SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Thanks, and fixed. Looks like I missed re-adding that back when I was rebuilding the spell for the new forms...how embarrassing!

@Kreso: You're welcome to take any tweaks you like, of course, but AFAIK none of them were integrated into SR proper. (e): That reminds me - I needed to finish documenting divine spells, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Is there any way to be immune to Imprisonment in SRR or IRR as a solo mage or sorcerer? If not, I don't see a way to defeat Kangaxx other than spamming planetars (and other summons as cannon fodder) and trying to stay out of sight, casting Pierce Shield from a simulacrum when necessary. Even then, Kangaxx sometimes moves so that there's no place to hide, resulting in a high chance of you still getting imprisoned.

Alright, thanks for the help. Are liches supposed to be immune to Breach? Spell Thrust, Secret Word, and Pierce Shield all seem to work, just not Breach. WIthout Breach, I don't think there's a way to get rid of elemental protections from liches.

The Pearly White Ioun Stone also doesn't appear to have the Mind Shield from its description implemented.

The "Mind Shield" is under the "Special Characteristics" of the Shapeshifts Troll ability, so it's not really a property of the item. Trolls, for whatever reason (very thick skulls?) get Mind Shield.

The Breach thing is another thing that SCS tweaks with its "More consistent Breach" subcomponent, though I'd be in favor of that being the default in SR, too.

Asking a similar question here as in the IRR thread. I just got back into BG and set up an EET install using the EE Mod Setup tool a few days ago (when g3 was still down). I'm running SRv4 b16 currently and am 3 hours into the game.

Is SRR considered essential enough now that I should be nuking my install and redoing it with the "Revised" versions?

Unlike IRR, I don't think so. There was a collaborative effort to integrate most of the fixes from SRR into the current version of SR, so unless you want my spell or description changes, you'll be just fine with SR. It seems as though Kreso is imminently releasing a new version of both IR and SR, though (or at least he was before the site disappeared for a few weeks), so you may wish to hold off rebuilding your game until then.

Edited by Bartimaeus

First of all, thank you for keeping SR updated, very much appreciated.

I've taken this new version for a spin, and while most of it seems to be working just fine, I did notice one major gripe.

It appears that SR changed the way invisibility is handled. Spells like Detect Invisibility, Invisibility Purge, or True Sight apparently do not DISPEL invisibility anymore, but rather just make the affected creatures visible. The consequence of that is that they remain untargetable for spells, and there is virtually no way to get rid of their invisibility save for Dispel Magic and the Detect Illusions thieving skill (which does still dispel invisibility). This is particularly relevant for SCS mages, since virtually all of them use invisibility of some kind, as well as spell/dispel protections. Since you can't dispel their spell protections or their combat protections without first getting rid of the invisibility, this leads to some very awkward gameplay, relying either on Dispel Magic (which makes other dispels moot anyway if it hits, but is hard to get to hit particularly on LoB mode) or a thief/monk with Detect Illusions. It GREATLY devalues spell protection dispels if you don't have Detect Illusions, almost to the point of uselessness. I seem to recall older SR versions made spell protections work as a small area effect for that very reason, but I think simply changing at least some of the detection spells to actually dispel invisibility rather than merely reveal would be just fine. That's how it used to be.

EDIT: Before I forget, the mods I'm using are Ascension, Spell Revisions (revised), Item Revisions (revised), SCS, as well as CD Tweaks (in that order).

Edited by Lord_Tansheron
11 minutes ago, DavidW said:

As I understand it, Detect Invisibility and friends in SR also give the caster the ability to target improved-invisible creatures with spells.

It definitely doesn't for me. In fact, this made me reroll the entire run to get Detect Illusions on board, because not being able to dispel mages proved incredibly frustrating.

@Lord_Tansheron You either have a problem with your install or you're just not realizing how invisibility works in SR. I described most of it here:

In short, just cast "Detect Invisible" at 2nd level or True Sight, and that caster will be able to target the improved invisible enemy. It won't dispel invisibility; each caster who wants to target the invisible enemy with spells will have to give themselves the ability to see through invisibility. Warriors will have to wait until the enemy reveals himself, and then attack with a -4 penalty. 

Importantly, Nondetection/SI:Div cannot protect against the above.

Oracle and True Sight and priests' Invisibility Purge can outright dispel invisibility... but the invisible person can protect himself against this via Nondetection/SI:Div. 

Edited by subtledoctor
41 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Oracle and True Sight and priests' Invisibility Purge can outright dispel invisibility... but the invisible person can protect himself against this via Nondetection/SI:Div. 

I did a quick test, and True Sight definitely does NOT dispel invisibility for me on enemies that don't have ND/SI:D; using TS on an Inquisitor was my previous staple strategy and has failed to work on my current setup. It's not impossible though that I just messed up the install somewhere. I'll do more testing, maybe do a fresh install if I can stomach another wait through SCS's installation process.

EDIT:

I looked into it more, and it seems my problem is due to the fact that True Sight and True SEEING work differently now. The Priest TSight dispels, Inquisitor TSeeing only reveals. Well, fancy that! New interesting paradigms.

Thanks for the info, that definitely answers a lot of questions.

Edited by Lord_Tansheron