Revisit Areas in EET

Roxanne

I would add the transition in my mod - BUT - I have BG4201 (and it is the area of such a hut and I can Clua into it without issues) - So if I would add a trigger but the area is not in EET this will cause a crash. I need to investigate first how come I have this area. I also have ar4201 in BGEE - and EET has converted it from there.

the area does exist in vanilla BG1/BG:EE/EET. It's just unused - not accessible unless you clua to it.

Good - so it is useable and I will just add the transition with my mod - I have not seen anyone else ever use it.

PS - Done

Problem with BG5400.bcs inherited from original ar5400.bcs

IF
!Dead("Amnish3")
!Dead("Amnish3a")
!Dead("Amnish3b")
!Global("GuardMinePermission","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TriggerActivation("Door5401",FALSE)
END

IF
OR(4)
Dead("Amnish3")
Dead("Amnish3a")
Dead("Amnish3b")
Global("GuardMinePermission","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
TriggerActivation("Door5401",TRUE)
END

Those two blocks make any EXTEND_BOTTOM added code obsolete. They seem to be from original game as the only mod that adds to this script in BGEE is Isra with a correct code via EXTEND_TOP, Either block of those two is always found true, thus nothing below will trigger.

Added Continue() to each of the blocks to enable remaining script.

Issue entering area OH2000 from worldmap

I travelled to OH2000 on Neera's quest. I entered the area at the lower right hand corner - the quest expects me at the start of the road which is lower left hand corner of the area. This entry should be fixed as there is a kind of meandering road with sidequests you are supposed to follow through the area.

I travelled to OH2000 on Neera's quest. I entered the area at the lower right hand corner - the quest expects me at the start of the road which is lower left hand corner of the area. This entry should be fixed as there is a kind of meandering road with sidequests you are supposed to follow through the area.

you're playing with BP-BGT Worldmap, right? There may be a problem there due to how Beamdog named the entrances in new areas (with whitespace). Wisp mentioned in the changleog that this should be fixed, but maybe his current implementation didn't work. Check what OH2000 entrance name is referred in BG5000 area section of WMP file. It should be "Entrance 1".

edit: you probably use outdated version of this mod. Latest one is not 10.1 that hangs on download page but 10.2.1 available here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58385-worldmap-1021-released/

--------------

This is unrelated to your problem but if you're going to re-install BP-BGT Worldmap you could as well fix the base wmp file. Please first uninstall the mod than place this WMP file inside override directory:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7b3134

And than install the latest BP-BGT Worldmap version. The reason for this is the problem mentioned here. It has been fixed already on GitHub but the wmp in your game still has data which become corrupted after saving wmp in NI.

you're playing with BP-BGT Worldmap, right? There may be a problem there due to how Beamdog named the entrances in new areas (with whitespace). Wisp mentioned in the changleog that this should be fixed, but maybe his current implementation didn't work. Check what OH2000 entrance name is referred in BG5000 area section of WMP file. It should be "Entrance 1".

edit: you probably use outdated version of this mod. Latest one is not 10.1 that hangs on download page but 10.2.1 available here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58385-worldmap-1021-released/

--------------

This is unrelated to your problem but if you're going to re-install BP-BGT Worldmap you could as well fix the base wmp file. Please first uninstall the mod than place this WMP file inside override directory:

And than install the latest BP-BGT Worldmap version. The reason for this is the problem mentioned here. It has been fixed already on GitHub but the wmp in your game still has data which become corrupted after saving wmp in NI.

The entrance is referred to as Entrance####1 in worldmap.wmp and in map_mods_links.tbl (which I think is the file BP worldmap reads to produce the links?)

Anyway, I will update my install with the modifications you suggestef above - I have to do that as well, because TDDz is now available, I am just waiting for shadowlich to establish a download link for it (he started a thread in SHS and has found support there, so it should be up pretty soon.)

Thanks for the help with this.

PS - yes, I noticed the NI problem myself but saw that your report about it already existed.

--------------

The entrance is referred to as Entrance####1 in worldmap.wmp and in map_mods_links.tbl (which I think is the file BP worldmap reads to produce the links?)

Anyway, I will update my install with the modifications you suggestef above - I have to do that as well, because TDDz is now available, I am just waiting for shadowlich to establish a download link for it (he started a thread in SHS and has found support there, so it should be up pretty soon.)

Thanks for the help with this.

PS - yes, I noticed the NI problem myself but saw that your report about it already existed.

A small question on the side - replacing the worldmap in an ongoing game requires to replace wmp in a save, i.e. I need to explore the map again - Question: does anyone know what happens with maps that were put on the map using script like RevealAreaOnMap("bgxxxx")?

A small question on the side - replacing the worldmap in an ongoing game requires to replace wmp in a save, i.e. I need to explore the map again - Question: does anyone know what happens with maps that were put on the map using script like RevealAreaOnMap("bgxxxx")?

RevealAreaOnMap simply sets area flag in your local WMP file, so you would need to use it again for the area to show up.

But you don't have to explore the map gain. I've written a code for you that can be used to update local WMP file based on what has been stored in old one.

1. Load your last save game and save it to new slot

2. In Near Infinity, open that new save -> baldur.sav -> Decompress -> Worldmap.wmp -> Delete file -> Save changes

3. Uninstall BP-BGT Worldmap, place that wmp file I've mentioned before to override, install newest BP-BGT Worldmap v.10.2.1 (if you already done it than you can skip this step)

4. Now start EET and load your edited save game without wmp file. Save it again (this will attach new and fixed WMP file to your save)

5. Use this code to update flags:

OUTER_SPRINT source_save ~000000047-source_save_dir~
OUTER_SPRINT dest_save ~000000048-dest_save_file~

COPY - ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%/baldur.sav~ ~.../%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%~
    EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
        PATCH_IF (~%file%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~worldmap.wmp~) BEGIN
            PATCH_PRINT ~Reading flags from %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%/baldur.sav *%file%* ...~
            GET_OFFSET_ARRAY are_array WMP_AREAS
            PHP_EACH are_array AS are_num => are_offset BEGIN
                READ_ASCII are_offset are_name
                READ_LONG are_offset+0x30 are_flags
                DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY are_name_flags BEGIN
                    ~%are_name%~ => ~%are_flags%~
                END
            END
        END
    END

COPY ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%/baldur.sav~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%~
    EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
            PATCH_PRINT ~Writing flags to %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%/baldur.sav *%file%* ...~
                PHP_EACH are_name_flags AS dest_name => dest_flags BEGIN
                    PATCH_IF ~%are_name%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~%dest_name%~ BEGIN
                        PATCH_IF are_flags != dest_flags BEGIN
                            WRITE_LONG are_offset+0x30 dest_flags
                            PATCH_PRINT ~Patching %are_name% flags: %are_flags% => %dest_flags%~
                        END
                    END
                END
            END
        END
    END

000000047-source_save_dir - instead of this paste the name of the directory with the save file you want to use as a base for wmp flags

000000048-dest_save_file - and replace this with directory name that already has fixed clean WMP in it.

After installing the code your save will have fixed WMP file and all flags will be set like in old save.

RevealAreaOnMap simply sets area flag in your local WMP file, so you would need to use it again for the area to show up.

But you don't have to explore the map gain. I've written a code for you that can be used to update local WMP file based on what has been stored in old one.

2. In Near Infinity, open that new save -> baldur.sav -> Decompress -> Worldmap.wmp -> Delete file -> Save changes

3. Uninstall BP-BGT Worldmap, place that wmp file I've mentioned before to override, install newest BP-BGT Worldmap v.10.2.1 (if you already done it than you can skip this step)

4. Now start EET and load your edited save game without wmp file. Save it again (this will attach new and fixed WMP file to your save)

COPY - ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%/baldur.sav~ ~.../%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%~
    EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
            PATCH_PRINT ~Reading flags from %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%source_save%/baldur.sav *%file%* ...~
                END
            END
        END
    END

COPY ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%/baldur.sav~ ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%~
    EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
            PATCH_PRINT ~Writing flags to %USER_DIRECTORY%/save/%dest_save%/baldur.sav *%file%* ...~
                        END
                    END
                END
            END
        END
    END

000000047-source_save_dir - instead of this paste the name of the directory with the save file you want to use as a base for wmp flags

000000048-dest_save_file - and replace this with directory name that already has fixed clean WMP in it.

After installing the code your save will have fixed WMP file and all flags will be set like in old save.

You are genius.

I will try that later, I just installed the new TDDz, so I need to reinstall worldmap (new one) anyway. Once I have restored the game, I will try your code.

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                END
            END
        END
    END

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                        END
                    END
                END
            END
        END
    END

You are genius.

I will try that later, I just installed the new TDDz, so I need to reinstall worldmap (new one) anyway. Once I have restored the game, I will try your code.

Feedback

Installed TDDz (what is already available), new worldmap and map repair (as advised by you) Travelled to OH2000

Everything works perfectly

Thanks once again.

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                END
            END
        END
    END

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                        END
                    END
                END
            END
        END
    END

Hello!

I am in need of updating flags for map from backup save file.

I did all up to the moment : "Use this code to update flags:"

I tried copy/paste code into txt in file then naming it t2p and running it throu weidu.But i guess that is wrong way to do it,since weidu keeps tossing parse error on first line of code..

(not to mention that i spent night googling to find out..so this post is my last resort..)

IF

Anyone would be kind to put me in right direction on how to use that code actually..?

THEN

i would be eternally grateful

Thanks

END

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                END
            END
        END
    END

EDIT_SAV_FILE 1 BEGIN
        SPRINT file ~%SAV_FILE%~
                        END
                    END
                END
            END
        END
    END

Hello!

I am in need of updating flags for map from backup save file.

I did all up to the moment : "Use this code to update flags:"

I tried copy/paste code into txt in file then naming it t2p and running it throu weidu.But i guess that is wrong way to do it,since weidu keeps tossing parse error on first line of code..

(not to mention that i spent night googling to find out..so this post is my last resort..)

IF

Anyone would be kind to put me in right direction on how to use that code actually..?

THEN

i would be eternally grateful

Thanks

END

You need to add to the top of the file something like this

BACKUP ~Maprepair~

AUTHOR ~me~

BEGIN ~Maprepair~

Then give the file .tp2 extension and run it from a weidu copy named to your file.

You need to add to the top of the file something like this

BACKUP ~Maprepair~

AUTHOR ~me~

BEGIN ~Maprepair~

Then give the file .tp2 extension and run it from a weidu copy named to your file.

wow..i spent 5 hours googling just to miss header...its always back to basics isn't it.. :)

Well Thank you!

Valuable lesson learned here!

P.S

Got my save fixed.

Writing flags to D:\My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/000000066
-rad/baldur.sav *WORLDMAP.wmp* ...

Patching ar2100 flags: 2 => 0

Patching ar2200 flags: 13 => 15

Patching ar1400 flags: 2 => 7

Patching ar2300 flags: 3 => 15

Patching ar2400 flags: 2 => 7

Patching ar2900 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3000 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar2800 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3100 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar2700 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3300 flags: 3 => 15

Patching ar3500 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3700 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3200 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3800 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3400 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4000 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar3600 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4200 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4300 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4400 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4500 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4100 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4700 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4800 flags: 3 => 7

Patching ar4900 flags: 3 => 7

Patching ar3900 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar4600 flags: 2 => 15

Patching ar0500 flags: 2 => 15

Patching oh2000 flags: 0 => 15
Can you perhaps share the code/globals etc by which the city becomes closed and can be re-opened?

Currently areas and links stuff is handled like this but keep in mind that I'm yet to test the new implementation (it uses new patch 2.0 actions), so there may be some changes before release.

1. Disable Baldur's Gate City areas

//added to the BG1 -> SoD transition cutscene (BDSODTRN.BCS)

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0100",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0200",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0300",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0400",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0600",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0700",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0800",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1100",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1200",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1300",VISIBLE)

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if the game has been started in BG1 or SoD

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BD0010",VISIBLE)

//added to the Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900.BCS) when party returns there at chapter 8 or later

IF
  Global("K#Drawbridge","BG0900",0)
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("K#Drawbridge","BG0900",1)
    OpenDoor("DoorDraw")
END

//EET uses SoD BG Worldmap (BGMAP.WMP) after BG1->SoD transition but once you leave the SoD prologue (chapter 8 starts) the worldmap goes back to WORLDMAP.WMP via SetWorldmap action.

2. Disable / Enable BG1 <-> SoD area links between Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900) and Coast Way Crossing (BD1000)

//added to SoD starting dungeon (BD0120.BCS) if the game has been started in SoD

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0900",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//no need to add anything for BD1000 since it's already not revealed from the linked area

//more links between SoD areas (in vanilla game you often can't travel back after moving to the next area)

3. Disable / Enable BG1 <-> SoA area links between Athkatla City Gates (AR0020) and Nashkeel (BG4800)

//added to the Candlekeep prologue (BG2600.BCS):

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if the game has been started in BG1

AddWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if the game has been started in SoA

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG4800",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//BG0000.ARE dummy area won't be used in the new version.

4. Disable / Enable SoA <-> ToB area links between Athkatla City Gates (AR0020) and Forest Valley / North Forest (AR6400)

//added to the ToB starting area (AR4000.BCS) if the game has been started in ToB

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//no need to add anything for AR6400 since it's already not revealed from the linked area

-------------

In other words all you need to do in order to reopen Baldur's Gate city areas is lowering the bridge in Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900.BCS). In order to do so just use this action:

CloseDoor("DoorDraw")

Than when you cross the bridge and travel west the BG city districts will show exactly as they where made visible and explorable during BG1 (one after another as you travel).

Archived