why the install order

Would installing FP after BGT make any difference at all?
Yes, your worldmap.wmp would be totally screwed... well that was at least with a few versions before the current one. The reason is actually that the Fixpack is trying to be the standard first mod to be installed, with a few exceptions like the Ascension mod(that's a long tale too)... And you probably are instrested in the BGT-weidu, not the old non-weidu version that's not compatible with anything, basically.

Yes, I do mean the awesomely weidu-ized BGT. The worldmap fix is just a straight-up override and can easily be commented out in the tp2 -- unless the travel time fix(es) rely on that particular wmp.

But, to answer my own question: on its own and disregarding the possible worldmap issue, BG2FP can be applied before or after BGTw.

(I completely understand why it needs to be the first mod, though I've always considered it more of an unofficial patch than mod.)

Yes, I do mean the awesomely weidu-ized BGT. The worldmap fix is just a straight-up override and can easily be commented out in the tp2 -- unless the travel time fix(es) rely on that particular wmp.
Well, the fix in the .wmp makes one of the exits available on one of the maps, well that's what I remember hearing from it... but considering that there are people who try to generate a list of predetermined install order(see the BiG World Project and the BWS )... it's best for all parties conserned to try and bug out the one that the most people run out with. Not every which possible, cause there's only the 1.0... *10^301 possibilities of them. That ends up with a lot of zeroes.

Of course the BGT after the Fixpack is the recomendation of the BGT-Weidu maker, you are free to fly off the handle but you better try to recomend the install order to other people .. because they might need aid in the future with other mods and they mostly get turned down cause the weidu.log looks funny.

though I'm still at a loss why both mods can't check on this considering how many other Stupid Player failsafes they have already.
Well, if we check every contingency, we would never get anything done.

And if we would suggest the above thing to be rectified, who's to say that the BGT Tweaks mod doesn't get installed before the Fixpack, which will then need contingency plan b2, then cause of the change the Bg1npcs needs contingency plan b101...

This all comes down to the number 42, the simpliest way is the best.

Archived