Revisit Areas in EET

Roxanne

Can you perhaps share the code/globals etc by which the city becomes closed and can be re-opened?

Currently areas and links stuff is handled like this but keep in mind that I'm yet to test the new implementation (it uses new patch 2.0 actions), so there may be some changes before release.

1. Disable Baldur's Gate City areas

//added to the BG1 -> SoD transition cutscene (BDSODTRN.BCS)

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0100",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0200",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0300",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0400",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0600",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0700",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0800",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1100",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1200",VISIBLE)
RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG1300",VISIBLE)

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if party has started the game from BG1

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BD0010",VISIBLE)

//added to the Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900.BCS) when party returns there at chapter 8 or later

IF
  Global("K#Drawbridge","BG0900",0)
  GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("K#Drawbridge","BG0900",1)
    OpenDoor("DoorDraw")
END

EET uses SoD BG Worldmap (BGMAP.WMP) after BG1->SoD transition but once you leave the SoD prologue (chapter 8 starts) the worldmap goes back to WORLDMAP.WMP via SetWorldmap action.

2. Disable / Enable BG1 <-> SoD area links between Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900) and Coast Way Crossing (BD1000)

//added to SoD starting dungeon (BD0120.BCS) if the game has been started in SoD

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG0900",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//no need to add anything for BD1000 since it's already not revealed from the linked area

//more links between SoD areas (in vanilla game you often can't travel back after moving to the next area)

3. Disable / Enable BG1 <-> SoA area links between Athkatla City Gates (AR0020) and Nashkeel (BG4800)

//added to the Candlekeep prologue (BG2600.BCS):

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if the game has been started in BG1

AddWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//added to the Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.BCS) if the game has been started in SoA

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("BG4800",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//BG0000.ARE dummy area won't be used in the new version.

4. Disable / Enable SoA <-> ToB area links between Athkatla City Gates (AR0020) and Forest Valley / North Forest (AR6400)

//added to the ToB starting area (AR4000.BCS) if the game has been started in ToB

RemoveWorldmapAreaFlag("AR0020",ENABLED) //Reveal from linked area

//no need to add anything for AR6400 since it's already not revealed from the linked area

-------------

In other words all you need to do in order to reopen Baldur's Gate city areas is lowering the bridge in Wyrm's Crossing (BG0900.BCS). In order to do so just use this action:

CloseDoor("DoorDraw")

Than when you cross the bridge and travel west the BG city districts will show exactly as they where made visible and explorable during BG1 (one after another as you travel).

Thank you for that information.

In BG2 I may simply closedoor (i.e. lower the bridge) once the hindring issue is resolved in the game plot.

In BG0900.BCS I have

IF

Global("SanSoDSkie","Global",6)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("SanSoDSkie","Global",7)

CloseDoor("DoorDraw")

END

Later in the game (after ToB, when my mod continues), travelling between ALL areas in the installation should be possible.

I probably need to include some code

IF

GlobalGT("Chapter","Global",22)

THEN

Re-enable the links in your points 2 - 4.

This will be done when SandrahRtF starts, so it will not interfer with anything in the original trilogy.

I probably need to include some code

IF

GlobalGT("Chapter","Global",22)

THEN

Re-enable the links in your points 2 - 4.

This will be done when SandrahRtF starts, so it will not interfer with anything in the original trilogy.

you don't need to include anything like that at all (other than lowering the bridge if you want to make BG areas visitable after chapter 7). Links between BG1->SoD->SoA->ToB are being enabled as you progress through the game. The above code is used only to temporary disable "reveal from linked area" flag when we don't want it to work. Otherwise you would be able to travel from Wyrm's Crossing Nashkeel to Athkatla City Gates during BG1 which is not intended. But once BG1 is finished such travel will be already possible (if you didn't skip whole part of the story via New Game campaign button), so there is no need to do it again.

Archived