SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

That's weird. Clearly the party member is being flagged for autolevel but I can't see why, and right now can't reproduce it. This is on BG1EE, v2.5?

ya

OK: I think I now understand this (at least enough to fix it).

Would you mind trying the following:

- using Notepad or similar, edit stratagems/leveller.tpa

- Find line 1138, which is currently

cebear01 ttbran ttimoen ttjaheir ttminsc ttxan arkani cander deder mordai osprey BEGIN
- change it to read

cebear01 ttbran ttimoen ttjaheir ttminsc ttxan arkani cander deder mordai osprey charbase BEGIN
(i.e., add "charbase" just before "BEGIN")

- reinstall the NPC customization component.

If I'm right, that should fix the problem. (And if so, I'll do a RC2 fairly shortly-probably this evening - as this is a critical bug.)

[macOS] Cannot install on unmodded BG:EE v2.5.17......

This looks like the OSX call to SSL isn't working. That's tricky for me to debug given I don't have a mac testing environment, but I'll give it a go. Try the following:

- open stratagems/sfo/general/lib_general.tpa in a text editor

- Find line 57, which currently reads

AT_NOW ~/usr/bin/perl %scsroot%/%ssl_loc%/ssl.pl "%full_loc%\%script% %sslvariables% -o %workspace%/ssl_out -l %ssllibrary% %workspace%/autolib %booleanstring%"~ EXACT
- Remove the quotation marks, so that it reads

AT_NOW ~/usr/bin/perl %scsroot%/%ssl_loc%/ssl.pl %full_loc%\%script% %sslvariables% -o %workspace%/ssl_out -l %ssllibrary% %workspace%/autolib %booleanstring%~ EXACT
- try reinstalling the component.

This looks like the OSX call to SSL isn't working. That's tricky for me to debug given I don't have a mac testing environment, but I'll give it a go. Try the following:

AT_NOW ~/usr/bin/perl %scsroot%/%ssl_loc%/ssl.pl "%full_loc%\%script% %sslvariables% -o %workspace%/ssl_out -l %ssllibrary% %workspace%/autolib %booleanstring%"~ EXACT

AT_NOW ~/usr/bin/perl %scsroot%/%ssl_loc%/ssl.pl %full_loc%\%script% %sslvariables% -o %workspace%/ssl_out -l %ssllibrary% %workspace%/autolib %booleanstring%~ EXACT

It didn't work (it appears to be the same error........)

Edited by Luke

That's weird. Clearly the party member is being flagged for autolevel but I can't see why, and right now can't reproduce it. This is on BG1EE, v2.5?

ya

OK: I think I now understand this (at least enough to fix it).

Would you mind trying the following:

- using Notepad or similar, edit stratagems/leveller.tpa

- Find line 1138, which is currently

cebear01 ttbran ttimoen ttjaheir ttminsc ttxan arkani cander deder mordai osprey BEGIN
- change it to read

cebear01 ttbran ttimoen ttjaheir ttminsc ttxan arkani cander deder mordai osprey charbase BEGIN
(i.e., add "charbase" just before "BEGIN")

- reinstall the NPC customization component.

If I'm right, that should fix the problem. (And if so, I'll do a RC2 fairly shortly-probably this evening - as this is a critical bug.)

Yup, that fixed it!

When you say, "appears to be the same error", do you mean there's some specific SSL error message you're seeing? Or do you just mean the install fails at the same place?

In any case, try swapping the backslash for a forward slash, i.e. changing %full_loc%\%script% into %full_loc%/%script% in that same line.

When you say, "appears to be the same error", do you mean there's some specific SSL error message you're seeing? Or do you just mean the install fails at the same place?

In any case, try swapping the backslash for a forward slash, i.e. changing %full_loc%\%script% into %full_loc%/%script% in that same line.

Still no luck......

Can you open a command-line (or whatever the OSX equivalent is called) in your BGEE folder, and then type

~/usr/bin/perl stratagems/ssl/ssl.pl stratagems/iwdspells/resource/ogremasu.ssl -o weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out -l stratagems/library -o testboolean
and tell me what result you get? Then repeat with

~/usr/bin/perl "stratagems/ssl/ssl.pl stratagems/iwdspells/resource/ogremasu.ssl -o weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out -l stratagems/library -o testboolean"
(I'm nearly out of ideas here, and may need to try to get help from someone who knows OSX and has a testing environment.)

Can you open a command-line (or whatever the OSX equivalent is called) in your BGEE folder, and then type

~/usr/bin/perl stratagems/ssl/ssl.pl stratagems/iwdspells/resource/ogremasu.ssl -o weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out -l stratagems/library -o testboolean
and tell me what result you get? Then repeat with

~/usr/bin/perl "stratagems/ssl/ssl.pl stratagems/iwdspells/resource/ogremasu.ssl -o weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out -l stratagems/library -o testboolean"
(I'm nearly out of ideas here, and may need to try to get help from someone who knows OSX and has a testing environment.)

No such file or directory in both cases.....

cd /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition
MBP-of-myname:Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition <UserName>$ ~/usr/bin/perl "stratagems/ssl/ssl.pl stratagems/iwdspells/resource/ogremasu.ssl -o weidu_external/workspace/ssl_out -l stratagems/library -o testboolean"
-bash: /Users/<UserName>/usr/bin/perl: No such file or directory

Edited by Luke

It *looks* as if you don't have Perl on your system.

I'm now out of my depth. I gather that OSX normally has Perl installed natively; if that's changed I don't have a lot of resources to support it.

I will put a post somewhere general and see if more OSX-savvy people can help.

This looks really choice, thanks for all the hard work! Quick question - it is mentioned that compatibility with Spell Revisions has been improved (awesome!) and that the spells from IWDification have been integrated into SCS. If I use IWDification and Spell Revisions at the same time, some spells are added by both mods (such as the level 1 Druid spell Sunscorch) and end up being duplicated in spell lists. Will SCS check and correct for this if I use its component to add IWD spells instead of from the IWDification mod? Or will I have the same problem?