[closed] Gavin BG1 *quest spoilers* - How (not) powerful the reward items should be?

jastey

The mage Valerie Valeria from Gavin's quest drops a +3 staff - which is a bit powerful for the early game. What do you think, nerf it to +2, or maybe even +1? "Oh, please no, that's the staff I always go for as soon as I come to Beregost"? What's your opinion?

What's Valeria's strength as an opponent ? Perhaps it's because his staff does the most in the partnership ? V-himself could be a bumbling idiot like the host is most of the time.

A +1 ... + a bonus that makes V-also good - could be more suited perhaps.

Even with the staff equipped, B!Valer is a quite weak opponent for that (BG1 around chapter3) part of the game and her role in Gavin's quest. Rather than to make her even weaker, it may be an idea to make that staff undroppable and not stealable. This way she can use it in combat but the party cannot pick it from her body, dead or alive. The other items she drops is reward enough for the quest (+ you get a bonus from the temple on top for doing the job).

PS - this is Valeria, not to be confused with the mage Valerie, the joinable NPC from her own mod.

Roxanne: Making the staff undroppable is a good idea, too.

And sorry about the names. I always twist names (I tend to misspell the names of my own quest characters in my mods if I don't look them up regularly.)

Archived