Photo

What's the differnece between this and baldurash?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Arthas

Arthas
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:02 AM

as title says.

I'm looking mostly for something to correct the stats/alignment and stuff of this sort - from what I know it should be there in fixpack, but not in baldurash. Am I wrong?

#2 Almateria

Almateria
  • Modders
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:50 AM

It's the accumulated literal fifteen years of found bug fixes, OP

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6829 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:29 AM

And the G3BG2Fixpack is the bases that made it into the EE games.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 October 2018 - 06:29 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9751 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:26 AM

as title says.

I'm looking mostly for something to correct the stats/alignment and stuff of this sort - from what I know it should be there in fixpack, but not in baldurash. Am I wrong?

We started with Baldurdash about 15 years ago and have simply building upon it for the past 15 years. There are no private forums; you can find all discussions about whether something's a fix or not here on the Fixpack forums.

For alignment changes specifically, they're available in our extensive documentation; look for the Creature Alignment Corrections header about a third of the way down the page. These were based primarily off of Kish's work with Oversight and then discussed at length. Ones that were not as solid were shunted into an Optional But Cool component. It's worth noting that BG2EE uses both the base and optional alignment changes as a baseline.

We actually don't have many stat changes--we change a handful of illegal scores (e.g. some werewolves had CON > 25) but that's more or less it.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9751 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:29 AM

And the G3BG2Fixpack is the bases that made it into the EE games.

I'll make the same note here that I use when I see "G3 Tweaks" or "CD Tweaks": please, please, please don't call it that. BG2 Fixpack was the collective effort of a lot of modders across communities, and implying that it's G3's work is a serious disservice to the authors.

Yes, we host it, but it's really the best example we have of a successful, well-loved inter-community project.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#6 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4659 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

Baldurdash? Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long, long time.

#7 InKal

InKal
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

well, Baldurdash was needed for Improved Anvil until IA was made compatible with EE. 

Now I have Neverending Journey installed which uses somewhat special version of Baldurdash I think. 

If someone is feeling really REALLY nostalgic I would recommend something like this:

"BG2-Baldurdash-Ascension-Solafein-Valen-Tactics"

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6829 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:26 PM

No Widescreen mod, ToBEx, 1pp ? Let alone BGT(-weidu), TDD, SoS ... etc. as you brought up NEJ.
But I agree with you on the point that Baldurdash is in multiple places. See Vlad's Compilation.

Baldurdash? Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long, long time.

And putting your fingers in your ears and singing LaLaLa, doesn't make the thing disappear. Or any less real.

I'll make the same note here that I use when I see "G3 Tweaks" or "CD Tweaks": please, please, please don't call it that. BG2 Fixpack was the collective effort of a lot of modders across communities, and implying that it's G3's work is a serious disservice to the authors.
Yes, we host it, but it's really the best example we have of a successful, well-loved inter-community project.

I'll just note that as there are several and have been multiple others, that the G3 is just a note on the indeed host of the mod. It's like saying that BGT is the old mod, not the weidu conversion of the mod. To be more exact. Like: "A pi is not 3.14, it's 3.14..."

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 30 October 2018 - 11:50 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#9 Almateria

Almateria
  • Modders
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

No Widescreen mod, ToBEx, 1pp ? Let alone BGT(-weidu), TDD, SoS ... etc. as you brought up NEJ.
But I agree with you on the point that Baldurdash is in multiple places. See Vlad's Compilation.

And putting your fingers in your ears and singing LaLaLa, doesn't make the thing disappear. Or any less real.

I'll just note that as there are several and have been multiple others, that the G3 is just a note on the indeed host of the mod. It's like saying that BGT is the old mod, not the weidu conversion of the mod. To be more exact. Like: "A pi is not 3.14, it's 3.14..."

oh my god i might get dinged for those words when i'm sobered but shuuut the ffffuuuckk uuuuppp

#10 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7530 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Be civil and watch your language everyone, please.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users