The Number of Kills

Hello everyne.

On 2004-08-19 I finally got tired of looking at the unused files, which accumulated on my desktop for over 2 years, while I was whining that I want to do Kivan for Bg2 mod, while working odd jobs for TS, BG1NPC, LR, Hubelpot... etc... finally, I got a grip on myself, dusted them off, wrote a whole bunch of new stuff and coded it up during the weekend of August 20th-22nd.

I think I slightly overdrafted over 24 hours (doing the useless things like sleeping and eating) so it is not a 1 day NPC... it's a 1 weekend NPC!

Cam and G3 were very kind to provide feedback on coding/editing issue and offer me a forum space for the Elven Archer of the somber disposition.

I still need help before I can release the mod publically. mainly with editing the texts. Please, :)

So, as of 2004-08-25 the mod is playable and beta-testing ready.

Well, it is sort of one weekend and all my life kind of thing :) And it was an *insane* thing to do. I cannot believe that people would do 1 Day NPCs... Even having a very good plan and lots of pre-written material it was hard, and it was yesterday when I realized that I did not have a Tree of Life... and had to add it in a hurry. And there is a bunch of banters that I have notes for, but did not write.

The Tree of Life are the dialogues at the stairs to the Tree of Life, when you ask every companion if s/he is ready to follow you to fight Irenicus. Blissfully it is easy as a pie to code using Grim's I_C_T version (see a tut on FWS which is called "Stairs to the Tree of Life"

The Tree of Life are the dialogues at the stairs to the Tree of Life, when you ask every companion if s/he is ready to follow you to fight Irenicus. Blissfully it is easy as a pie to code using Grim's I_C_T version (see a tut on FWS which is called "Stairs to the Tree of Life"

*Argh* Of course I have that one, sorry, it's because I didn't know the English term!!

*sighs in relief*

Poor Kivan.  Heh, he was alright for a character, that much I readily agree. 

"A hundred years of life can bring a thousand years of sorrow"

Heh, I would say he was unique, maginificent, wonderful, marvelous, staggering, terrific, awsome, amazing, astounding, wondorous... but then again, he was just a character in a computer game :)

I have always 'loved' Kivan in BGI - well in fact one of my characters did fell in love with him in that time. Unfortunately I played that character already to the end of SoA and she felt for Solaufein... *sigh*, if she would just have known :) (The talks between Solaufein and Kivan in that situation, I can just imagine... :( ).

Good question... I will see if I can talk JC into dusting off his Kelsey's skills. But Wes... uhm, I think Wes is in the forever away status, so I will not be able to have banters with Solaufein. I'll ask at the Cross-mod section if anyone is interested in co-authing a couple-three banters with their characters.

Good question... I will see if I can talk JC into dusting off his Kelsey's skills. But Wes... uhm, I think Wes is in the forever away status, so I will not be able to have banters with Solaufein.

That would be great.

Uhm...I believe Weimer answered to some post in PPG just last week? :) But how to contact him, I dunno.

Yes, but I think it can actually counted in years now since the last time he wrote for Solaufein. I'd like to do something like the text below, but I do not even know whom to bug about permissions:

Solaufein: I envy you, Kivan, I envy you even that very plight and torment of yours that makes you a subject of other’s surfacers’ pity. All of you surfacers wear your hearts on your sleeve, even the most reclusive ones, like you. Your every action betrays your passions. And you think nothing of it. Yet, it’s a precious right.

Kivan: Is it not the same among drow? I saw much demonstrations of feelings during our stay with your kin. Hatred... mostly.

Solaufein: A, but even a hook horror roars when he falls on its victim and in spider’s eyes you can see the bloodlust.

Kivan: When Phaere spoke your name -

Solaufein: Her mouth twitched with fury. Anything but that you have imagined, darthiir. At the times when she truly loved me, her face was a mask and her eyes slipped past me when I kneeled in front of her. The pretense was perfect.

Kivan: Then how did you get discovered?

Solaufein: Do you think that the Spider Queen can be cheated in such a naive and childish way?

Then you are just a naive and childish as I were... in your case it is forgivable, for you are a surfacer. My illusions costed me dearly.

Kivan: Yours is chilling story indeed, Solaufein.

Solaufein: The scariest thing of all is that when Matron Despana summoned me for questioning I knew from her inquiries both shrewd and casual, that I was but one of those whom she chastised and squished on that very account of not being a spider at heart.

Kivan: Let us hope that some of them escaped even as the rest attacked Suldanessellar.

Solaufein: Or stay hidden. But either way for a drow lays death.

Lovely :)

I have the latest Solaufein (I think) and in the read me there are mentioned many different people who have contributed to the mod with new dialogues. But nowhere there is said if the permission to write dialogues for Solaufein has been given to someone else, so I would start by asking Weimer - if he would answer would be his decision, if he wouldn't well it would be a loss not to see banters between Kivan and Solaufein. But no harm in asking, right?

Archived