no points to distribute on level up

LarryG

Ok, I am a newbie to this site, I played BG2 when it first came out. Now, I have decided to pick it up again. I have installed the Tweak Pack. My question is,(and maybe I just don't get it), when I level up a character, there are 0 points to distribute to that character. I used the HP cap mod, along with several other mods from the pack. I have leveled up a few characters in my party, and none of them had the number points to distribute to various traits of the character. (0 and 0 were displayed for the level points).Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, Lar

Are you talking about weapon proficiencies? You only gain additional proficiency points every 3 to 6 levels (depending on your class).

If you are unsure about what benefits are gained upon levelling for a specific class, just ask.

• Every class gains more HP and possibly an improvement to THAC0 and/or saving throws
  • Classes with thieving skills (thieves, bards, monks, rangers) gain them every level, though only thieves choose where to spend those points
  • Classes that can cast magic gained improved spellcasting ability (an increased number of spells that can be cast per day and/or access to higher levels of spells)
  • Additional weapon proficiency points are gained every X levels, coming faster for warriors and slower for spellcasters
  • Warriors (fighters/rangers/paladins) gain an extra half attack per round at levels 7 and 13
  • Various kits and classes gain miscellaneous abilities as they reach certain levels (paladins can lay on hands, monks can punch better, barbarians can get madder)

Points to distribute ? In a 2ed AD&D game ... :D
If you mean Thief skill points, only thieves actually get those points to distribute, the other classes get a table set amount of points to one of the skills(ranger to stealth, bards and monks to pick pocket etc, that you won't get to place).
Now then the Weapon skill points are gained ones every 3 or 4 or 5 levels depending what class you are, and that's all the points I remember can be gained, the HPs are given at level up, so they won't be distributed either. And no, you won't gain stat points either from leveling up. Unless you install the Bigg tweaks(a mod from here).

ARHHH, got ninjaed.

Yes, you aren't getting stat points, unfortunately: strength and intelligence and other stats will remain the same throughout the game.

However, you may get some bonuses through quests in BG2 - and through tomes in BG1(I recommend EasyTutu or BGEE with BG1 NPC mod for better experience).

Archived