Magic Missile (And the number of Missiles)

pinewoodpine

So I was messing around with the spell Magic Missile, intending to create the other magic missile spells (Force Missile; Lesser Missile Storm; Major Missile Storm), but I can't find which address dictates the number of missiles spawned per caster level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: So messed around a bit more. I realized I can't find the maximum CL for any spells. I must be blind, or are they hard coded?

Edit2: Scrap the one about finding no maximum CL for other spells - turned out I was looking at the wrong ones. The one with Magic Missile still stands though.

Edit3: Nevermind, turned out I was looking at the wrong Magic Missile spell all along.

Edit 4: Is there anyway to spawn more than 5 magic missile? I assume there are animation files for 6 missiles and up to 11, but I haven't actually tried those.

It's all hardcoded in the engine (projectile), so likely not. IWD has a projectile creation opcode, but it's not present in bgs, so perhaps you could literally hack it in by crafting and abusing an aoe projectile with child projectiles.

Archived