Armor Rebalancing

Miloch

Some of this is spoilerish to both S&S and BG1 NPC so stop reading if that bothers you. :D This is a cross-mod issue that involves both mods but I'll do the main post here. I went over some of the armour available at Raoul's. Originally this was due to the fact a lot of it seemed really cheap. I also noticed at the time that BG1NPC clues you in to some bardic armour roughly in the same area. That armour ends up being more expensive (though you get it off a CRE) and it's not quite as good as the caster's chain. And the caster's chain is better than the bardic leathers +1, but a lot cheaper. You might explain that is because the latter is enchanted but that matters little to the end user. From a balance perspective, I would recommend hiking the prices up a bit (some of the tags may need fixing also).

Bardic armour in Song & Silence:

Caster's Chain (A!BCHAN1), Price 300, AC5, Wt 30

- Not Usable By: D, M, T (add Monk, Kensai)

- Suggested price: 6000

Bardic Leathers (A!BLEAT1), Price 80, AC7, Wt 15

- Not Usable By: Mage (add Monk, Kensai, Shapeshifter - allow Avenger?)

- Suggested price: 4000

Bardic Leathers +1 (A!BLEAT2), Price 3000, AC6, Wt 10

- Not Usable By: Mage (add Monk, Kensai, Shapeshifter - allow Avenger?)

- Suggested price: 5000

Skald's Battered Buckler (A!BRSB), Price 600, AC-2, Wt 2, +10% cold res.

- Usable by all clerics except Talos?

- Suggested price: 1500

Bardic armour in BG1 NPC:

Bardic Chain (X#GARCH), Price 2000, AC7, Wt 8

- Usable By: Bard (also has Barbarian and Monk set?)

Bardic Chain (X#GARCH2), Price 2000, AC5, Wt 8

- Usable By: Bard (also has Barbarian and Monk set?)

(The CRE in question has X#GARCH - not sure if the 2nd one is scripted in or unused. Would suggest making this armour +1, AC4 to make it worth getting. Also beef the CRE up a bit to account for this - I seem to recall the battle being quite easy. :))

Standard armour for reference:

Shadow Leather (_LEAT08), Price 10500, AC4, Wt 8

Studded Leather +2 (_LEAT07), Price 4500, AC7, Wt 8

Chainmail +2 (_CHAN03), Price 5000, AC3, Wt 10

Mithril Chain +4 (_CHAN06), Price 9450, AC1, Wt 7

Small Shield +1 (_SHLD02), Price 1000, AC-2, Wt 3

Thanks for your comments. :D One of the things I'd earmarked was the price adjustments, actually, as I agree that in hindsight the items are pretty cheap. So for the next version you can definitely expect an increase beyond the standard rate of inflation, although I might end up with slightly lower figures than yours.

Archived