males should qualify.

Set those globals before you ever meet Viconia.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 April 2017 - 12:04 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#656 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6536 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

As of v15, bgqe is directly compatible with EET (i.e. can be installed onto EET directly).

#657 Lightbringer

Lightbringer
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

C:SetGlobal("CheckViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)  AND
        C:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)

unless you have the convenience cheat from tweaks, in which case all males should qualify.

Set those globals before you ever meet Viconia.

They have to be set before you meet the NPC?  Good to know.

#658 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6536 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

As of v12, RE (Romantic Encounters for BGII) is EET compatible.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users