SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

This time all Spell Rev was installed without problems, but when i tried to install Softer Spell Effects from 1PP mod this is the result:

ERROR: illegal 2-byte write (J) offset 272 of 202-byte file SPWI810.SPL
ERROR: [SPWI810.SPL] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI810.SPL: write out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.
Another mod, another file, but same bug...

That's a similar error message, but it's a different bug. In this case, 1PP is assuming the file has 4 effects, like it does in vanilla, but it doesn't anymore. 1PP should use a loop to alter each effect, so that it will work regardless of the number of effects.

1pp/install/114_effects.tph

Current Code

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~1pp/core/1ppv4_pro/1PINCIND.PRO~

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~SPWI810.SPL~) THEN BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING ~SPWI810.SPL~ ~override~
    PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
      WRITE_SHORT  0x98 ~%1PINCIND%~
      WRITE_SHORT  0xc0 ~%1PINCIND%~
      WRITE_SHORT  0x110 ~%1PINCIND%~
      WRITE_SHORT  0x138 ~%1PINCIND%~
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END
Looping Code

ADD_PROJECTILE      ~1pp/core/1ppv4_pro/1PINCIND.PRO~

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~SPWI810.SPL~) THEN BEGIN
  COPY_EXISTING ~SPWI810.SPL~ ~override~
    PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
      READ_LONG  0x64 abilities_off
      READ_SHORT 0x68 num_abilities
      FOR (i = 0; i < num_abilities; i += 1) BEGIN
        WRITE_SHORT (abilities_off + 0x28*i + 0x26) 1PINCIND
      END
    END
    BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END
I believe there are other patches in this component and other 1PP components that have similar issues. Edited by Mike1072

@TiroFisso another beta tester said that installing IR before SR cause your issue, though other players did not reported such issue. That being said I have no idea why that potion would be causing any issue... If you can follow Jarno's suggestion a changelog would be useful to track down the issue.

I forgot...

change-log:

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23600
override/POTN11.SPLTB#"SPACE"item_rev/backup/1300/POTN11.SPL

Mods affecting POTN11.SPL:
00000: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 1300 // Shields Can Bash: V4 Beta 3

@TiroFisso another beta tester said that installing IR before SR cause your issue, though other players did not reported such issue. That being said I have no idea why that potion would be causing any issue... If you can follow Jarno's suggestion a changelog would be useful to track down the issue.

I forgot...

change-log:

Mods affecting POTN11.SPL:
00000: ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ 0 1300 // Shields Can Bash: V4 Beta 3

That is interesting. I took a brief look at the code and there is some stuff that inserts bytes and updates offsets; there may be a bug causing it to corrupt some files. I'll leave this for Ardanis to investigate.

I'm getting constant crashes in during several mage fights.

one crash is consistent and reproducible for me :

basically cast any spell in Amn without buying license , and soon as the cowled wizards appear the game crash.

can some one else test and and if this is something unique to my game ?

Can't reproduce, I 've had zero crashes in mage fights, and Cowled's don't crash either. Try posting your Weidu log.

A small update for all waiting for IR/SR v4 to be out - we ain't being lazy :) .

Bad news is there's a few bugs and things yet to be implemented, good news is a lot (really, a lot) of ground has been covered already.

Feast yer eyes:

tes.jpg
Edited by kreso

More eye candys:

1) New Prismatic Spray bring Cernd down

image.jpg
2) Fireburst - the old Sunfire - in action
image.jpg

3) One of the most valuable spells for paladins/rangers; Resist Elements - the real value of this is derived from the fact that Fireshields are no longer removable by Breach spell

image.jpg
Edited by kreso

One more from today's session - Insect type spells bypass MR. No more are druids limited to summoning against magic resistant Drow hordes, now they have a strong card against them.

Yes! Innate resist all you want sneaky drow, but feel the pain of a million flea bites :p

Edited by Dakk

Yes! Innate resist all you want sneaky drow, but feel the pain of a million fleas :p

They also have poison!

One more screen. I replayed this battle 3 times, since in battles like this SR shows if everything is working as it should. :)

mr2.jpg
Edited by kreso

Nice man, I'm eager to get your full report. ;)

On a side note, I just spotted a small thing to refine from one of the above screenshots: Creeping Doom's poison visual effect should be displayed only on a failed save. Done.

Nice catch!