Photo

Might & Guile -- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues

35 replies to this topic

#31 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 10:39 AM

Hmm, I've really neglected this thread. The current version is 2.8. The main thing that's been added in the last few months is an early version of my proposed "Rogue Class overhaul." So far it focuses on thieves. It strips out most kit and class abilities (like backstab bonuses, traps, poison, etc.) and turns them into choosable feats. Then it adds various new feats, like melee fighting tricks, bonuses to thief abilities, and Use Scrolls/Use Wands. Each kit gets access to a few special feats in addition to a set of basic ones; the trueclass thief gets the widest selection, making it potentially a more interesting kit. Everyone gets 3 feats at level 1, and another feat every odd level up to 19th.

It also adds a new thief kit: the Alchemist, which gets a few special feats relating to potions and chemistry.

Finally, recent versions have added psionic powers into the mix, 5 powers each in 4 disciplines: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, and Biokinesis. Unlike magic, psionic powers are powered by your personal energy; they can be used at will, but cost temporary reductions in max hit points. Trueclass thieves can choose to learn powers from one discipline; a new warrior kit and thief kit (the Soulblade and Psypher, respectively) can learn powers from multiple disciplines.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#32 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • Modders
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

It's funny how much I like what you do, even though it's completely the opposite of my own design philosophy. Did you ever play any GURPS?

edit:  Nevermind.  I asked my Ritilin-soaked friend and he clued me in.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 16 August 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#33 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

This mod has been updated to v 3.0. Bugs have been fixed, called shots have been revised, psionics has been revised, and all of the various pseudo-feat-systems have been overhauled and combined together. Now they use a flexible dialogue-based system that is cleaner and less prone to bugs.

Also there are now eight psionic HLAs for use by the Psypher and Soulblade kits.

More info here:
https://forums.beamd...#Comment_832213

#34 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 07:27 AM

Sorry Giann, I hadn't seen that post. I never played GURPS. Only ever played BECMI and a smattering of 2E, then just read the books on occasion, then played Baldur's Gate.

Most of my mod stuff is grounded in 2E source material, but adapted for functional use in the IE engine. That's more or less the entire design philosophy...

#35 Malaek

Malaek
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

Can't get the feat part of this mod to work. Always spits out an error not being able to edit d5_rfc1.spl. I use BWS for installing mods if that matters. Tried it on both EET and just BGEE.

#36 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

The only error I get is:

"WARNING: no effects altered on d5_rfc1.spl"

...which is harmless, you can ignore it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users