Voicing problems...

Guest Prioska

Guest Prioska

So, I've just gotten Amber from prison... Something's wrong with her soundset. Instead of hearing a voice when I select and move her, dialogue of what I'm sure she's supposed to be saying ('What do you want?', 'I suppose you're right.', etc.) is showing up in purple (Commonly shown when dialogue is seen over the head of a character instead of coming up in a box) beside her name. Her music is working just fine. Normally I'd leave this alone but with so many spoken lines, hey, I'd like to hear. I've tried re-installing the mod, but it doesn't do anything. Any idea why this is happening?

Instead of hearing a voice when I select and move her, dialogue of what I'm sure she's supposed to be saying ('What do you want?', 'I suppose you're right.', etc.) is showing up in purple

Are you sure you don't have game subtitles on? That would explain the soundset dialogue appearing in the console, though not why you aren't hearing her voice at all.

Guest Prioska

Mmm, forget I said anything. Apparently it was compatibility issues with Tashia, which I uninstalled. The soundset is fine now.

Mmm, forget I said anything. Apparently it was compatibility issues with Tashia, which I uninstalled. The soundset is fine now.

Just for the record, in which order did you install Amber and Tashia? I know that installing Tashia after Amber should cause funniness in Tashia's music, but I was not aware of any soundset problem. I'd like to solve this, so that players could enjoy both Amber and Tashia. :)

I am having this same issue. I've played Amber a ton in the past and never recall experiencing it but I'm on a new XP computer first run with BG2. Here is what I have installed:

fixpack

tweaks

banterpack

flirtspack

dungeonbegne

jpsportrait

widescreen

amber

In that order although I added jps&wide after Amber. Once I had the problem I uninstalled them and Amber then reinstalled jps, wide & Amber last.I think it has to be Dungeon or Wide as I have played Amber with all the others.

Thanks if anyone is sill checking.

I see Dungeon is on the compatibility list. Its not widescreen because I uninstalled that. There something else that's off. I went with Amber to talk to the guard "Ed" about her bracelet and when I interject to calm her down my response comes up as Ed saying it not the PC.

I am having this same issue. I've played Amber a ton in the past and never recall experiencing it but I'm on a new XP computer first run with BG2. Here is what I have installed:
Is this a BG2EE game ? If it is, there's every possibility of the mod not being fully compatible ... or something mysterious and totally unrelated to the original topic. Also if you check, you notice that this topic is more than 7 years old...

Its not BG2EE which I do plan on getting at some point in time. Its the BG box set they came out with before BG2EE where you get, BG, ToSC, SOA,TOB with the official patches already installed.

I realize this is an old thread, but I searched the Amber forum and this was the closest thing I could find to my issue.

Thanks for responding Jarno.

I do hate to post on a dead thread, but I have exactly this problem I am not sure if I am suppose to hear Amber or not. I get text which shows up in the console but I don't get any voice. I can post my log if that would help but I have a fair number of small mods installed. None of them have a posted conflict with this mod though as per the sticky.

bholland the answer was posted yesterday in the thread "Amber V4 Bugs" there is an "EVAL" missing in one of the setup lines. You simply add it save, then uninstall and reinstall Amber. It does take longer to install but its working fine for me now.

Archived