SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

One more thing, about the reduced reputation: is it possible to have the reduction when it would give 2 point, but no randomness otherwise? Randomness tempts me to reload every time, and sometimes a rep increase is all you can get from a quest.

One more thing, about the reduced reputation: is it possible to have the reduction when it would give 2 point, but no randomness otherwise? Randomness tempts me to reload every time, and sometimes a rep increase is all you can get from a quest.

I'm not making content changes to v32 at this stage.

Hi, looks like SCS causes a CTD when entering AR3022 (Watcher's Keep -- Anti-Paladins).

Tested this using vanilla BG2EE (Steam) and installing just

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32 RC5
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32 RC5

Also, removing GITH03.CRE, gorgit.CRE, OHGITH03.CRE from override directory does "fix" the crash so this might narrow it down a bit.

RC4 is also affected (caught it there first).

Secondhand bug report: Fireshield blocks insects cast directly, but not from the secondary spread--e.g. casting Insect plague on a fighter next to a fireshielded mage will get insects spread onto the mage.

FWIW I'm unable to repro this with RC5.

Secondhand bug report: Fireshield blocks insects cast directly, but not from the secondary spread--e.g. casting Insect plague on a fighter next to a fireshielded mage will get insects spread onto the mage.

FWIW I'm unable to repro this with RC5.

I can't see a theoretical way this could happen. Insect Plague applies one spell, SPPR517A, on any target - the spread is handled via the insect-plague projectile, not via secondary spells cat by the primary target. And Fire Shield gives immunity to SPPR517A.

Theory isn't everything - I've been surprised before by weird interactions - but if you also can't reproduce it, I'm inclined to leave it for now.

In other news:

- the failure of sorcerers to autocast Armor is sort-of-intended - SCS ease-of-use AI tends not to use sorcerer precasting, but it's a bit inconsistent about it. I've systematized it, and introduced a variable (DMWWSorcerersBuff) to override it at the console. Ditto Shamans.

- automatic searching for traps is not and never was part of SCS Ease-of-Use AI. If you want it, don't install that component; use the vanilla BG(2)EE AI instead.

- While I'm at it, spellcasters no longer spam Mind Blank. (This is a bug I forgot about from RC4 testing.)

- I'm looking into the CTD in AR3022. That's a critical bug so I'll do a new RC once I find it.

Edited by DavidW

[bGEE, Release candidate 7]

1) Protection from Normal Missiles doesn't protect against elemental arrows if no_initial_change_pro_normal_missiles is set to 0

2) no_initial_change_elemental_arrows should probably be listed under "nerfed and moved items" in stratagems.ini

3) no_initial_change_modify_breach doesn't modify Wand of Spell Striking when set to 0 (i.e., primary type and secondary type of Breach are set to NONE....)

Edited by Luke

Hey everyone, i'm someone who is using the iwdification component that is part of SCS and it seems we have a few issues that i'll highlight from my experience.

- Curse, Curse seems not to show up on the list of a cleric and if added manually to the list, it seems to cast with the stipulation that the caster is impacted as well as his enemies.

- Cat's Grace seems to be totally busted. The spell only gives 1 dex if at all to of any class. No rolling or anything.

- Emotion:fear, Doesn't work. It's suppose to provide thac0 penalties and dcreased AC, But it has no effects that go off and instead just acts like a melee spell forcing the caster to save for no effect, it's portrait on the menu is different from casting as well going from the broken red heart to a purple like shadow magic icon when it has been memorized. I've uploaded it here to see what you guys can do.

spwi411.spl