Blank Textbox

thelegaard

I recent installed mods for my Baldur's Gate Enchaned Edition, which i bought on Steam. I never had any real issues getting mods to work before with Baldur's Gate, but after getting a new PC, i have started having problems. The best example i can give is that i recently installed the BG Tweaks, aswell as the Romantic Encounters mod for Baldur's Gate 1. and when i speak to the NPCs and look at the items added through the mods, i only get a text saying "Invalid" and then a long number.

Any help resolving this issue would be of utmost appreciation.

Thelegaard

New computer, what Operation System does it have, and where did you install the game to ?

Did you play and adjust the games language during the play before you installed mods to it, or after ?

And was the game updated before or after the mods were installed ?

The most probably reason for "Invalid:xxx" is that the mods are installed to a different language than the one you are playing. Switch to the language you installed the mods to, and you should see the new content. (The game language the mods are added to should be listed in the command window during install. -This is not necessarily the language version of the mod you chose for installation.)

It does say my language setting is english which i expected, but i will try to reinstall the mods and double-check that everything is in the same language. Thank you for the advice:)

My operating system is Windows 7, and since i am running the game with steam, it is just a standard steamapps installation. I have not updated anything to my own knowledge, though there seems to have been a recent update to the game, and the mods might be clashing with that.

My operating system is Windows 7, and since i am running the game with steam, it is just a standard steamapps installation. I have not updated anything to my own knowledge, though there seems to have been a recent update to the game, and the mods might be clashing with that.

Well, in that case you might want to read this: Steam and mods .

Ah - maybe your mods were erased alltogether due to a silent game update. That would be possible, too. In that case, the advice is to double the game by copying it to another place and adjusting the game path in the baldur.ini manually. This way, the copied version will not be updated and you can finish your modded game.

Archived