SCS v31 Release Candidate (Now No. 3) Now Available for Testing

Did you extract the file in to the game folder(D directory), or did you just run it at the download folder that's on C drive ?

Also there's a note in the file that says:

If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7, or a newer operating system, you should be aware that mods may not function correctly if your game is installed within the Program Files directory. If that's the case, we recommend reinstalling the game elsewhere before proceeding.

For some reason I can't install this. Every time I route it to the Baldur's Gate: EE Directory it gives me an error message:

"Unable to find Strategems.bat, please make sure you have entered the name correctly." This error comes up after the .exe finishes its initial install to the BG directory. My Baldur's Gate Directory is installed via steamapps in my D Drive, not the C:Programs (x86) drive.

I am not sure if this is a bug with whatever naming convention went wrong in the posts above, or if this something on my end.

Thank you

No, this is my mistake. Release Candidate No. 2 is now up on Github (updated link in first post) with this missing file. RC2 also includes Angel's updated Chinese translation.

I just find that I only pulled the Chinese translation to the master branch. Please merge it to RevisedSCS branch, if needed. Sorry about that.

I think Alien was planning on re-basing the Revised branch off the master, so he'll grab it on some point.

I just got a "Not_found" error trying to install the general AI component on BGEE v2.3. Hang on, I'll dig up the debug log...

EDIT - oops...

ERROR: cannot convert skipspell or %skipspell% to an integer

It was due to my experimental addition to lib_macro. Disregard, for now. More on that soon...

Edited by subtledoctor

I have been trying to install SCSv31 with EE Mod Tool for the last couple days and I keep having the same very specific error:

Including file(s) caster_shared.tph
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[stratagems/caster_shared/caster_shared.tph] loaded, 34236 bytes
Copied [stratagems/caster_shared/caster_shared.tph] to [stratagems_external/workspace/caster_shared.tph]
Compiling 1 script ...
[stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\dragblue.baf] loaded, 148920 bytes
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Compiling 1 script ...
[stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\abazdg02.baf] loaded, 131232 bytes

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\abazdg02.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 114 column 1-25
Near Text: dw#0d590
	syntax error
ERROR: parsing [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\abazdg02.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\abazdg02.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [stratagems_external/workspace\ssl_out\abazdg02.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Smarter Abazigal], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/OTHER.6830]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/OTHER.6830")
[stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/UNSETSTR.6830] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall  11 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6830.
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/SFO_warnings.txt]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/SFO_warnings.txt copied to stratagems_external/workspace/SFO_warnings.txt, 3842 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/genai_shared.tph]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/genai_shared.tph copied to stratagems_external/workspace/genai_shared.tph, 16395 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/hla.tph]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/hla.tph copied to stratagems_external/workspace/hla.tph, 8698 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/caster_shared.tph]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/caster_shared.tph copied to stratagems_external/workspace/caster_shared.tph, 34975 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/abaz2.bcs]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/abaz2.bcs copied to override/abaz2.bcs, 11167 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/abazigal.CRE]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/abazigal.CRE copied to override/abazigal.CRE, 4212 bytes
  Restoring backed-up [stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/dragon_shared.tph]
stratagems_external/backup/stratagems/6830/dragon_shared.tph copied to stratagems_external/workspace/dragon_shared.tph, 2732 bytes
Uninstalled     11 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 6830.

This happens with the tool or manual installs and on both EET and BG2EE. The only mods that I'm installing are ascension then SCSv31 rc2. Everything else seems to have been installed correctly (at least according to the log). Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks