To All Auren fans, please vote

theacefes

BadAss Nalia  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I only ask because in ToB, Nalia changes...a lot. In Auren ToB, that will have to change. Nalia can't be nice to Auren but a bitch to everyone else...it's not consistant if she's been traveling with the whole group the whole time and she somehow "grows up" instantly. What I'm planning is for most of the banters with the Bioware gang to be altered so that Nalia does not seem like such a...meanie, IF she and Auren are successfully romancing or at least friends.

I would prefer Nalia to say what she has to say with comments from Auren. It has a more realistic feel.

First, I think Nalia does become a bit of a meanie, but I don't think it's tragic. Auren might well be surprised with the side of her friend/lover she had not expected, and might be unsettled by the discovery.

There is nothing wrong with changing BioWare. I could hardly object to that. I just think that if Nalia had been through what she'd been through, but matured to become full of sweetness and light, it would seem pretty artificial. The game already has an Aerie.

Here's another thought. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Nalia could fire off a few rather sharp banters, Auren could remark on it, which might spur Nalia to complete the healing process and move from anger to acceptance. Which might open the way to less cutting, more well-adjusted banters from Nalia from that point on.

Here's another thought. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Nalia could fire off a few rather sharp banters, Auren could remark on it, which might spur Nalia to complete the healing process and move from anger to acceptance. Which might open the way to less cutting, more well-adjusted banters from Nalia from that point on.

That seems like a good idea to me. Nalia becomes what she becomes for a reason, but I don't think it too strange if that process were to be moderated by being in a relationship with Auren. It would be good to leave a little of that side showing here and there, but it could be mostly eradicated if desired.

I'd suggest that you go with Berelinde's suggestion - I think it would seem a bit weird to change Nalia completely. After all, the element of meanness in her personality is a part of her whether Auren likes it or not - and it would make their relationship that much more touching if a) Auren's able to get past it, b) Nalia modifies her behaviour with her loved one though continues to be snippy to others or c) both.

A definite "No!" here. It is human nature to become more cynical with experience, so I don't see why Nalia should suddenly start wearing pink glasses.

That's not to say she should throw a molotov cocktail at Auren whenever the latter isn't looking - after all, it's possible to be nice to some and mean to others (though I haven't noticed her being really MEAN... but maybe we just have different standards...)

All right, votes are in, or at least I've made up my mind anyway. Looks like I'm going to go with the approach of letting Nalia say what she wants and then I will write around that. Thanks guys.
Good, that would be what I would like. I have been through ToB three times with Nalia and really haven't noticed that much, especially if you don't Summon her to the pocket plane, but she was in your party the whole time. Really, the meanest things I have heard Nally say was to Keldorn in SoA when they go to the Order of the Radiant Heart. Did I miss something?

Archived