Divine Remix V8 - Ranger Kits, No Special Abilities, Help?

I initially posted this in the Divine Remix section, but since it is a ghost town over there, I thought I'd try here.

Problem is pretty much in the title. Divine Remix V8 seems to work pretty well for the most part, but special abilities on the new Ranger kits included with it do not appear.

Mod is currently installed on Divine Remix V8, on BG: EE, with the tweak pack installed. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Which kit are you talking about, exactly? Which abilities are not showing up? Or are all of them having the same problem?

If you have NearInfinity you can look at the class abilities tables and see what's going on quite easily.

For all of the Ranger Kits added under the Divine Remix Mod, (wilderness runner, justifier, bowslinger, forest runner, and Feralan), none of the special abilities they are supposed to come with, such as the wilderness runners ability to set snares or charm animals, appear under the special abilities tab. Also, abilities the class should confer, such as the fire and ice resistance of the wilderness, do not appear.

I downloaded NearInfinity but had trouble navigating it and didn't quite know what to look for. I'll take a look again though.

For all of the Ranger Kits added under the Divine Remix Mod, (wilderness runner, justifier, bowslinger, forest runner, and Feralan), none of the special abilities they are supposed to come with, such as the wilderness runners ability to set snares or charm animals, appear under the special abilities tab. Also, abilities the class should confer, such as the fire and ice resistance of the wilderness, do not appear.

I downloaded NearInfinity but had trouble navigating it and didn't quite know what to look for. I'll take a look again though.

You simply need to drop NearInfinity.jar into the same folder as Baldur.exe. When you run it it will automatically recognize the installation.

The .2DA tables are what you want to look into. For example, the Wilderness Runner uses NMRNWLRN.2DA. This table lists all the abilities (passive & active) for that kit. I'm looking into this right now, and as far as I can tell, according to this table and the readme, the kit should get a bunch of abilities like NMRNWR01 (charm animal), NMRNWR02 (?), NMRNWR03 (10% cold/fire res), NMRNWR04 (initial 20% set trap), and NMRNWR05 (+5% set trap every level). But when I searched in the mod folder I could only find NMRNWR1, NMRNWR3, and NMRNWR4. The names don't match, and I'm not seeing NMRNWR2 and NMRNWR5 anywhere. Now I don't have the mod installed, so I can't say with certainty what's going on, but this would be an example of why the abilities don't show up ingame. The names of the spells must match how they appear in the 2DA table.

Edited by ABlake

The missing spells are generated on the fly, e.g. nmrnwr2 is copied from spcl412 (set snare) and nmrnwr5 is copied from nmrnwr4 with a slightly different bonus.

This almost sounds like a non-modmerge'd game. Do you have SoD installed from GOG or Steam?

edit: Oh wait, ABlake is right. The spells for Wilderness Runner don't match their references in the kit table (leading zeroes FTL). Looks like we might have the same error elsewhere.

Edited by CamDawg