A question

70R4N

Does it matter which components from SCS & SCSII do i use on my Baldur's Gate Trilogy installation?

For example if I install Faster Bears from SCS, do I also need to install Faster Bears from SCSII or does one affect the whole game?

Same goes for Spell tweaks that are the same in both modifications ( like "More consistent Breach spell" or "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility"), Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores (does this modification from SCSII also remove the arrows from BG1?), Ease-of-use party AI, Remove blur effect from the displacer cloak, Improved Spiders, Smarter mages...

Does it matter which components from SCS & SCSII do i use on my Baldur's Gate Trilogy installation?

For example if I install Faster Bears from SCS, do I also need to install Faster Bears from SCSII or does one affect the whole game?

Same goes for Spell tweaks that are the same in both modifications ( like "More consistent Breach spell" or "Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility"), Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores (does this modification from SCSII also remove the arrows from BG1?), Ease-of-use party AI, Remove blur effect from the displacer cloak, Improved Spiders, Smarter mages...

OK, my main question is:

Do i need to install Smarter Mages from SCS if I allready have the SCSII version?

IIRC, DavidW said that Smarter Mages (and/or priests) can be installed on BGT in two different ways:

1) You install SCS Smarter Mages (and/or priests) and then you install SCS II Smarter Mages (and/or priests): in this way mages and priests use different AI routines in the BG1 and BG2 part of the trilogy

2) You install only SCS II Smarter Mages (and/or priests): in this way mages and priests use the SCS II AI routine from beginning to end

Archived