Corthala Romantique is up for adoption

Domi

I'm really looking forward to this mod myself. I've always rather liked Valygar, the only other npc I would have hoped for a romance mod for was Minsc, but I have strange taste perhaps... Anyway for a while there it looked like both of my favorites were going to be a no-go... and as I have no skill in this sort of endevour whatsoever there wasn't even anything I could do about it... so I'm glad to hear this mod is still being done! :) Thanks to you guys for working on it and I look forward to playing through it :rant:

I've just been perusing "Your favourite lines from the Baldur's Gate series" on PPG, and stumbled upon this post.

Having recovered from the preinfarction state, I feel I must ask: Corthala Romantique doesn't have it, right? Right?

I took the liberty to delete that part. :)

You have to remember that the initial romance in Tortured Souls was written 'so Domi has some fun while testing' and was supposed to be substituted very quickly by Silrana's grand and superior version. So I allowed myself a lot more freedom than later on when it became a more serious undertaking with ToB portion. I support Meira's decision in removing whatever she wants to remove, but I really don't see why people in 2007 will be taking seriously something done in 2001. I was young then and NWN was a new thing. Looking back, I should not have written it, but what's the point of crying over the spilt milk?

You have to remember that the initial romance in Tortured Souls was written 'so Domi has some fun while testing' and was supposed to be substituted very quickly by Silrana's grand and superior version.

I saw her dialogues, and they didn't work for me at all, so I'm grateful she didn't do it.

Gaider should have, really. :) What's a week or two to him? He'd spent six months on Ascension - Ascension! Ah well...

I'm just really excited that it looks like it's in the home stretch and that we can see it soon. I went from hating Valygar, less than a year ago to loving him. Don't forget that I'd never heard of Baldur's Gate, or any CRPG whatsoever, before I recieved BG2 for Christmas last year. Surprising, really. Maybe I do live under a rock. But now that I have decided that I like Valygar, I want to see more material for him. And I trust Domi and Meira to give me everything I want.

But on to the guilty admission:

I try not to include too many 4th wall breakages in my own work, because I know it's just plain wrong, and it upsets a lot of people, but I have to admit that I find it funny. I feel guilty about this. I feel like my tastes should probably be more refined.

*shrugs* Oh well. I am what I am.

In any case, I'm still looking forward to the Corthala Romantique. The banner for it on PPG is... really good.

Gaider should have, really.

I never seen Silrana's, but what I saw of Gaider's was meh, and he only wanted to do it for ToB, so it's better that he did not. I think we all just need to look expectantly on Meira and hope she can update the mod to the modern standards etc.

As for rourth wall, I don't know. It's a guilty pleasure (I love Chinchilla, I dislike Bondari). I don't do it nowadays due to the reasons Berelinde quoted, but I do references, often in ironic situations. And *that* I am not willing to surrender. :)

'nyways, it's my earned NWN2 hour now, so I'm going to kick some serious butt in the Docks and hope I start getting some male companions soon. So far we had been a bloody College of the Gentleborn Dames on the prowl with one dwarf hidding behind our skirts.

I never seen Silrana's, but what I saw of Gaider's was meh, and he only wanted to do it for ToB, so it's better that he did not.

Oh. Really? :) If you have a link, could you please post it? I only saw a story "What must have been..." in the Attic, and it was okay, I guess.

'nyways, it's my earned NWN2 hour now, so I'm going to kick some serious butt in the Docks and hope I start getting some male companions soon. So far we had been a bloody College of the Gentleborn Dames on the prowl with one dwarf hidding behind our skirts.

Heh, I just walked Luskan Docks yesterday, in NWN1. Just like parallel worlds...

About the fourth wall, I guess I am conservative this way. I love Laufey's stories, for example, but when Jan starts talking about Harry Potter, I just can't read further - I want immersion, I want to believe it's really, really happening.

Oh. Really? If you have a link, could you please post it? I only saw a story "What must have been..." in the Attic, and it was okay, I guess.

Oh, it's in ToB, unfinished Master-Wraith for Valygar. I have not seen anything else. But to be honest, I am just not a fan of Gaider's romances from that period. Carth's was definetly an improvement. But you like Anomen's so you are more in tune with Gaider, I suppose.

Archived