Fanart Thread

Guest Kimmuryiel

this is a bit off topic but I'm going absolutely nuts looking for a good screenshot of Isair and Madae (the one that keeps coming up from Sorcerers is WAY too small)...anyone know where I can find a about 500 pixel sized screenshot of them (about 500 pixels on one dimension that is)?

or can someone tell me how to take a screenshot and where to find it after it's taken?

this is a bit off topic but I'm going absolutely nuts looking for a good screenshot of Isair and Madae (the one that keeps coming up from Sorcerers is WAY too small)...anyone know where I can find a about 500 pixel sized screenshot of them (about 500 pixels on one dimension that is)?

or can someone tell me how to take a screenshot and where to find it after it's taken?

the best way is using the 'infinity explorer' program that lets you see EVERY graphic and script used in the game http://infexp.sourceforge.net/

if you want to take screenshots, simply press the 'print screen' button on the right hand corner of your keyboard. The screenshots are stored in a folder inside the game directory, it should be C:\Programs\Black Isle\Icewind Dale II\Scrnshot by default. I hope it helps!

Going back to topic, I'd like to share with you all a fan art of mine, it's still work in progress, I hope you'll like it!

IWD2_NPC_MOD___Diriel_by_Epantiras.jpg

It's Diriel using Snakebite against some Aurielites. That spell does wonders ^_^

Heh, if you end up doing all the characters, I can use the drawings (with your permission, of course and if IWD2 allows) as display screens during the Epilogues.

I started drawing them all as a sort of 'tribute', I never thought they could be inlcuded in the game - expecially because only BG2 has got 'epilogues with pictures' - but if they will be useful I'd be glad to give you my permission to use them ^_^

A bit off-topic: I think I read a topic about a possible 'conversion' of the mod into a NWN2 module. Will it be developed or did you abandon the idea? NWN2 flexibility would let you do many things that the infinity engine does not.

If IWD2 can do static screens the sort that used in the dreams in BG1/BG2, I'd love to do that during the Epilogues. But IWD2 might not, seeing how they cut out so much functionalities.

Yes, NWN2 is flexible, and I would have loved to do it, unfortunately, being a full-time bread-winner for the family of three (inluding one 2 yo tot) pretty much precludes me from working on any large mod for NWN2. I was struggling for the past 6 or 8 months to put a 1 hour Deathstalker on the road.... The Chimeras are just not on the menue, particulary since I am not a great coder, and my areas are passable, but will not do the game justice. If I had a luxury to take a year off, that would be the mod I'd make. But the way it is now... I am struggling to get like 4 hours a week modding (compare it to 30-40 I did in the time of BG1NPC....) :)

If IWD2 can do static screens the sort that used in the dreams in BG1/BG2, I'd love to do that during the Epilogues. But IWD2 might not, seeing how they cut out so much functionalities.

Yes, NWN2 is flexible, and I would have loved to do it, unfortunately, being a full-time bread-winner for the family of three (inluding one 2 yo tot) pretty much precludes me from working on any large mod for NWN2. I was struggling for the past 6 or 8 months to put a 1 hour Deathstalker on the road.... The Chimeras are just not on the menue, particulary since I am not a great coder, and my areas are passable, but will not do the game justice. If I had a luxury to take a year off, that would be the mod I'd make. But the way it is now... I am struggling to get like 4 hours a week modding (compare it to 30-40 I did in the time of BG1NPC....) :)

Yeha, I'm 'experimenting' with the toolset myself and it took me around 15 hours just for a small interior with few dialogues... and I'm not finished yet o_O

This is what I've drawn today:

IWD2_NPC_MOD___Peony_by_Epantiras.jpg

Edited by Epantiras
Guest Epantiras not logged in

I just wanted to let you know that I've drawn some banters from the mod for the SHS challenge "Favourite mod banters", I hope you'll like them even if drawn with my parody comic style ;-)

post-10539-1233067418.jpg

post-10539-1233348491.jpg

post-10539-1233433371.jpg